help, or don't.

Weapon X

Right now, as I type this, the words don't even show up on the screen until I stop for a few seconds.

Two days ago, I opened up IE and instead of my regular homepage showing up, I got this Windows page. It said that I needed some updates. I know I don't need shit, but I clicked on download anyways. I downloaded 13 or so mb worth of updates for Windows. Now my internet is horrible. I can't scroll up, down, left or right without screaming in anger. :mad:

I went into Windows dir and deleted anything that had to do with the word update, but still nothing. This is really hampering my goals of happiness. It just took me forever to type all this because when I'm done typing, I gotta wait quite a while for the cursor to finish what I typed.

Can anyone help? :idea:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Weapon X

I went into Windows dir and deleted anything that had to do with the word update, but still nothing.

not wise at all. there are a lot of critical system files that contain the word 'update' if tampered with the system32 dir.

I assume you have Windows XP because what it was asking you to run was windows update, windows update gets security and system updates from microsoft. However be very careful what patches you download, that is how they will be distributing spyware that catches people downloading and sharing music via the internet then diseminates the information gathered to legal officials.

First thing Id wonder is whether the text delay when you type and scrolling happens when you type in like Notepad, or just I.E.

If it does, I would boot from the Windows XP cd and do a repair NOT a reinstall. Deleting files with out any prior knowledge as to what they where probably made your computer worse. If you have not emptyed your recycle bin I advise you to restore what it is you deleted.

If it is only Internet Explorer that is responding funny I would uninstall it or delete the directory from .../program files/Microsoft/Internet Explorer

Also run anti virus software and Adaware and make sure you dont have any viruses or spyware...

thanks, 773. The typing delay is only on IE. Everything is slow on this shit. If I arrow down to scroll, it takes about seven seconds to respond. I have Windows98. I guess the only thing I can do now is a repair, huh? thx again. This really needs to fix up soon, though, becuase it is extremely frustrating.

Archived