*HELP NEEDED*

earo 35

*EARO'S THREAD*

ive been writing for more than 2 years, and i have had several piecing styles... it was only lately (since january) that i made a new peicing style, its very simple and very easy to do and if done right, looks really nice. it has come along very nicely except that everytime i try something, it never comes out how i want it to, i dont know whether to add more arrows, or make it 3-d or add a shadow.... most of the people on this site have been into this stuff for almost a decade, i would appreciate it if you gave me some tips or advice on what to add or what to subtract from the example you give me....thanks in advance. as soon as i find some examples, i'll post them, thanks again.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like you are on the right track, the arrows/extensions you worry about adding is what hinders your sketches. Dont worry about adding them to much, letters should always come first at least when your still kinda new to this. My advice is to work on your letters without any extra stuff, drop a 3d on them and work on your perspective to get the right shading, after you get this down you will understand your style enough to know where and how extensions can come into play-

ive tried capital e's, they look worse than the e's i alredy have, i thought the e's i have look nice, could you you give an example of how it should look, or if theres a picture of someone elses work on 12 oz who has the same letter structure give me a link and tell me the name, so i know how far to scroll down, if i see a good letter structure, i could learn it in less than 5 minutes... thanks again

i believe you should just stick with one thing to try to piece....or if thats what ur goin for keep goin.......you have to work on the letter first and need not worry bout all dem arrows right now.....work heavily with ur lower case or just do upper case its thats easier......str8 simple as we all id at one time......three keys words every writer has known for years....

PRACTICE

PRACTICE

PRACTICE

after you practice for a while your shit will most definetly progress and evolve.....then you can throw all the arrows you want in ur shit...but dont feel discouraged.....ur got the basic concept and u know what to do and how to readjust.....good luck sir.....hope for the best......

zero progress.

destroya, what do you have against all my pics, if you cant see the progress, then you must be blind.... all my letters used to be like 4 different sizes and there was no flow. the newer ones are about the same size, and i have never had more flow in my life, i dont know if its just that you hate me and you have to criticize my work or if you are tring to be funny, id love to see some of your first pieces, theyre probably just like mine, if not, a lot worse, and another thing, ive had this style for about a month or 2, you can expect huge changes in a style in that amount of time.... and for all the other guys who helped, thanks, im gonna post some pics with the advice you guys gave me.... oh yeah, the arrows come naturally, everytime i do a letter, i always have a certain spot for the arrows to come out of... thanks again.

lose the arrows dude and just work on simples. your straight letters still arent consitant and thats a sign that you need to still work on them. There is no shame in that game though duder because you gotta crawl before you can walk. Look at some of the things other people are doing and look at what you like about toher peoples straight letters and think about how you can apply that to your letters and overall style. Don't straight bite it but allow yourself to learn from other peoples stuff. And remember any fool can cover up wack letters with a bunch arrows layers and extensions but it takes someone that has skill to come out throw down some hot simples.

pretty good.

Now work on your bar consistency and tangents.

example: The main bar on your 'A' should be as thick as the left bar on your 'R'.

This does'nt always apply if you have various tangents within your word structure but it's whatever.

I'm not that great but I can offer you some tips

because I'm still working on shit, too

Here goes:

1. Work on your hand a lot without picking up

your pen, almost like a Philly hand. This will

help you pick up connections, because the

ones you're working with don't make sense.

Not horrible, but not logical. All the fancy,

wild connects come when you learn the crazy

patterns your hand makes from letter to letter.

At least that what I notice for myself... to each

his own, though.

2. Drop the 'peak throughs' in your letters for

now. They don't look THAT bad... but I can

only imagine how they come off in paint if

shit's not looking 'how you want it'. Add those

later when you're more comfortable with

structure... for now they just add awkward

little angles through your shit.

3. Fuck an arrow. There's plenty of better

shapes to run with that aren't so obviously

bad when they're not pulled off perfect.

4. Just something you might want to try...

instead of making all your letter have such

hard square edges.. try rounding them out

for now. If you're not hitting all the right

angles with squared shit you can seriously

fuck up what would otherwise be strong

letters.

You are progressing slow.. I think you've

been trying to take on too much since the

beginning maybe. I've been there.

Hope I was a little help.

i think ive gotten enough help with my peicing styles for now... maybe you guys could help me with my throw ups.... this is a style that i developed since i began writing, i started it from scratch when i began writing, i didnt have internet, and i didnt know any writers, i had to teach myself most of the stuff i know.... here are some examples of my throw ups..

spark...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4da28b3127ccebc06db40181c0000001610'>

earo...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4da28b3127ccebc06c7ac18fe0000001610'>

rack...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4da28b3127ccebc06da21d9d50000001610'>

earo again...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4da28b3127ccebc06c4d0d92b0000001610'>

raze...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4da28b3127ccebc06da85d9710000001610'>

earo again...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4da28b3127ccebc06c58318d00000001610'>

Well ur going in the right direction by writing diff words. Which makes u better in doing various letters! I dont think you should overlap

Earo Expo n Calor i think are good but need less over lapping 2 be better!

Btw is a well knwo crew in NYC but thats up 2 u if u still wish to rep it.

Just keep doin ur thing ull get way better then laugh at ur old stuff!