help seeking be smarter

seeking

i need something to read... any suggestions?

im a fan of political (although not really conspiracy voodoo and aliens, illuminati) shit...

stories that parallel biblical tales are good...

things that teach you some sort of lesson.... kind of like masters of the universe...

any ideas?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the last chomsky about 911 was good i hear...read Fast Food Nation..i forget who its by but..ive been read some VERY interesting facts from it..and i hear its great.

The Discoverers

by Daniel Boorstein

a history of man's search to know his world and himself

good book, has stuff in it about the establishment of time (calendar and clock inventions etc)

and other innovations in society technology geography etc...

really informative

i keep fucking trying to read a brief history of time, and i can never get more than half a page into it and then something catches on fire or i have to give a cat a bath or god knows what... i really want to read it, it just never actually happens. same thing with the satanic bible.

thanks for all your suggestions, keep em comin, ill make a list...

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Skip "Brief History", and scoop "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene. More complete, more compelling, more recent.

And if you're in a pseudo-math geek/philosophy/technology mood, "Godel, Escher and Bach" by Douglas Hoftstadter is where it's hizzat. Beer,

El Mamerro

HEY!!!!

shit

i totally remembered what you should read...

KILLING HOPE

its a history of us military action since i think WWII

and jeeeesus its a no-holds-barred acount of american foreign policy and the many debacles it has created..

this book willl make you more insightful, knowledgable, and hopefully, wise

Guest im not witty

daniel quinn, the story of B

oh shit! i used to have that secrets of the ninja book, that shit was awesome, i wish i still had it around.

Guest platapie
Originally posted by El Mamerro

And if you're in a pseudo-math geek/philosophy/technology mood,

you always seem to know the kinds of moods im in.:o

dude, if i read anymore of that D&D shit, im gonna go play in traffic with my cloak of invisibility.

besides, i need something for the ride...

call me in the morning, so i know ahead of time, before you get here. if i dont answer, just leave a message with an ETA.

holla.

Guest uncle-boy

the painted bird....

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/080213422X.01._PE20_PIdp-schmoo2,TopRight,7,-26_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg'>

authour: Jerzy N. Kosinski

a minor classic on WWII, February 5, 2002

Reviewer: Robert J. Crawford (see more about me) from Evanston, Il. United States

If ever you thought there wre limits to human cruelty and depravity, all you need do is read this book. It is the closest thing to a tour of hell that the 20C could provide.

The story centers around a sensitive and intelligent child, who was left in the hands of a caretaker in the countryside during WWII. When the caretaker dies suddenly, the child is left to fend for himself in the Polish countryside, where the population is superstitious and poverty stricken. He lived through a succession of horrors, including beatings, exposure to sex, and threats to his life. He survives, of course, and makes extremely interesting observations with the clarity - and peculiar warp - of a child. He also becomes as cruel as his tormentors, but still reachable and able to grow. It is a glimpse of what that war was like.

This makes Painted Bird a brilliant novel, undoubtedly Kozinski's best though also his first. It is a tradegy that Kosinski lied about his past, perhaps to market the book and also to create a myth about himself, saying that this was autobiographical when in fact he had spent the war in relative comfort with his parents. When the truth became known, he committed suicide. But that does not diminish the magnitude of his acheivement here.

note:this is the most valid response i have ever givin to one of your threads, seeking.

Re: the painted bird....

Originally posted by uncle-boy

note:this is the most valid response i have ever givin to one of your threads, seeking.

feels good don't it? like you're a part of something very awesome and exciting...

and when i saw awesome, i mean like how god is awesome, not how camaero's are awesome.

Guest uncle-boy

Re: Re: the painted bird....

Originally posted by seeking

feels good don't it? like you're a part of something very awesome and exciting...

and when i saw awesome, i mean like how god is awesome, not how camaero's are awesome.

yes, yes it is.

Note: you already know too much. what the hells going on here?

Archived