Herniated disc treatment? Anyone? Anyone?

GamblersGrin

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I cant believe you'd go to webmd. That website should be taken down because it either over exaggerates shit or gives people the wrong info, which in turn freaks you out.

A lot of times for herniated disc treatments theyll just shave off the bulging part of the nucleus.(the part that's stickin out), OR they try to smush it back in and put pins in that area to hold it in, which i hear is just as painful. The shaving part is sometimes a temporary fix and it can rebulge, but worse.

From what my chiropractor tells me, sometimes you're better off just leaving it be. yea, it's painful.. :( but the doctors cant fix everything.

Try to see a massage therapist if it's not an acute injury. They can relieve some pressure off of that disc, which is also just a temp. fix.

Damned if you do and damned if you dont. Sorry homie.

no, i didnt go to webmd. this is the same as going there. one of my best friends is a chiro and let me know whats up but i wanted to see if other people had any treatments for this, bc i know there are many different ways to go.

what you said though is what ive learned from him pretty much, sometimes chiro works, sometimes it dont, he said to try physical therapy and theyll give me pain meds.

getting older...

I did'nt read any of the above posts so i dont what they had to say.. I have a herniated disc in back (lower back, i forget the veterdae) and i went to physical therapy so i would be in shape for lacrosse season and it helped a lot. It's a bitch to go twice, or three times a week and you don't need to go that much when you learn the excersizes that help. it's all about building the muscles around the spine to you don't put so much pressure on it. If you want i cant try to explain the excersizes to you but i doubt i'll do explain them well... whatever physical therapy wont hurt.

*edit- i forgot to say that my doctor said it would notget worse physically, so if i could play lacrosse and stand the pain then it's all good. i dont know about two discs but i assume it wont get worse physically, but you gotta live with the pain. which is annoying.

DUDE............ you're in for some pain.

My best advice is to get it TAKEN CARE OF ASAP!!!! My dad had a herniated disc that was pinching a nerve that ran through his leg and he couldnt walk.

he tried to deal with the pain for over 6 months until he was compleletly usless and bedridden.

he then went through a very intense neurosurgery on his spine to correct the disc.

he's better now, but the surgery was over 25K. i hope you're insured.

no idea how i did it. i was in a car accident a few years ago but had no pain then and nothing shiwed on mri's then either. i have fallen off a 7 foot fence and 6 foot wall onto my face both times while drunk. maybe from that? i was pushed through a hole in a fence by a drunk friend and was crunched down position when he pushed me. maybe from that? i cant point out one thing though.

thanks for the info everyone.

i got the doc appt later so i can see whats up.