Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Hepatitis C

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Mr. Peanut, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut Elite Member

The story is simple. I was at a party. I got wasted. I hooked up with a random chick. No sex, just making out. Ok. So today I tell a friend of mine about it. He tells me she's a recovering junkie and she's got Hepatitis C. So I'm here, looking up info online, and freaking the fuck out. Now I couldn't find any info that says I could have contracted it this way, but I figured people on here would have experience with this. So any help or info you can give me I'd be thankful.
    Fucking junkies :hatred:

2. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

i really wouldnt worry about it, its a blood transmitted disease, and the only way to get it is through blood or sex and stuff, needles, shit like that, you should be fine, but it never hurts to get checked....

3. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

My boys brother got that shit from needles.

4. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

mr. peanut, are you calling the members of 12oz junkies and whores????

5. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

haha casek.

duder... you made out with a hooker. gross.

6. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

tease: not all hookers are bad. haven't you seen 'prety woman'?

7. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

tease: not all hookers are bad. haven't you seen 'pretty woman'?

8. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

How did I get Hepatitis C?

Most people with hepatitis C contracted it either through a blood transfusion that was contaminated with hepatitis C, or by sharing needles with intravenous drug users that were infected with hepatitis C. Prior to 1990 blood could not be screened for HCV but surrogate tests had been used for the previous several years. These reduced the percentage of HCV contaminated and therefore infectious units of blood from about 7% to 3-4%. Thanks to HCV testing with modern sensitive methods, the risk of acquiring hepatitis C from blood transfusion is less than 1%. The other means of acquiring hepatitis C include health care and laboratory workers that may get stuck with an infected needle or instrument, and people that had tattoos that were performed with poorly sterilized equipment. Infected mothers can pass the virus to the fetus in utero but this occurs less than 1% of the time. It may occur more readily if the mother is also infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS.

I never shot drugs or had a blood transfusion. How did I get hepatitis C?

Cases of hepatitis C with no evidence of exposure through blood transfusions, needle sticks or needle sharing are called "sporadic". How these individuals became infected is unknown.

- The thing is, at least from what ive read unless the girl was bleeding in some way and you managed to get her blood into your system you really dont have anything to worry about. Of the people that ive known who have gotten H.C. it's been thru the use of needles that werent sterilized. Im sure your fine, dont stress yourself out.. give it some time, no sense making yourself sick over something that is VERY UNLIKELY (given the information that u stated).

9. Grimes

Grimes Veteran Member

haha,pretty woman...riight...

10. villain

villain Veteran Member

www.webmd.com

If you are saying you got it from kissing I'm thinking it's that kind of hepatitus you can get from toilet seats and shit. It ain't nothing permanent. It just sucks.
    TOILET SEAT COVERS! KEEP YOUR DICK IN YOUR PANTS! DON"T DO DRUGS, well, SOME DRUGS! AND DEFINITELY DON"T SHARE NEEDLES!

11. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

d. all of the above

12. stuntastic

stuntastic New Jack

my moms has hep c. she and my father continue to have unprotected sex and my dad doesnt have it. and i dont know but i think they still have poke fever.

13. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut Elite Member

Hig Priest: Thanks for the info that helped alot.

Casek:I don't know about the other members of 12oz, but from what I gather, you're a pudding whore.

thanks to everyone else for info too.

14. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

sure would love to know my parents sexual activity....

15. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

they all know.