hey little sucks this is the hardcore thread

idontwantnopigeons

hi, iv seen alot of good hardcore bands mentioned. lets use this thread to talk about hardcore bands, good shows weve been too anything like that. yay.

to start ill talk about a good band named Portrait..oh god they are good good good. from atlanta if you dont know. good hardcore with a viola so it comes of sounding pretty emotional yet hard hard, not really in the whole emocore, emoviolence relm though. i would suggest getting hte disco cd. i have the 10in and 7in too but the disco cd has a bonus song. i saw them one time in atlanta, sooo good. i drove 6 hours, watched them play then drove 6 hours home to go to school like 2 hours after i got home. they played with zegota and catharsis, both are good bands but not really anything i listen to that much. so yea if you havent heard portrait get that shit.

lets have a fun hardcore thread here kids. right on...even though at the moment im listening to some sister hazel - your winter. good song, only good sister hazel song besides champagne high, the rest is cheese ball...word

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i work with these guys that are in a band called"DOWN ON HALEY" they told me they were going to try to play at the warp tour in AZ...

i have never heard them play but they do seem enthusiastic about thier whole band..they say i should come to one of thier practices and one of thier shows..they're supposed to be playing punk...but have never heard anything..i drew them a doll like screaming thing and refuse to give it to them til i hear something....and i'll get to some i know about later..

I remember when I was a kidski, I went to see Lords of the New Church, not really a hardcore band, but I went to check them out at Jimmy's in New Orleans, it was a GREAT show... when I got home I found out D. Boone had died in a car wreck earlier that day, he was a friend of a friend, was a real bummer... I also remember 'where I was' when I heard Hillel Slovak was dead...plus Scott La Rock and Subroc... hardcore what?

------------------

2 Can Sam

Oh, you said fun...

89, Mobile, Alabama, Four Strong Winds coffee house, Fugazi, $5, 30 people near the stage, no more that 50 all around... talked w/ Ian about the Ag. Front show in P'cola a couple years earlier, at the Handlebar... Agnostic Front opened for GBH, was kick ass, GBH is up on my list of faves, british '76, that's what I dig... anyway, I also liked alot of the Cali output of the 80's... but I basically dissed the whole medium around the time that Rancid was written on every kids leather... I guess '92

------------------

2 Can Sam

Originally posted by Smart:

... when I got home I found out D. Boone had died in a car wreck earlier that day, he was a friend of a friend, was a real bummer...

wow....that was a good while ago, total bummer for sure. minutemen were sweet. i haven't listened to them for awhile.....they used to give me shivers....

jesus christ! catharsis, zegota, and portrait! how come i never get to see shows like that? oh wait. i did see catharsis, zegota, kill the man, and black hand in dc one night. sooooooo good! i missed so many shows in philly though (the undying!!!). i was supposed to be back up there in mid-may and got stuck in nashville where i missed a no parade / from ashes rise show because of a stupid girl. argh. but i've seen them tons anyway.

Originally posted by PIRone716:

is From Ashes Rise still around ? when they played up here,their bass player had quit right before the left for tour,so they played all the shows without him,fuck they still killed...

yeah man. they're still around. not for long though. i think their doing a final tour in august or some time. brad and dave are moving and jon and ryan are staying, so they're breaking up. oh. no parade will of course split up too. yeah the bass player quit and then ryan from burned up bled dry moved here and started playing for them. deathreat will still be around though so dont worry =)

that summer was the best fucking from ashes played here,burned up bled dry played here,stayed at my house,went to toronto with them the next night,fucking the master of dankcore NO LESS fucking killed,they cam with deadbodies who were ok,shit dropdead twice,monster x final show,what a great summer that was.there were moe show i just can't think of right now...

------------------

your ghetto if you pee in the shower...

from ashes rise....a few months ago, my friends living room maybe 40 people squeezed as hell.everyone was dancing so good. when it came time to scream some "WELL ALLLLLLLLLL ROT TOGETHERRRRRRRR" oh god that good. everyone just went for the mic like 15 kids all trying to scream into the mic and everyone fell forward. the mic got lost for a second. oh was that a damn fun show....

deaththreat played not to long ago...i didnt go though, i had tv or something, they arnt that good. i also saw tragedy in philly with off minor, eulcid, rambo...who was fun to dance to but not my favorite musically, and crucial unit i think, they were pretty good....oh yea cave in played too but fuck them i read books through their set..

Pir. From Ashes Rise were supposed to play toronto earlier this year. it was the last day of their tour with Born Dead Icons..they cancelled..it sucked.

I saw Tragedy in buffalo, and burnt my face off when my band played toronto with them.

They Live/No Time Left summer tour.. mid august. check yourself. brutal buffalo fastcore.

as much as i diss youth crew i have to say one of the best shows (all around) was Time Flies, Bane and Ten Yard Fight. it was a good fun apmosphere and oh so XposiX (hahha). other great shows, a halloween show with a misfits cover band and Facade Burned Black...Orchid...No Justice (i was surprised i lived through that, meanwhile some kid got his head cracked with a cymbil.....if you didnt catch those guys you missed out on some crazy ass shows)....Underdog....Catharsis....uuuummmmm many more.....man, fun times......

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

yeah from ashes flipped their van and lost all their money.. thats why they cancelled. ooooooo born dead icons. so good. AND WE ALL ROT TOGETHER! I DONT THINK SO! NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!!!! from ashes sing alongs rule. tragedy fucking rocks the house though. argh. cave in sucks balls now. bane is the worst band ever. danklordz what band are you in? idontwantnopigeons are you from philly? i live in philly and nashville.

boogie hands, where was that orchid facade show at..was that the chased by bees tour. i saw that in wilmington, orchid jeromes dream and facade burned black..that was good good stuff.

science something, no i live in north carolina..i just went to philly for something to do and the played.

did anyone catch the orchid lighting bolt mini east coast tour...oh they played wilmington it was so good....orchid played in the living room while lightning bolt set up in the kitchen kind of...as soon as orchid finished lightningbolt started so there was no empty time between the 2 bands. all the rocking out had to shift, so all the people in that back during orchid that didnt wanna be knocked over got knocked over anyways when everyone went to the kitchen for lighting bolt. that was good, the drummer kept standing on the drum set like he was going to jump in the crowd, i jumped on everyone from this stool and lost both shoes, also during orchid i got a bloody lip when i caught a foot to the face.....gotta love that...so good.

[This message has been edited by idontwantnopigeons (edited 06-14-2001).]

god orchid is so good. lightning bolt too. never seen them play though. there's something about a contraption that he sings through? some type of mask? i think eulogy tries to rip it off or something. regardless, i was not in philly when they came through. i missed so many shows this month. aaaaaaaaaah

boogie: no justice put on one of teh best shows out of any hardcore band ive ever seen, timmmy the singer would risk bodily harm doing the shit he did. right now american nightmare is fuckin lighting the whole scene on fire, theyre shows are fun but i cant say their sound live is anythign worth discussing, on record is a different story. honestly i love hardcore but ive been into it for a long time and its hard to find bands that give me that feeling i used to get..its a shame actually.

since we're on the topic of hardcore,i've been listening to fucking despair non-stop now for like fucking 4 days straight.i miss them,i remeber their first show many many inbetween and than their last..only to wathc them become buried alive who blew...oh thoses were the days..love the hometown boys...

------------------

Originally posted by idontwantnopigeons:

..was that the chased by bees tour. i saw that in wilmington, orchid jeromes dream and facade burned black..that was good good stuff

[This message has been edited by idontwantnopigeons (edited 06-14-2001).]

no it wasnt dammit.....i wish i could have caught that.....no, when i saw facade it was 4 or 5 years ago and unfourtunatly i havent seen them since.....i caught orchid and jeromes dream a while back too...right as they released "chaos is me".....all 3 bands are definatly on my to see list. fuck.....while were on the topic of missing shows i will NOT be attending the converge show on saturday due to work.......FUCK!!!! and on the subject of converge and great shows i failed to mention Jesuit.....damn im glad i saw them when they were around.....

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

is From Ashes Rise still around ? when they played up here,their bass player had quit right before the left for tour,so they played all the shows without him,fuck they still killed...

------------------

[This message has been edited by PIRone716 (edited 06-14-2001).]

about the title of the thread, it was supposed to be..hey little suckas, from this song but oh well who cares....anyways

has anyone seen Tion. they are the infamous Bathroom band from more then music fest and at wilkes fest they jumpedout the van and set up at the door and played. they like to just jump on shows. they are good. their was like a 8 man dog pile on the singer when i saw them in greenville nc. that was good....

also at the show mile marker and monochrome played. that was fun

Guest PissyMissyStylezPMS

Damn Left For Dead were fuckin sick as hell. I'm upset I never got to see them. I did catch From Ashes Rise once though. They were pretty good live. Nothing extraordinary. Kind of like seeing His Hero Is Gone. Same slowed down grumpy pissed hardcore. I enjoyed seeing Tragedy the most. It just seemed like it was His Hero Is Gone, but improved in a sense. Kind of matured, if you will.

Originally posted by PissyMissyStylezPMS:

Damn Left For Dead were fuckin sick as hell. I'm upset I never got to see them. I did catch From Ashes Rise once though. They were pretty good live. Nothing extraordinary. Kind of like seeing His Hero Is Gone. Same slowed down grumpy pissed hardcore. I enjoyed seeing Tragedy the most. It just seemed like it was His Hero Is Gone, but improved in a sense. Kind of matured, if you will.

eh i dont know. they all have tiny differences but are kind of the same band (including having the same members.) but id say i like deathreat best out of that group of bands. anyone have the deathreat/D.S.B split??? brad gave away his last one before i could ask =(

Archived