and experimenting.

What i need from you guys is to

recommend what software you

think is better-easier..and maybe

some book about it that breaks it

down like bares break nuts.

Fast and easy.

Thanx.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Software= Macromedia Dreamweaver

-you can also use fireworks,

-and of course as you learn Flash, to add in to your page but Dreamweaver is your web layout software etc...and quite easy to learn.

The HOT (Hands on Training) books are pretty easy textbook (but friendly reads) on these programs.... If you need any other help or whatever Ill check back in the thread...Its pretty easy to learn and dreamweaver is the type of program that with practice you get better quick.

good luck

Guest imported_Tesseract

Thanx yoink, i'd also like to add that i dont wanna make flash animations and stuff..i just need something that would be flexible enough for me to release the funk.

I hear you.

Dreamweaver is a WhatYouSeeisWhatYouGet program (at least technically it is) Which makes it semi easy to see what your doing, that said with a simple and easy to read book, you can pretty much lay out a webpage in no time, and Im sure you have enough design sense and what not too make it look good.

you should post progress, or maybe bump this thread once in a while for crits, and any other issues you need discussed.

This is the book I bought a while ago for a class, its decent, not the best but I had no prior exp. and just from reading a tad off and on and playing around I figured it out real quick

Macromedia Dreamweaver MX Hands-On Training

by Garo Green (Author), Abigail Rudner (Author)

link here

I made a website in a matter of day.

I consider it to be an ok site.

I mean nothing fancy, no flash or anything. The only thing I used flash for was to add background music to a page. It's mainly just coding for background colors, images, text, color, dividers, page position, and links etc.

Dreamweaver is so good to use. Once you start using it you'll pick up code very easily.

My opinion:

start out with Notepad. Or maybe a slightly higher end text editor, then equip yourself with a basic HTML book, available at pretty much any book shop. There is nothing that beats understanding the basics straight up. Also look around on the net for an onscreen pixel ruler, it comes in handy when you get to advanced image placement.*

This assumes that you actually want to go somewhere with HTML skillzzzz. Otherwise do what they said (Dreamweaver) but be warned that it only gives you so much freedom.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I hear you spike, i've seen some super simple html sites that just beat the crap out of flash stuff...Its in my plans to learn the code and be able to trully understand how it works...the key to innovate.

However, right now i had a proposition from a company to built a website for them. They choose me cause they appreciated my style and the deal is to design the whole thing and rework it with someone that knows better so we can avoid glitches and malfunctions. I could just go with sketches and ideas but i'd like to get it the whole design thing just cause i feel that by learning how the program works a few more ideas might reach my head.