High Priest Needs Camera adivce...

High Priest

Here's the situation:

Im looking to pick up a new camera that I can use for taking flicks and for other projects. Im not to familiar with camera's outside of point and click and im looking to buy something in the $150 - 250 range. If any one has any advice as to what to look for (Im not expecting professional quality, but at least something decent) in a camera I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Thank you.

* I also just realized i spelled the title wrong. Sorry. *

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

just go buy a run of mill 35mm or 50mm manual camera. Try yardsales. Nikon in my opinion is best. A light meter would also help, try to get a camera with a light meter on it. If you go to a camera shop theyll immediatly acknowledge you dont know shit about photography and hustle your ass for some shit you probably dont need..

Dont say I didnt warn you.

theres a huge difference between a digital camera and a 'film' cammera. what you're going to be doing with it really dictates which is preferable.

if you want to get into photography and dark room printing and all that shit, youll want an SLR (single lens reflex, aka 'manual'). you can get older, used ones for much less than 200 bucks that will suit you just fine. i got mine (minolta) for about 150 4 or 5 years ago, and its always served me well. lenses are probably going to be more expensive/important than the body of the camera.

if you just want to take pictures of all sorts of random shit that you come across, i would highly suggest a digital. its a million times cheaper. figure a roll of film costs about 2-3 dollars. to get that developed is atleast 7 or 8. so thats 1o bucks everytime you take 24 pictures. that shit adds up like whoa.

so yeah, im babbling... id go with a digital. get something with atleast 1.3 megapixels, and if you can afford it, i would go with 2.+ spending an extra hundred bucks now will save you from having to buy a new camera in two years and undoubtedly make you a happier camper.

so yeah, thats all.

im watching meg ryan on tv, shes fucking hot.

Archived