Help The Insomniacs!

Sickboy

Sometimes insomnia can be cool when you want o be constructive with no distractions. Insomnia can also be a pain in the arse. This whole week I made important plans which require an early start on the day. But I always find myself not able to get to sleep until about 6:00 am which makes my waking time at about 3 or 4 pm. Plans are ruined. Anybody got any remedies, tips, knolededge of what foods or drinks can make you tired.(common household drinks and food im hoping). I want to go to sleep maybe in the next hour or hour and a half. Help me.

http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~socs169/comm/ian_t.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by iloveboxcars

when ever i have an early morning meeting i usually just drink some nyquil. stuff is disgusting.. especially in large quantities. but it works.

i suggest 1/4 or 1/2 a bottle.

It'll have to do.

in order to get back into a regular sleeping pattern you need to break the one you've already created for yourself. what usually works for me is staying up past 24 hours. like this, you get up at 3 or 4 today, now stay up until 6 or 7 tomorrow night. by that point you should be tired as fuck and going to sleep shouldn't be a problem.

as far as anything else that you could take to make yourself tired, sorry, i don't know.

if yer a normal sized guy then a double dose of nyquil can help... or a couple beers...

however if yer really serious about it (and don;t wanna go the drugs and booze route) get at my email vinyljunkie@graffiti.net and i could try to help you out... i've been diagnosed with 2 sleeping disorders and i was first diagnosed 13 years ago, so i have some experience in the matter...

Originally posted by Sickboy

24 hours of being awake usually doesn't make me tired. I can stay up for 48 hours and still go on a fucking 5 hours bike ride if I wanted to. Shits cool but sucks.

i hear you, and yea it does suck. but the point that i was trying to make is that, try to make yourself tired to the point that falling asleep isn't a problem. if you actually suffer from insomnia you might want to see if you can get some medication. i dunno..

No matter what time I goto sleep I'll end up just sleeping really late and then the next night I wont be able to sleep. I tried to do the stay awake 24 hours thing but it didnt work. I went to bed around 8:30 at night and thought I would be up early the next morning but I slept until 9 o'clock the next night. I dunno oh well fuckit.

Originally posted by Sickboy

Sometimes insomnia can be cool when you want o be constructive with no distractions. Insomnia can also be a pain in the arse. This whole week I made important plans which require an early start on the day. But I always find myself not able to get to sleep until about 6:00 am which makes my waking time at about 3 or 4 pm. Plans are ruined. Anybody got any remedies, tips, knolededge of what foods or drinks can make you tired.(common household drinks and food im hoping). I want to go to sleep maybe in the next hour or hour and a half. Help me.

if u go to sleep at 6 set ur alarm at 12 and get tha fuck up tahen u will sleep earlier and be able to get up earlier

and yeah i hate ur photo thats why that is not shown in the quote bitch.

Archived