hey- who knows this song?

SHUTMDOWN

It's on a new HBO commercial, and I think it goes like "yeah yeah yeah yeah" or something. If you've seen the commercial and you listen to that type of music, you probably know what I'm talking about. If not, try your best to say something witty, like its Kris Kross, or Usher, or its a recording of your grandmother giving you a colonic, or you cant remember because Trogdor the Burninator ate your TV. Info on the song and band is appreciated, thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude, you're jokin right, because that would be cheeseball. I might be getting the words wrong so excuse my ignorance and lack of short term memory, but its on a comrecial that starts out with a shot of Trinity from the Matrix and has scenes from a bunch of movies edited to the music.

YES! That song..... I heard it on an HBO commercial type thing and it was reeaaly good, I woke up to the video for it this morning on Fuse, it was good, Theyre called The Van "somethings" (kinda like if they were the Van Helsings, but not) I couldn't read the last word of the band name cuz fuse prints it tiny as shit in white on a white background, completely unreadable but it made me want to go to the record store and buy it. To top it off Im flipping through MTV and a goddamned Modest Mouse video comes on. good way to wake up.

Checked out that website, diggin all of those songs. So somebody told me that The White Stripes kinda brought those guys up, and then Jack White kicked the singer from the Von Bondies ass. Jack gets Pimp Points for theat one. I checked it out on the web:

Jack White Brawls With Fellow Garage Rocker At Detroit Club

12.15.2003 4:04 PM EST

The White Stripes' Jack White

Photo: Steve Tackeff/Wire Image

It looks like Jack White's broken finger has healed at least well enough to throw punches at other garage rockers.

The White Stripes frontman was involved in a brawl with Von Bondies singer/guitarist Jason Stollsteimer Saturday night in Detroit's Magic Stick club, according to police reports.

Stollsteimer, who suffered a bloody nose and bruising to his right eye, was treated at Detroit Receiving Hospital and released. White sustained cuts to his left hand.

The Von Bondies singer told police that White had tried to speak with him in the club, which was hosting a record release party for alt-country rockers Blanche, and that when he refused, the Stripes frontman angrily threw him to the ground and punched him seven times in his right eye.

A press statement from the Von Bondies' management claims "Stollsteimer was violently attacked by Jack White of the White Stripes without warning or provocation." It continues: "White approached Stollsteimer during the concert, physically forcing him against the speakers, and began shouting. Stollsteimer attempted to turn his head [to] face White but refused to engage in conversation. Visibly angered by Stollsteimer's unwillingness to argue or fight, White spat into Stollsteimer's face and punched him in the head and face repeatedly. White then forced Stollsteimer to the ground and continued his attack until White was restrained by several crowd members."

The Von Bondies singer filed a complaint against White, who may be hit with misdemeanor assault charges. White later filed his own complaint, insisting he fought back in self-defense after Stollsteimer threw him to the floor and began choking him. White's publicist had no comment.

White played a major role in kick-starting the Von Bondies' career, including them on the Sympathetic Sounds of Detroit album he produced in 2001, inviting them to open for the White Stripes, and producing their 2001 record, Lack of Communication.

Previous reports of a bitter feud between White and Stollsteimer had been denied by the Von Bondies singer.

—Jon Wiederhorn

For more on The White Stripes and The Von Bondies, check out the MTV News Archive

Archived