Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Help wanted: The differences between American regions

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Europe, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Hey boys and girls of Channel Zero.
    Ol' Europe needs some help and input, if any of you could give me some serious thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.

Question goes:

How far are there still differences between the American regoins. (The NorthEast, the South, the MidWest and the West).

Specificly regarding:
    -Religion
    -Race (white, black, asian and hispanic)
    -Abortion
    -Executions

Thanks in advance.

(And yes, its for school :D )

2. MANIK DEK

MANIK DEK Member

well i can tell you how things are out here in the west.....race in the suberban parts of california are immensly growing in the asian races(korean chinese phillipino ect..) there are alot african americans and mexicans in more densly populated areas......it seems that whites are now the minority.............as far as religion it is very diverse. because of all the different ethnic groups and nationalities. i dont think that many people around here believe in the death penalty or things like that and as far as abortion.............the same views are everywhere

3. The only question I got was:
    How far are there still differences between the American regions?
    I know its very wide, still its possible to say some general things about it.

4. I know it varies greatly, thanks.
    Its only a oneline question, thats why I threw in some keypoints, the specific regions, race, religion, abortion and executions.

5. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

north east kicks ass.

thats all you need to know.

6. kido

kido Senior Member

plenty of hard working mexicans abroad

7. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

religion...

the south is baptist, catholic, presbyterian, born-again, a big mix of predominantly christian religions, but there is a jewish presence in florida..it is still referred to, with good reason, as "The Bible-Belt"

this is also where the more 'fundamentalist' and christian-right groups come from..

the rest of the country is more integrated as far as religion goes..
    although there seems to be a lot more atheism in the northeast and the far west (california)

..this dictates abortion opinion as well, although there are prochoice/antiabortion groups in all parts of the country in force..

the south also seems to be more open to execution (again with the 'eye for an eye' fundamentalist view)

executions....
    are not legal in all the states..i'm sure you could easily find breakdowns on which states are bigger than others on execution, i'd bet that the south executes the most (in terms of regional comparison)
    i KNOW texas executes more than any other state, i think florida and virginia are close..
    california though, has hard-core laws about offenders, and they implemented th e3 strikes rule (anyone incurring 3 felonies gets automatic LIFE in prison no parole)

race.

very complicated.
    blacks are all over, although i saw significantly less in the west, specifically colorado (i saw 2 black people in boulder while there for 3 weeks), utah, and northern california..oregon and washigton also had smaller black populations..i'd bet the a lot of the cold ass north doesn't have many blacks..but they do have bigger native american populations..
    mexicans have emigrated everywhere in search of jobs.

my city, on the eastern seaboard, is predominantly black
    (i think there are only a few cities like this, washington d.c. is another, new orleans may be one as well, not sure about detroit) there is a big mexican/central american population here as well..

asians are also everywhere.
    they are running liquor stores in the worst ghettos, running labs in the best schools..there are 'chinatowns' and 'little koreas' and the like in many, many american cities..i dunno about the midwest, although there may be a decent size asian population partly due to how they were rounded up and shipped there to live in vitual concentraion camps during wwII

there is a huge asian population in the west, as well as the northeast..

i'm sure there are census data statistics directly adressing [some or all of] your questions with actual numbers..

there are no places i've been where i haven't seen any mexicans.

i would say there are still some differences.

the midwest...still 'america's heartland' although it is being ravaged by methamphetamines, mostly white christian, some conservative, but still a decent mix of political opinions..not a lot of fundamentalism or extremism, in politics or race..

the south..definitely the most polarized..still has residual racial tension, still busy hating, on gays, on blacks, on jews..but getting more modernized slowly but surely..racially integrated as far as white/black, but relations aren't always good...more executions, anti-abortion is big there..the most distinct, especially counting TEXAS, the most distinctive state...which has big black, white and hispanic populatins, and is plagues by problems..

the east...very integrated, very educated..massachusetts and maryland have some of the highest rates of higher education, more liberal than [all?] other areas of the country, very integrated, with races mixing a lot, big pro-choice base here, religin has suffered in some parts of this area..catholicism especially...th epopulation here is progressive..

the west....
    break down into
    the northwest...has money, still mostly white, pretty clean, somewhat conservative, religion is here but not a dominant presence..

california..racially mixed, politically all over the place..the state is having huge problems and needs a good leader..it has a distinct 'vibe'

the southwest..lots of racial mix, especially mexican, haven't known of a huge religious presence here, but i'm sure it exists, native american populations..arizona has a very liberal governor, i don't know that religion is huge there..

it's a melting pot.
    the flavors are dulling because of chain everything..
    the clothes i see in california stores are the same as what i can buy in new york.
    the restaurants are the same, even if it's isn't fast food
    all the networks are nationwide, even accents are starting to dissappear..
    people have moved so much, you could go to any place and find an exception to what i wrote..
    there used to be huge differences, and one can stillsense it, but it's not as cut and dry anymore.

8. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

excuse me, i was dead serious.

9. J.HollaBack

J.HollaBack Junior Member

TEXAS- SOUTHERN REGION

RACE- Racism will always exist, that's a given. Interacial dating has picked up bigtime here, and is becoming less and less inmportant to people i think. As far as different races getting along is concerned, it's fairly good, except for locally there has been a lot of police brutality towards minorities (a few questionable deaths and what not) howver, teens here seem to be fine with interacting with one another for the most part. At my highschool there was over 65 different nationalities there at the time i went, and the diversity was awesome. I'd say that Asians here or the most secluded people, they seem to stick to themselves the most out of anyone.

RELIGION- we got it all here, mainly catholic, bapist, and whatever the other 3rd main one would be... but we got them all i'm sure.

ABORTION- like anywhere else, im sure it's split down the middle with this as well. Some for it and some against it, personally i think it should be a women's choice, and legal if she decides to do it, but it shouldn't be a form of birth control.

EXECUTIONS- People are highly FOR the death penalty here more than they are against it I would think. I believe in it, and think that it's necessary in most cases, especially on certain crimes where the criminal was proven guilty and you know for sure it was him/her.

10. metallix

metallix Elite Member

Hey EUROPE

why dont you get the data you need straight up from the THE AMERICAN GOV'T?

http://www.census.gov

Forget these people and their inputs!!

11. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

oh yeah...

jewish areas are bigger in the northeast, california, and florida.

muslims are everywher, but in smaller numbers.
    in prison polpulations, in black populations and in the inner cities, islam is getting bigger..

christianity, in its many many forms, is still the predominant religion

there's some pagan bitches in cali hahahhaha..

and again with the native americans...they have their own thing, and they try to keep it alive..
    unfortunately, some have gone the way of conversion. :eek:
    (my best friend is native american, she laments this too...)

yo cilone. thanks man.

12. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

fuck that shit, go to www.whatreallyhappened.com for the real data.

13. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

canada maybe?

I know you know about my spot. (and the schools)

14. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

COWBOYS AND INDIANS!

15. destroya

destroya Senior Member