Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Help with dui case!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by overTHEedge, May 19, 2006.

1. overTHEedge

overTHEedge Junior Member

ok, so me and my girl were exchangin words and a cop comes down the street, pulls us aside and i had been drinking. she says i drove my car 2 houses down the street so we could argue down the street. they gave me breathalizor or however you spell it, im only 19, its was .07. legal is .01 but anyways said i was driving so thats how they got me yet me and her were both out the car looking for her glasses i chucked, and she had the keys out of the ignition in her purse...so technically i wasnt driving when we got pulled over. what is the verdict? just say she drove across the street and that she was just hella mad at the arguement? any help 12ozers

2. guerillaeye

guerillaeye Senior Member

if your under age and drinking.. why in the fuck is your girl going to tell a cop you were???

verdict? stupid!

3. john_gacy

john_gacy Banned

No expert on this topic but cops try to get a statement from you no matter what it is and then hold you to it. If that's the statement you guys gave I imagine you would have a hard time convincing a judge otherwise. I once knew someone who was too drunk to drive home so they pulled over on the side of the road and went to sleep to sober up. They weren't driving when the cop stopped them, they were asleep, and they still got a DUI. With your age, if your record is clean you might get community service or something, plus points off your license?

4. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

get yourself a good lawyer. that's the key thing to do in your situation.

5. john_gacy

john_gacy Banned

^ I was thinking that too. Try to be white also, it helps a lot. Sorry guys, but before anyone hates on it, I'm just stating the truth.

6. Dog Chapman

Dog Chapman Dirty Dozen Crew

and a new bitch.. cant believe the hoe didnt have your back

7. overTHEedge

what if she just gave statement saying she was mad and just wanted to fuck me over but regrets it she was just hella mad adn confused?

8. Dog Chapman

Dog Chapman Dirty Dozen Crew

hmm then she may get into trouble for lying, but you could try

9. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

You admitted to driving, case closed.

10. Wreck.One

Wreck.One Member

If you werent driving it would probably be a public intoxication charge... and if you took a breathalizer there would be no way it would be a dui.. it would be a dwi.. my vote is shenanigins.. I don't believe you. either that or you need to give us more info.

11. overTHEedge

thats what happened, but the keys werent out of the car, we and i was in the middle of the street. what the fuck i could still get wet and reckless but still man they didnt see me driving, so how could they give me dui? drunk in public would be better charge in my opinon

12. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

Stab that fucking cunt in the face!!

DO IT!!

13. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

^nope, accoding to the law in most states, even for adults, it is illegal to "drink and drive" even if you're not over the limit. I have met at least 7 people who got DUI with a blood alcohol oh .00... most were pill related but one dude simply admitted to drinking a beer 2 hours before he drove.

The cop asked, "So, you were drinking and then you drove?"
    He answered, "Yes, but it was blah blah..."
    The Judge said the case was over when he said 'yes'

Further, DWI is a much stronger charge than DUI though the distinction rarely matters... for DUI you only need to be under the influence while DWI you have to be legally intoxicated.

14. overTHEedge

i still want to know, if a written statement by her said she lied and that she was driving could the case be dismissed and only get charge with dwi? also what are consequences to a dwi in california?

15. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

No, you have already admitted to driving. DONE.