help with my lil' zine.

wiseguy

I'm in the middle of doing a little b/w comic/'zine thing at the moment and im only going to do a really small run of it and test the waters a little bit. I dont have all that much with regards to resources or budget. I'm wondering about how to print a couple of copies yet still retain a fairly decent picture resolution,at the moment im thinking about scanning the pages in and printing out on the computer or photocopying the pages but judging from past experiences i think that the image resolution would come out really bad. Does any one know any good methods on how to produce it and retain the picture quality?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If you can scan the photos, play with the brightness and contrast of the image, and make sure you have the image at a printable resolution (like 300dpi). That's what I do for my zine, and they copy good. You have to think about the limitations of a copy machine, and how to best use it to your advantage.

why does everyone have to print out zines with computer shit? if you're just doing a little black and white piece, you should just print out the articles, draw out the comics.. cut and paste the shit onto whatever size paper you want... then make copies at the library, or school, or wherever you can find a zerox machine... no sense in wasting all that ink.

^^^werd... cut and paste, baby...

also, most copiers, definately newer ones, have a photo option, which gives you very clear copies, although it makes text a little pale... spend enough time tweaking out on the machine, and you should end up with a perfect end result...

Archived