Hip-Hop Docs

GoD5eNt

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by nyam+Mar 17 2005, 03:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nyam - Mar 17 2005, 03:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GoD5eNt@Mar 17 2005, 09:25 AM

What are some great Hip-Hop Documentaries, Rap Docs, Or Music Documentaries in general?

styles wars? :)

[/b]

Yeah, that's a good example.

Also if you can, recommend Hip-Hop books or Websites dedicated to Hip-Hop education or news.

Where do you get your Hip-Hop Music news?

Originally posted by GoD5eNt+Mar 17 2005, 03:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoD5eNt - Mar 17 2005, 03:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by nyam@Mar 17 2005, 03:27 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-GoD5eNt@Mar 17 2005, 09:25 AM

What are some great Hip-Hop Documentaries, Rap Docs, Or Music Documentaries in general?

styles wars? :)

Yeah, that's a good example.

Also if you can, recommend Hip-Hop books or Websites dedicated to Hip-Hop education or news.

Where do you get your Hip-Hop Music news?

[/b]

buy a cd

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I'm not super keen on recommending this, cause it's not as good as it could have been, but it's the only one out there, and it does offer some nice insight on the history of bboying.

The Freshest Kids

I edited a 90 minute doc on how to get a record deal in hiphop

but the director and the producer had a falling out, plus they

were both big flakes so it got shelved.

I caught somethin on VH1 last night called Hip Hop Babylon (hosted by Q-Tip) which was pretty interesting. Basically showed the inner-workings of what it's like to work on an album, how much work it is to be a rapper, how a rapper's entourage leeches off a rapper, etc... basically all the ugly behind-the-scenes sides of rap. Joe Budden seemed like a sensitive-ass nigga though.

Originally posted by Theodore Huxtable@Mar 17 2005, 07:01 PM

I caught somethin on VH1 last night called Hip Hop Babylon (hosted by Q-Tip) which was pretty interesting. Basically showed the inner-workings of what it's like to work on an album, how much work it is to be a rapper, how a rapper's entourage leeches off a rapper, etc... basically all the ugly behind-the-scenes sides of rap. Joe Budden seemed like a sensitive-ass nigga though.

Anyone heard of And you dont stop: 30 years of hip hop?

also if you dont have anything to contribute to the thread please dont post.. It would be nice if someone came up with a top 10 or something.

Originally posted by GoD5eNt+Mar 17 2005, 03:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoD5eNt - Mar 17 2005, 03:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Theodore Huxtable@Mar 17 2005, 07:01 PM

Anyone heard of And you dont stop: 30 years of hip hop?

also if you dont have anything to contribute to the thread please dont post.. It would be nice if someone came up with a top 10 or something.

[/b]

And you dont stop was the thing on vh1 during "hip-hop month".

I have Style Wars,

Scratch,

The Freshest Kids,

Wildstyle

Scratch was real dope.

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Mar 17 2005, 06:18 PM

The illest rap documentary i have ever seen was a movie called Rhyme-n-Reason. i seen it in the movie thearter when i was like 12 and havent seen it since.But it was dope.I woulld deffinantly reccomend it

i remember rhyme n reason. i was like in 8th grade when that came out. another good documentary is BEEF. about all the major rap beefs from the beginning of Hip Hop till the end. the sequel called BEEF II was okay, but it seemed more gimmicky. they spent too much time talking about the beef between D12 and Royce Da 5'9". Like anyone cared. Beef 1 was better because they talked about LL Cool J vs Kool Moe Dee, Biggie vs Tupac, West Coast vs East Coast, KRS-One vs MC Shan, Jay-Z vs Nas, 50 Cent vs Ja Rule, etc...