Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Hip Hop- new coke.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by zen, Dec 16, 2002.

1. zen

zen New Jack

I was wondering if any one else has noticed this new sort of sub-genre of hip hop thats really becomming popular recently (And i have enjoyed alot).

It really consists of people like company flow, mr. lif, deltron3030, antipopconsortium, dj vadim, (occasionally aesop rock) dj food and many other artists that rock more of strange type of production that feels like a blade runner sound track, coupled with more complex lyrics that allow for more abstract flows and subject matter.

I personally enjoy this kind of shite and I was wondering if any body else is into this junk since my only exposure to it is via the internet and the occasional radio play.

2. MEROJUANA

MEROJUANA Senior Member

FIRST NIGGAAAAAAAAH!!!

DEF JUX

3. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

company flow gets a thumbs down from me.

4. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

well you do like trance, so your opinion doesnt really go too far...

5. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

hahaha. surprise surprise.

6. illwill

illwill Guest

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. YinzerXpress

YinzerXpress Guest

deltron is pretty cool, but i dont think this is a new thing, kool keith did it a couple years ago with his dr doom and dr octagon albums.....

dan the automator, another kool keith character has some good shit out as well

8. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

ah hell. I thought this was gonna be a thread on coke packaging the "original recipe" in one of those skinny cans (red bull) and testing them in New York clubs.

I can just see how that meeting went:
    CEO: How do we cash in on the energy drink craze.
    Creative (annoyed that this meeting is even taking place): Dude, just put it in a little can with no logo.

ummm, yeah, since this isn't a thread about that, uhh, nevermind.

*edit, cause I can't spell.

9. sneak

sneak Guest

as long as it has energy and makes me want to dance i like it

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

no more energy than a normal can of coke. technically less since the serving size will be smaller.

Its all about packaging the same old recipe in a new way to make more money off of the little ADD kids.

11. 455

455 Guest

yeah,some of that stuff is dope,but personally I like listening to more "jazzed-out" shit......I have Diamond D's "Check 1,2" on repeat right now.

12. FlamingHobo

FlamingHobo Guest

man i thought this thread was going to be some shit like Coke release vanilla coke with hip hop "stars" on them...like rap snacks...boo@this shit.

13. pase.one

pase.one New Jack

shit's is illmatic

14. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Veteran Member

Okay you must be smoking some serious shit to think that Dan the Automator is Kool Keith..

Oh by the way Def Jux is sick along with all the other listed in the first post..

15. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

as long as the lyrics are dope i'll listen to anything