Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

High Priest Needs Camera adivce...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by High Priest, Jun 11, 2002.

1. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Here's the situation:

Im looking to pick up a new camera that I can use for taking flicks and for other projects. Im not to familiar with camera's outside of point and click and im looking to buy something in the $150 - 250 range. If any one has any advice as to what to look for (Im not expecting professional quality, but at least something decent) in a camera I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Thank you.

* I also just realized i spelled the title wrong. Sorry. *

2. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

go to future shop , and get any canon digital camera , atleast 1.3 megapixels . dont even waste your money on a film camera .

3. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Get a Sony Cybershot P30 for less than 200.

4. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

You are looking for a digital camera right?

5. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

It doesnt really matter , digital or not. Any advice is appreciated.

6. B_As_In_Bot

B_As_In_Bot Elite Member

just go buy a run of mill 35mm or 50mm manual camera. Try yardsales. Nikon in my opinion is best. A light meter would also help, try to get a camera with a light meter on it. If you go to a camera shop theyll immediatly acknowledge you dont know shit about photography and hustle your ass for some shit you probably dont need..

Dont say I didnt warn you.

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

theres a huge difference between a digital camera and a 'film' cammera. what you're going to be doing with it really dictates which is preferable.
    if you want to get into photography and dark room printing and all that shit, youll want an SLR (single lens reflex, aka 'manual'). you can get older, used ones for much less than 200 bucks that will suit you just fine. i got mine (minolta) for about 150 4 or 5 years ago, and its always served me well. lenses are probably going to be more expensive/important than the body of the camera.
    if you just want to take pictures of all sorts of random shit that you come across, i would highly suggest a digital. its a million times cheaper. figure a roll of film costs about 2-3 dollars. to get that developed is atleast 7 or 8. so thats 1o bucks everytime you take 24 pictures. that shit adds up like whoa.
    so yeah, im babbling... id go with a digital. get something with atleast 1.3 megapixels, and if you can afford it, i would go with 2.+ spending an extra hundred bucks now will save you from having to buy a new camera in two years and undoubtedly make you a happier camper.

so yeah, thats all.
    im watching meg ryan on tv, shes fucking hot.

8. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

weird... I've been watching that too and thinking the same thing...