[HELP] Need help for a theme

_nightcrawler

On a serious note...

Ok well i know this is sorta graffiti related but im trying to attract a wider audience to help me out.

I aint exactly a techno person so i was wondering if you channel zero heads could hear me out

So yeah, theres this street art exhibition 'my friend' is in and the theme is "techno". (techno as in the music) Can you guys help 'my friend' out on a background (colour scheme for peice etc etc). It would be greatly appreciated if you could post some other graffiti that has had a "techno" theme to it or flicks of a cartoon related to techno or whatever. Its not a competition its just an exhibition.

'My friend' and 'I' would think of a theme ourselves but 'we' are not into techno at all and we wouldnt have a clue what the techno scene is like.

thanks,

_nightcrawlerske

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

techno in my mind has always made me think of anime.

i used to do fliers for soem group of kisd that had a production company

throwing raves and whatnot. used anime, electronics (circuit boards, etc)

also, hard drive shapes , computer related shapes, etc. i like double entendres with pics.

i'd stick with the bright colors (a la rave baby pacifier sucking xtc freaks). pinks, greens, baby blues, white. maybe add some khaki and such.

or you could go jungalist old school and do camo type colors and weird urban jungle themes.

i'm bored. just bouncing ideas.

im shooting in the dark here but why not use oldschool hiphop (electro) beats.

which was mostly considered techno before the whole 80's revival by most heads.

example

cybotron-clear would be a good one to start.

aside from that as far as theme goes. u can try doing something with dark electro

which is mostly influenced by uh robots and the end of the world.

or you can do the popping theme. breakdancing blah blah

every good piece of 'techno' art (READ: "FLYER") starts in outer space and features a fractal... then toss some anime character and letters with a neon glow effect. They also usually carry a slogan suggesting that 'this rave is gonna change the world!'...

I really dunno too much but my old boss started that band Rabbit in the Moon so I saw a ton of 'techno' art in the early 90's.

every good piece of 'techno' art (READ: "FLYER") starts in outer space and features a fractal... then toss some anime character and letters with a neon glow effect. They also usually carry a slogan suggesting that 'this rave is gonna change the world!'...

I really dunno too much but my old boss started that band Rabbit in the Moon so I saw a ton of 'techno' art in the early 90's.

seriously? that's pretty fucking cool, smart. i used to like rabbit in the moon.

as far as what other people are saying about this...i agree. mechs are ideal. they are techno without being too lame. go for mechs.

I like this idea. Can you expand on this abit more?

Guys' date=' I've got a bunch of Montana, a big wall, and no idea what I'm doing. Can somebody come paint my piece for me?[/quote']

werd up, send me all your paint.

or i can come to you and paint on your face

i'll do a dj character who's shooting records

This is what my 'mate' has in mind.

=>Dark grey background.

=>Black outlines of people dancing or whatever.

=>Fluro green, blue, purple laser lights or whatever theyre called with a small white fade in it done by a blue dot.

=> speakers

=> a dj playin some beats.

=> glow stick effect?

Still having trouble with colours and shit. Can someone please suggest some "techno" colours that would work well together., and ill work my way around that.