help...

saraday

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by fermentor666@Mar 14 2005, 11:32 AM

Is AAC a realplayer format? Not really sure, I'm guessing you'd need some proffessional audio software and it would come out sounding like crap anyway.

i'm baffled because i uploaded the cd into itunes which automaticly copies it to mp3 or m4a format.. i've ripped tons of cd's and never had this problem..

i copied this from the real player help section

AAC Audio

Secure AAC

.m4a

.m4p

96 - 320 Kbps Stereo

AAC encoded MPEG-4 audio. Compatible with iTunes and the iPod

real player format is .ra with 32 - 320 Kbps Stereo

this is aggrivating the shit out of me because this one album is the one i REALLY wanted on my ipod above all others..

Originally posted by Jackson@Mar 14 2005, 03:33 PM

Itunes YOu lunkkkkkkkkk

i love itunes but unfortunately my ipod was formatted for a mac, and i'm using a PC at the moment.. i was trying to figure out a way to get my new music onto my ipod WITHOUT reformatting the ipod, thus losing the music i already have....

Originally posted by Jackson@Mar 14 2005, 03:46 PM

Make it so you can see invisible files and have a root around on your ipod, never know what might turn up.

might get a nice root to plonk files in.

Not wholeheartedly suggested tho.

Oh and try http://www.ipodlounge.com . Good luck.

that seems too complicated for me.. i'm hardly computer savvy. i can see the album name and the tracks on my ipod, but when i press play it just goes through all the songs without playing them.

Originally posted by Herbivore@Mar 14 2005, 01:43 PM

search for "convert aac to mp3" in google... it looks like the first result has some info on it, but i can't get to the site while at work.

thank you, thank you, thank you.. i DL'ed the first program on google, and it worked, FINALLY!

you, and all other ipod users, should download a copy of ipod-rip from the following site. its a limited use version but i know the full version is out there somewhere.

basically you can rip all the songs from your ipod onto harddrive with this program where as before you couldnt take shit off it. the reason you might want to do that is for backup purposes or for when you cant get to a mac if youre formatted for mac or vice versa for pc and you dont want to lose all your tunes. its super handy.

http://www.download.com/iPodRip/3000-2182_4-10340474.html

have a good day

i REALLY hate downloading "trial versions" of programs.. i hate getting used to the program then have it not work after 15 days..

i have been wanting iRip for a long time, i suppose i'll pay for it soon when my ipod is full and i have to start "purging" music that i don't listen to as much..

Guest sneak
Originally posted by anonymity1@Mar 15 2005, 01:00 AM

On a different topic, is there anyway to copy peoples shared music on iTunes to my harddrive?

i think i can help here.

ill explain my situation and maybe it will work..

im in a halls of residence for a university. therefore im on a network with 1000 other students. at the beginning of the year i was informed about itunes and how i would be able to go thru the playlists of everyone else who has itunes on their comp. i found i could look through and play their tunes whilst they were online by clicking the "shared music" tab on itunes. i soon wanted to know how to download these tunes from other people to my comp. because i could find no way how.

then i found something called "mytunes" or "mytunesredux" or similar. i know fuck all about this shit, but it allows me to pick which user i want to look thru, and then download to my library what i want in a manner of seconds...

hope this helps