High FIVE.

griffin your face

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im so tired of sein people jock this guy, his shit is str8 butt ugly,

and the worst part is, all the new jacks who come out after him who dont wanna take time to learn their handstyles and a good throw up latch onto people like this and give him maad props. cuz thats the easy way out to gettin fame, and they one day hope to get recognition for doin the bare minimum. the quality of the overall graff scene suffers

ive been in this game for alot of years and ive seen people come and go, and it does bother me to see someone who does such ugly shit get credit, it used to be you had to draw in books before you even botherd doin a piece on a wall or it would get criticized immensly or just str8 up gone over without any second thought.

the quality of style gets worse with every toy who gets the balls to go across country to bomb. (dont get me wrong hes put in the time on the streets,as hidious as his made up tags are ...... ) his type is too caught up in the quantity aspect and not enought effort in the quality aspect.

i know alot of the "mid westerner" type are gonna claw to death at me for this, but ive had previous conversations with people on this guy already, same conversation witha fellow nyc native and a "midwesterner" and i was amazed at how the new yorker was repulsed by his stuff , but the midwesterner was like " yo dude, he is sooo dope maan"

i really dont care about anyone elses opinion on this topic, because i have come to my own conclusion, people who grew up seing only nyc classical "soul" and style and redderick and exacution , see someone like this as a half stepper.

to further try to get my point acrossed, i will now give some good examples of people who are not from nyc,but obviosly pay attention to how throwps are dne etc, stemming all the way back to the floater days on the bmt' and irt's but got there style up to par, and definately worth the honorable mention .

SCREW'S simple styles as seen on the new update to paint my face . he definatel ha a strong nyc feel to his suff, although i wouldnt say that about his "old" tag , for those who know what im talking about, please do not blow spots on this forum.

ADEK from sf, has a strong nyc feel, athough im gonna break alot of you guys hearts with this, this guy is a one hundred percent str8 up biter off of brooklyn's "ader" from his tags to his throwies to his str8 letters. sorry guys, i had to school some of you, i cant help it, i saw alot of people drooling about this guy a few weeks back.

"KERSE" has a strangly wierd nyc feel in his "k's etc etc ,and his boy skerts tags, look new yorkish.

"grey has a out of place in sf look, which is strongy reminiscent of ny style in a good way, kudos to this guy, even though i heard hes gassed in the head.

thats all i can think of off the head for now, the floor is open for discussion.

Guest BROWNer

when i clicked this thread i thought, hmm, i haven't seen too much

five stuff, but from what i have seen, which isn't much at all, i think i like five stuff.................then i scrolled down and saw that rip nace thing..............................

YOU CAN NOT FUCK WITH FIVE.

to start with i have to say that i fully agree with the part about kids who follow this guy. but you can not fuck with the man himself.

he has got his own shit thats totally different, but he has paid his dues and he GETS OVER LIKE NONE OTHER.

his shit is inventive. when he paints, he paints what he wants to like in that blue billboard where his V turns into a hand with a can of paint that sprays the hollow part of the E. GENIOUS!!

i understand if its not your thing, but you can not say he's a toy.

yeah its ugly. thats the point. if you live around it you come to appreciate it for its uglyness, inventiveness, placement and balliness.

you have to know that that white and purple roller over the billboard is a spot where a cop rolls by every 2 and a half minutes. a lot of spots he appearantly levitates to paint.

what he does, he knows how to do from years and years of experience. when people try to bite his shit, it is painfully obvious. he has taught me a lot about breaking rules, and you can get ideas from looking at his shit, but if you try to do his style with your own word, especially if you are new, it just won't work.

i parallel him to joker in some ways. he has come up with his own definitive style through years of evolution, and when people bite it, it sucks cause they don't understand whats behind it.

Guest Mr. Rack

Ironman, why are you gonna make the floor open for discussion if you are already opinionated enough not to listen to any of it?

you obviously hate five's shit.

Guest Good Morning Captain

Dont pay these part time haters like "IRONMAN" any mind. Their all the same. They try pullin established writters cards on the internet because they are jealous nobody will pay them the same compliments.

Guest THEBLACKESTWHITEGUY
Originally posted by Nic Thamaire

The black tag on top is nice style,, (WAE???)

THE BLACK TAG ON TOP DONT SAY (WAE) IT SAYS VIZIE AND OKAE

Originally posted by IRONMAN

im so tired of sein people jock this guy, his shit is str8 butt ugly,

and the worst part is, all the new jacks who come out after him who dont wanna take time to learn their handstyles and a good throw up latch onto people like this and give him maad props. cuz thats the easy way out to gettin fame, and they one day hope to get recognition for doin the bare minimum. the quality of the overall graff scene suffers

ive been in this game for alot of years and ive seen people come and go, and it does bother me to see someone who does such ugly shit get credit, it used to be you had to draw in books before you even botherd doin a piece on a wall or it would get criticized immensly or just str8 up gone over without any second thought.

the quality of style gets worse with every toy who gets the balls to go across country to bomb. (dont get me wrong hes put in the time on the streets,as hidious as his made up tags are ...... ) his type is too caught up in the quantity aspect and not enought effort in the quality aspect.

i know alot of the "mid westerner" type are gonna claw to death at me for this, but ive had previous conversations with people on this guy already, same conversation witha fellow nyc native and a "midwesterner" and i was amazed at how the new yorker was repulsed by his stuff , but the midwesterner was like " yo dude, he is sooo dope maan"

i really dont care about anyone elses opinion on this topic, because i have come to my own conclusion, people who grew up seing only nyc classical "soul" and style and redderick and exacution , see someone like this as a half stepper.

to further try to get my point acrossed, i will now give some good examples of people who are not from nyc,but obviosly pay attention to how throwps are dne etc, stemming all the way back to the floater days on the bmt' and irt's but got there style up to par, and definately worth the honorable mention .

SCREW'S simple styles as seen on the new update to paint my face . he definatel ha a strong nyc feel to his suff, although i wouldnt say that about his "old" tag , for those who know what im talking about, please do not blow spots on this forum.

ADEK from sf, has a strong nyc feel, athough im gonna break alot of you guys hearts with this, this guy is a one hundred percent str8 up biter off of brooklyn's "ader" from his tags to his throwies to his str8 letters. sorry guys, i had to school some of you, i cant help it, i saw alot of people drooling about this guy a few weeks back.

"KERSE" has a strangly wierd nyc feel in his "k's etc etc ,and his boy skerts tags, look new yorkish.

"grey has a out of place in sf look, which is strongy reminiscent of ny style in a good way, kudos to this guy, even though i heard hes gassed in the head.

thats all i can think of off the head for now, the floor is open for discussion.

so basicly you want everyone to have a little new york influences..weather it influenced them or not..

UGLY, SORRY BOYS

AND I NEVER SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE TOWARDS HIS AMOUNT OF PAINTING ITS HIS STYLE I DONT LIKE., AND SOME OF YOU GUYS HAVE GOOD POINTERS TOWARDS SHOWING YOUR FEELINGS IN A CREDIBLE MANNER , UNLIKE A FEW. FOR THOSE, CAN GO AWAY AND WATCH BLUES CLUES.

Originally posted by Fran Sparkington

skert tags are straight frisco baby....

I can vouch for that, Ive watched this guy alot over the years and he has fully paid his dues with interest, those tags have deep "frisco bushopper" roots. Anybody from SF or who knows the history of SF knows what Im talking about. Skert does respect NY alot and was out there and did damage on more than one occasion, but thats not where his tags come from.

Five, on the other hand, I just dont like it. Im more of a classic graff kinda guy. Sorry for having an opinion.

Archived