HIP-HOP...1200 hobos crew?

rinse

so here i am digging for hip hop and i am sorta looking for some good 1200 hobos. sixtoo, mr. dibbs, dj signify, skratch bastid, animal crackers, adeem, are a few members that make up the crew known as 1200 hobos. do any of yall channel zero kids know whether anyone else is 1200 crew and which of their albums a'worth listening to?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

look for DJ MAYONNAISE '55 stories'. along the same lines as signify and dibbs. just about everyone in anticon is also a hobo. adverse from utah is a hobo. john doe from chicago. dj fingas from LA. buck65 is a hobo. egon. scott metallic... look for JEL '10 seconds' on MUSH records. atmosphere...

if you give me a more specific idea of what you're looking for, i can give you more specific answers.

adverse and jel are hobos? i didnt realize. damn... is there a 1200 hobo tour? that would be sick.

well, i am trying to exit the dark hip hop thing. signify is hot but too slow and dark. know what i mean? dibbs- 30th song is some serious funk and is a good cut off point, anything darker then that is too much. i guess i am looking for suggestions for some music that i am pretty sure i will like before i buy.

discs that got some heavy rotation at my house recently:

glue-seconds away

cold cut- live @ blue room

aesop rock- apple seed

dj food, coldcut, and dk- stoned chilled groove

sage francis- sick of waging war

j5- quality control

adverse-way with words

unkle vs. the scratch perverts-breezeblock set

omnipotor-assorted hits

pete rock & cl smooth- mecca & the soul brother

i've also taken a new liking to almost anything ninja tune.

but yea, mayonnaise-55 stories huh? i'll look into it. appriciated.

jel is actually in APSO with egon, signify, dibbs and buck...possible 6.2. as well. 'advanced placement students only'. it's the upper eschelon of the hobos.

you'll like the mayo album. it's good. same sort of style as signify, but a little funkier. i havent heard any newer signify stuff, but you should give anything he does a chance. dude is a great dj, dope producer and super cool guy. dibbs has alot more than just 30th song. random vol 1, 2 & 3. all recorded live. good stuff. alot of random accapella stuff on them also, by slug, sage and some others. if you can find any mixtape stuff by mf shalem (adeem's dj, formerly sage's dj) check for that. good stuff. 'canada's own drunkness monster' formerly of 'len' (steal my sunshine), incredible dj, super cool guy. i'm not sure if he's ever put anything out, but if he has, it's sure to be good.

if i think of some other stuff you might like, i'll bump this.

Guest BROWNer

If music is dying, musicians are killing it. Composers are the ones decomposing it. We are as responsible as anyone--although we'd love not to admit it. We lash out at "The Industry", blaming things like corporate structure for our shitty music--but we are the ones making it. We open the box they've given us and jump in, wrap ourselves up, and even lick the stamp. Why? Insecurity--the need for acceptance--maybe even money. We're not thinking about our music, just how it looks. One would rather have the warm tongue of a critic licking his asshole than the tongue of his spouse. It gives him a sense of validity and power. He seems to defy gravity. Maybe it is because he doesn't know what the hell else to do. He sees it coming--but freezes with panic like a deer in the headlights. Don't laugh--I've done it and you probably have too. And it has undoubtedly effected out music. (But have we learned anything form it?) We know that we are mostly a lot of slobbering babies who need constant stroking. We realize also in the moral order of society, we occupy positions similar to the thief, pimp, or peeping tom. We know that even if one has the pride of a bull, it is hard enough just to remain focused in this world. It gives us milliona upon millions of images--distractions--all saying the same thing at the same time: DO NOT THINK. If your fantasy and desire give you migraines, how easy it is to forget them when there is so much to look at. Our creations die quickly when abandoned like this. Do we realize that we are eating our young? It seems the passion that moves us is accompanied by an incredible urge to squash it. It is as quick as a fucking reflex--a conditioned response. It it a sexual problem? A puritanical one? The most intense and convincing music achieves a sexual level of expression, but what we normally feel is frigidity and limpness. It is just too easy for an artist to 'socialize' his desires when life tells him cardboard is OK. You should be ashamed of yourself! What is your fucking problem? If you don't come out, sooner or later you will die in there. Use chunks of yourself. Bodily fluids. Look left and right. Sift through others' belongings. Borrow. Steal. And try to achieve some sort of pleasure while doing it. This excitement should increase and intensify when you visualize it being shared by a number of people. Think about it. If it comes from inside you, it is automatically valid--it just may or may not be_ good. Because if it is not communicating in some way, its pleasure is as short-lived as a quick fuck in the back room. It doesn't mean shit. The labor of many composers is to construct elaborate walls of sound--but we often forget to leave a window or door to crawl out of. ow can we survive in these clever little rooms? We must eat our creation or we will starve. At this point, we have heard what we wanted to hear--our ears have shut down. We've resigned as slaves to our own gluttony. But if we have boarded up our learning environment, our only way out is to teach what we know. Will they listen? Why should they? Because they need you as much as you need them. You can save them from being swallowed up by the world--they can save you from being swallowed up by the world. Young and old players should be seeking each other out and using each other. They should develope a healthy exchange of smut--and learn to wear each other's masks. In this kind of environment, incredible things can happen. Music can emerge that is athletic and personal. Music that is riddled with contradictions--impossibilities. And that is the shit that can defy gravity.-Mike Patton

Originally posted by rinse

i've also taken a new liking to almost anything ninja tune.

What I'm saying.. but not so recently.

Hey seeking, what album is 'Year of the Sex Symbol' on? Someone was saying it's your boy's older stuff. I can't say I listen to much anticon... but I respect 'em for what they're doing and Sole's older stuff stood out, almost rhymesayers-esque (not that I've given the more recent stuff too much of a chance, too swamped with music to listen to everything).

Hmm?

Richard Hunter in his book "The World Without Secrets" has some interesting social commentary in here...

Instead of calling people the "profane masses" or "sheeple" or the "herd" or whatever calls them distracted consumers. In a world more flooded with information we look toward "mentats" (a reference to Herberts "Dune") or experts and leaders for reassurance in a confusing and chaotic world... also distraction is important to the distracted consumer as well. Besides we don't have time to fuss with details.

He basically breaks people down into four categories: the One Dimensional Expert, The Critical Thinker, the Rigid Believer, and the Distracted Consumer.

Interesting stuff.

That Mike Patton quote kinda reminded me of that in a more arty kind of way.

26sided,

it's off 'bottle of humans'. you should also check soulseek for 'mans best friend' and 'mans best friend II'. good stuff. 'selling live water' (his most recent album) is real dope also.

seldoon,

there are hobos everywhere...hanging out with all sorts of people. infact, you could be hangin out, just talking to someone and not even know their a hobo.

;)

Originally posted by nomadawhat

not hobos but checkout:

blockhead - music by cavelight.. (aesop rocks producer)

boom bip

drawing a blank..i may be back.

yea blockhead is dope. i havent heard all of music by cavelight but what i have heard sounds like a weak version of 9 LAZY9-THE HERB. maybe i should give it another chance though.

boom bip is cool. seed to the sun was a decent disc and the shit he did with dose one was good, i havent hearrd his last release though.

-SEEKING- how would you rate jels work on greenball compared to his work on the no music? been thinking about picking up a copy of greenball, but i never heard it before. does he sound good solo?

Originally posted by BROWNer

If music is dying, musicians are killing it. Composers are the ones decomposing it. We are as responsible as anyone--although we'd love not to admit it. We lash out at "The Industry", blaming things like corporate structure for our shitty music--but we are the ones making it. We open the box they've given us and jump in, wrap ourselves up, and even lick the stamp. Why? Insecurity--the need for acceptance--maybe even money. We're not thinking about our music, just how it looks. One would rather have the warm tongue of a critic licking his asshole than the tongue of his spouse. It gives him a sense of validity and power. He seems to defy gravity. Maybe it is because he doesn't know what the hell else to do. He sees it coming--but freezes with panic like a deer in the headlights. Don't laugh--I've done it and you probably have too. And it has undoubtedly effected out music. (But have we learned anything form it?) We know that we are mostly a lot of slobbering babies who need constant stroking. We realize also in the moral order of society, we occupy positions similar to the thief, pimp, or peeping tom. We know that even if one has the pride of a bull, it is hard enough just to remain focused in this world. It gives us milliona upon millions of images--distractions--all saying the same thing at the same time: DO NOT THINK. If your fantasy and desire give you migraines, how easy it is to forget them when there is so much to look at. Our creations die quickly when abandoned like this. Do we realize that we are eating our young? It seems the passion that moves us is accompanied by an incredible urge to squash it. It is as quick as a fucking reflex--a conditioned response. It it a sexual problem? A puritanical one? The most intense and convincing music achieves a sexual level of expression, but what we normally feel is frigidity and limpness. It is just too easy for an artist to 'socialize' his desires when life tells him cardboard is OK. You should be ashamed of yourself! What is your fucking problem? If you don't come out, sooner or later you will die in there. Use chunks of yourself. Bodily fluids. Look left and right. Sift through others' belongings. Borrow. Steal. And try to achieve some sort of pleasure while doing it. This excitement should increase and intensify when you visualize it being shared by a number of people. Think about it. If it comes from inside you, it is automatically valid--it just may or may not be_ good. Because if it is not communicating in some way, its pleasure is as short-lived as a quick fuck in the back room. It doesn't mean shit. The labor of many composers is to construct elaborate walls of sound--but we often forget to leave a window or door to crawl out of. ow can we survive in these clever little rooms? We must eat our creation or we will starve. At this point, we have heard what we wanted to hear--our ears have shut down. We've resigned as slaves to our own gluttony. But if we have boarded up our learning environment, our only way out is to teach what we know. Will they listen? Why should they? Because they need you as much as you need them. You can save them from being swallowed up by the world--they can save you from being swallowed up by the world. Young and old players should be seeking each other out and using each other. They should develope a healthy exchange of smut--and learn to wear each other's masks. In this kind of environment, incredible things can happen. Music can emerge that is athletic and personal. Music that is riddled with contradictions--impossibilities. And that is the shit that can defy gravity.-Mike Patton

Yes.

My flow of music is what comes from inside. What would you consider a mix of emo-core with hip Hop drum bass tatics? LOl. Kinda of what I like to put together and freewrite to. Sort of a Candiria but na def not really.

jel is one of the most talented producers in all of hip hop, period. he does shit with an sp12000, that cats are using whole studios to try and replicate.

anyway, green ball is mostly versions of various beats that he's done between 98-2001 or so. alot of the stuff off the first them album, deep puddle, etc.

if you still arent convinced, i could throw you a track or two over aim. let me know.

the thing is, you guys never heard the other 15 minutes of the conversation. it was completely different than how it was edited to sound. everything was taken out of context. it's like if you said 'i fucking love womens asses' then took the tape and cut out the 'wo', and put 'fucking' before 'mens'.

oh well.

funniest part is that i was half responsible for tht whole beef.

seeks/company flow vs the spice girls

Originally posted by seeking

the thing is, you guys never heard the other 15 minutes of the conversation. it was completely different than how it was edited to sound. everything was taken out of context. it's like if you said 'i fucking love womens asses' then took the tape and cut out the 'wo', and put 'fucking' before 'mens'.

oh well.

funniest part is that i was half responsible for tht whole beef.

seeks/company flow vs the spice girls

hah. I don't doubt it being chopped up but I just wanted to follow the lead set, nothing more. I don't care about those guys personal shit...

but if you want to hook up the original tapes in mp3 format I'll be glad to listen. ha.

Archived