Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

HipHop University

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by etc.com, Jan 9, 2002.

1. etc.com

etc.com Member

Here in Chicago we have a hip hop university, which is pretty much a building where graf is displayed and events are done for all people-
    What do people from Chicago think about this place? if you have had the chance to visit it. Also I would like to know if other states have places like this one?

2. Zodiot

Zodiot New Jack

who are you?
    and what the fuck is your username about ..... etc.com?????
    please explain..... me and my boys are ETC crew ....
    we have been hitting it for over 4 years.....
    no comprende

3. Zodiot

Zodiot New Jack

No Beef, Just Confusion......
    ...that last entry seems pretty snappy.
    Which is unintended.

4. etc.com

etc.com Member

don't trip I am a piecer from Chicago not a crew, where's your crew from?

ETC stands for etcetra, what does your crew stand for?

5. Secret

Secret Elite Member

Fuck a Hip Hop University... it's all about the IN-N-OUT UNIVERSITY right here in sunny California!! In case all you unfortunante people don't have In-N-Out in your city, it's an inexpensive place where the make the juicest burgers in the world (with all natural ingredients)! Now you can go to IN-N-OUT UNIVERSITY and learn how to flip burgers!!

6. imported_! Hoes Get Sex !

imported_! Hoes Get Sex ! Banned

NEW YORK USE TO HAVE THE PHUN FACTORY (QUEENS)WHICH WOULD ALLOW PEOPLE TO PAINT LEGALLY. AND IT HAD SOME SHIT GOIN ON INSIDE WITH SKATING AND DJING. I THINK RECENTLY IT FELL OFF AND NO LONGER IS HAPPENING. ALOT OF NEW YORKERS USE TO HATE ON THE GUY WHO RAN IT AND THE POLITICS THAT CAME WITH IT ... FUCK IT... I THOUGHT IT WAS KOOL.

7. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

from my brief stint on the west coast i can vouch for the deliciousness of in and out and jamba juice too for that matter....r

8. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

i was just there during the summer and it was still running..i wouldent be surprised if the shit got shutdown on some bullshit charge.

9. AskNags

AskNags New Jack

Last I heard ETC stood for Every Toy Crumbles....but as with every crew it alternates between a few.

10. 455

455 Guest

....ahhhh,I love L.A.

Secret-......In-N-Out Burger is sooo good.same with Canter's-in Culver City or El Tarasco in Venice.

11. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

huh? whats this "hip-hop" stuff? i dont understand...

12. imported_YEAHMANWORD

imported_YEAHMANWORD Member

phun phactory is still around yo...its chill to piece there but i doubt for much longer. not many pieces running there either cept for iz the wiz and a bunch of sate and dsr stuff. mostly all throwups now

13. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

I didn't know you lived in CA Secret. My homie works at the In&Out University. Actually now he works with the In & Out Truck now.* Based out of the university.
    Motherfuckers get some decent cash out there.

14. defyone

defyone Guest

well... i think that the University of HipHop has fallen off in the past 2 years.. i helped Raven out with teachin there 3 years ago, since then its gotten to laid back to really help kids learn anything about graff, or the hiphop culture. it went from being a summer camp thing for the southwest community to a place where people only really show up every once and a while, wether its for the "Breaking Practice" which is still held every sunday (only a select few tend to show up). and only when people paint the outside of the building. i dont even show up for any thing there any more, i went to the Static and Nerd show, and that was the first time i had been there in a year. So in my mind its cool that we still have the building, but at the same time, Raven and Zore dont have the time to keep it running on a regular. well thats my thoughts on it.

15. Secret

Secret Elite Member

Yeah, no kidding. I heard you can make 6 digits if you're one of the managers and make a career out of it? That's pretty damn good for a buger joint.