Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

hinduism

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Sep 19, 2002.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

jesus, the topics just dont stop with me today....

anyone hindu? anyone know a shit load about it?
    i keep telling people im gonna convert to hinduism, and i dont think they believe me, but im not even kidding. so far, ive yet to find anything in it i dont agree with, wich is absolutely unheard of for me... i find faults in everything.
    so.... anyone? anything?

2. Are2

Are2 Guest

my girl ^%$%#% is a hindi

and btw
    you cannot convert (i've heard from hindis) to hindu...
    it has to do with the whole reincarnation as belief system thing

and of course i may be wrong about them accepting converts
    but that is how i understand it....

3. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

no joke... 3 threads for every arm of brahman.

Assides from all the talk in my 'world religions' class, I dont know that much.
    I do know that they worship thousands of gods, can be completely backwater
    at time, and that theory and practice are incredible distant.
    A friend whent to India recently. Apparently living people can be 'gods' too.
    That's what freaks me out. I dont think that any living person should have to deal with
    a title like that. Anyways, there's one tribe who's sole purpose was to pray
    to the 'gods' of Bollywood movies. The cult of celebrity taken back 4000 years.
    eek!

you've watched Baraka right ?

4. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I grew up on that shit!

mom and dad are maaaaad hindu.

5. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

oh yeah.... why didn't I think of that ?

6. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

hindi is a language.

hindu is a religion.

they're not too related, except that many people that speak hindi practise hinduism.

7. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

do share...

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

haha, yeah, ive been told that for years... which is kind of why i specifically use the word 'convert'... its sort of a self mocking reference to the futility of the whole thing.
    or something.

but realisticly, i could give a shit about actually 'converting' to anything... theres no point. i can learn, practice, understand anything they can, converted or not....

haha, and how did i know you would reply? all i need is Roo to reply as well, and it'll be a daily double. :)

9. Are2

Are2 Guest

thanks for the tip

i guess my latin was fuckin me up

thinkin that hindi is plural...blablabla

10. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

hmmm....go for it.
    im a christian that doesn't go to church.i used to have a spiritual partner and we would smoke weed and talk about how we're doing and God all the time.im just the wanderer...i walk through my land finding different experiences and sometimes i deal with them, sometimes i let them get the better half of me.i sometimes see my friends get possesed saying evil shit to me, which is pretty scary cause most of the time, after the change on me, its hard for me ot see them again or its hard for them to see me...cause i tell them things like "remember what happened here tonight."i believe things cause i have seen things...i thought i was going crazy until i met others that have the same exact experiences as i do and did.i have fought demons in front of a lrge crowd and people left my place scared and confused...hmmmm.....i deal with wierd shit and i haveonly met 4 others that know what i talk about...everybody else thinks im either stupid/crazy/ or lying....some believe though..even my own brother thinks im crazy, but he believes in the ghosts that huant our house..well, i know right from wrong..good from evil...its the choices we make that make a difference.

////////edited:eek:

well, i get caught up in talking about demons and forget to talk about the good things.all my life i have felt like the purpose is being served...i have no worries just frustrations, but those can be taken care of.all i can really say is that love and this world is a beautiful thing.i once heard a man say find your gift and you will know what ot do.

11. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

yeah, zest, it may seem wierd, but to my knowledge, no one can be a god and be living. my mom reveres certain swamis and such, and they are considered sacred, but never will you all out worship them. i don't know, though. my grandmother would often big up this dude Baba Lokenath, and he's not exactly living, but he is not that old in history. She would not exactly pray to him like one would pray to a god, but she looks to his ?soul? for guidance.

i ain't hindu myself, but I love the stories. The Bhagavhad (sp) Gita.

The Mahabarata (a wicked story), and all that good shit about the Pandava bros.

seeking, if you want some easy primers on the legends, you should check into Amar Chitra Kata comic books. sounds stupid, but they're a really fun read. My name is a translation of Arjun's name. Arjun being the master Pandava archer.

12. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

oh, and there are different types of hinduism. i see on tv malaysians or somthing piercing themselves and shit. and in some part of india, where they find the rat sacred and live and worship amongst them.

idunnoabouthat!

when I go to Calcutta, and Dawkeneshwar (sp - i'm an idiot), it's just a part of life. no biggie. a religion, that's it. Huge, splendorous temple and what not. My family doesn't worship a thousand gods. True, there are different incarnations, sometimes, of a particular god, but really, they're all one.

in total, my family prays to a few.

oh, and seeking. if you wanna check out a mad hindu celebration, there is this HUGE puja coming up dedicated to the female god Durga (power, destruction of enemies, etc.). it's the biggest celebration of the year, i believe. family and friends are all hyped up already.

13. socrates

socrates Guest

I don't like hindi food:(

14. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

i've never heard of hindi food.

15. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Senior Member