hey hey im in vietnam now

Guest wakassOATH

Guest wakassOATH

wel i left korea and now im in ho chi mahn city.. its real hot here hope you 12oz fukers are having a nice winter

hehe ill post more shit when i get the time

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest wakassOATH

yea well i arrived 2 nights ago.. i was expecting alot more husslers and touts but well. i went to india when i was 12 so these guys were nothing to me..

Im staying at a 10$ u.s a night place. i was expecting to stay at some real shit hole of a place but... the price is right.. my mom, dad, and i can live here easly for 50$us .. its acually hard to spend that much

hehe first night, i waked around my area.. first thing i hear "hey my friend.. would you like some marajahan? how about some young girls?..very fresh .. come with me my friend"

anyway today i went to the vietnam war musime it was pretty fuked up.. im pretty numb to the stuff.. but seeing acual deformed babys in jars of formaldihide(sp?) kinda shocked me... anyway i picked one of the jars up to examine it ..and almost droped the thing (that would have made a real shitty mess on the floor)--- oh and when i say deformed i mean babys born with like 2 heads, and mouths and noses on the back of their heads.. i saw the usual pics of u.s troops torturing the commies (dragging women and children for miles from a tank) and some other crazy shit

anyway ive got things better to do than chill on 12oz...

ill keep you guys posted

any questions?

anyway its fuking hot as shit here

yeah man, 10 is running on the expensive side even. you could get cheaper than that and still say real nicely. i had a penthouse with a whole roof to myself for 8.

they got the kids selling gum down there? they're everywhere in the north. instead of a welfare system they just give orphaned kids boxes of wrigleys and an id card, and then they just stand in the street an try talking tourists into buying the shit.

your making me jealous man.

and no, touts arent nearly as bad there cause its not quite as poor, and if it is, its poor in a different sort of way. people are waaaayyy more easy going. they ask you once, if at all, and they leave you alone after 'no thank you' or whatever the vietnamese word is that i should remember but cant.

bedtime for me

Guest wakassOATH

well im back tryin yo escape the heat. these computers here are as slow as shit but like 75cents a hour so i couldent give a fuck

anyway .. yea seeking 10 $ pretty top end but im kinda in the touristy-section in ho chi mahn city (saigon) so places are a little more expensive.

the people here are real friendly i was reallllllly expecing to get bothered and hassled non stop every 2 seconds but no. they just ask you if you would like a toc-toc (bysicle taxi) or some other shit and they stop after you say "thank you not interested"..

well in my hood, the kids arnt selling to much gum, but its post cards and plain begging.. you gotta watch them.. cause alot of them are expert pick-pockets so when they follow you around.. my thing is just to put my hands in my pocket, and stare at the pavement..

another thing they do, is when yer at a cafe and you big ass meal comes.. they will walk in and put their hands out and stare at you waiting money and food..

hey seeking when you were here did you have PHO?? that shit is amazing.. fuk before i left i went to a vietnamese restrant in montreal ( run by vietnamese ppl) and ..well it really sucked .. but when i got here.. damn i stuff my self like 5 times a day fuking food is AMAZING

regulator: i said i didnt want anything from him cause A: i dont smoke weed.. and sometimes the dealers will drop a dime on yer ass to the cops (and get a reward= even more $ for them) when the cops come its either a big bribe or 6months-till you die .. in prison (a vietnamises prison isnt too friendly) and in some cases you get the death penality (yes.. for drugs)

as for the girls.. im not into fresh 12 year olds, or any whore (the aids rates with asian hookers would blow you away) and ive heard the condoms here work as well as their ozone layer.

and tt.. i wont have time for a realation ship cause ill opnly be in saigon for 3 more days.. they im going to the beaches for 2 weeks.. then back to siagon for a few days .. they a flight to bangkok(thialand)

anyway.. uhh if i got nothing to do tonight.. ill be on here with more adventures and info

piece for now

Guest wakassOATH

yea well its not that hard... my dad is a teacher back home. and he takes these subatical things meaning he werks for 3 years at 75% of his pay.. and on the forth year he gets it toally off.. w/ 75% of his salery

so he decided that he wanted to save all of this years $$ .. and he also likes to travel .. but we didnt have enuf cash to travel long term

so my mom and my dad decided to teach in south korea (while his pay at home is adding up) anyway so they worked in korea for 6 months.. we got free living space transport all that shit and with that .. its real easy to SAVE money.. so after 6 months we had enuf money to travel around asais and europ for 4 months and plus i got to live in korea for a half year.. witch was pretty chill

in 98 we took a 2 month trip to india and did the whole country and also went to nepal and france for a few weeks

this trip will be korea>vietnam>thailand>greece>nyc> home

Guest wakassOATH

tess.. umm imma be there for about 2 weeks (athens) and im trying to hookk up woith some writers there to show me the ropes.. but no luck

do you have any leads?

yeah, they had the post cards too...

no pho. im vegetarian, so i just had alot of green beans, tofu and rice. for some reason everywhere i went thats what people gave me. i had some bomb ass soup too.

whole meals for under a dollar... so sweet. i wanna go back, im jealous.

Guest HESHIANDET

the best shit is in apocalyse now is when the crazy surfer guy was on the beach looking at the waves and the shell went off next to him. he didn't even flinch, i laugh my ass off at that part. meanwhile my dads in the cut on the verge of tears and has constant nightmares and the worst temper you've ever seen. sweet huh.

Guest wakassOATH

serium.. are you teaching english to kids in asia?

god damn man i tought 2 classes a week for 100$ (for 140 mins) fuk it was so boring .. i used to read some shitty book for 10 mins and play hangman for 40mins god at the end i wanted to hang my self (no pun)

uhh theres a bunch of games they know about ..eye spy.. hangman.. the majic bag and others.. the trick is giving the kids candy as rewards (well if you have been in the class more then 5 mins you already know that)

90% of the kids in korea need a duoble dose of ridlein

Guest wakassOATH

well i only taught 4 classes cause i got the job right before i left

thing is.. your employer usualy gives you these little bull shit lesson plans that fill up about 5 min of the class and the rest is up to you

and another thing.. these kids go to skool for like 10 hours a day .. they go to the regular skool and then they got to "hagwans" witch are school based on one subject so one day they go to normal skool. then a science hagwan, a english hagwan.. a math hagwon and a bunch of others

elementary and high skool is reallllly fukin hard and its prety much impossable to understand it all so all the kids just memorize everything!

example.. if you ask a korean kid how his day is he will probably say "Alex teacher, im having a great day" when in fact his mom died and he got beat up or something

or if you ask them what their favoirt sport is they would say something like "alex teacher, i really love playing hockey" when in reality the kid has never seen a pair of skates

one time at my parents school they had the parents in.. and the korean english teachers have to werk all hard to plan everything out with the kids.. and when i me plan.. everything was planned!

so with the parents in the room the foriegn teachers ask questions to the kids but the kids and theteachers know what question is gonna be asked and what kid is gonna give the answer.

so anyway my dad .. not paying attention asked a kid what his favoirt fruit was.. and the kid was expeting to be asked what his favoirt sport was

anyway of coarse it was .. "jon.. whats your favoirt fruit"

"teacher, that would be baseball"

so alot of it is plain b.s .. i really didnt give a fuck cause i was getting payed over 50$ a hour

yes japanese kids go to school so much its unbelievable they put up with it.....i go to school from 8-2:30 and im still tired and pissed...japanese kids go to school from morning to late afternoon, then after that go to another school like an extra math program or a cram course....i know this girl that has school from like 8am-10pm because shes in a college cram course...HOW THE HELL!!

Archived