Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

[HELP] Need help for a theme

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by _nightcrawler, May 7, 2006.

1. _nightcrawler

_nightcrawler Elite Member

On a serious note...

Ok well i know this is sorta graffiti related but im trying to attract a wider audience to help me out.
    I aint exactly a techno person so i was wondering if you channel zero heads could hear me out

So yeah, theres this street art exhibition 'my friend' is in and the theme is "techno". (techno as in the music) Can you guys help 'my friend' out on a background (colour scheme for peice etc etc). It would be greatly appreciated if you could post some other graffiti that has had a "techno" theme to it or flicks of a cartoon related to techno or whatever. Its not a competition its just an exhibition.
    'My friend' and 'I' would think of a theme ourselves but 'we' are not into techno at all and we wouldnt have a clue what the techno scene is like.

thanks,
    _nightcrawlerske

Last edited: May 7, 2006
  2. lord_casek

lord_casek 12oz Royalty

Joined: Jan 24, 2006 Messages: 27,078 Likes Received: 1,007
    techno in my mind has always made me think of anime.
    i used to do fliers for soem group of kisd that had a production company
    throwing raves and whatnot. used anime, electronics (circuit boards, etc)

also, hard drive shapes , computer related shapes, etc. i like double entendres with pics.

i'd stick with the bright colors (a la rave baby pacifier sucking xtc freaks). pinks, greens, baby blues, white. maybe add some khaki and such.

or you could go jungalist old school and do camo type colors and weird urban jungle themes.

i'm bored. just bouncing ideas.

3. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

shitty graffiti for shitty music.

fitting.

4. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

im shooting in the dark here but why not use oldschool hiphop (electro) beats.
    which was mostly considered techno before the whole 80's revival by most heads.
    example
    cybotron-clear would be a good one to start.
    aside from that as far as theme goes. u can try doing something with dark electro
    which is mostly influenced by uh robots and the end of the world.

or you can do the popping theme. breakdancing blah blah

5. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

CLUB SCENE WITH FOAM, RAVES, GLOW-IN-THE-DARK SHITS, UH.... VIETNAMESE PEOPLE USUALLY... HMM... WHAT REALLY REMINDS ME OF TECHNO IS THAT SCREEN SHIT THAT POPS UP IN THE "VISUALIZATION" CATEGORY IN THE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER THING. FLASHY LIGHTS AND SHIT.

6. After School Special

After School Special Banned

I always thought I hated techno.

Any electronic music.

DJ Shadow and Aphex Twin changed my mind.

But for the most part, if anyone says they like techno, they are talking about the techno we all hate.

7. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

8. _nightcrawler

thanks for the ideas people. I honestly hate techno myself but a legal is a legal. paint supplied. How can i not take up the offer.

I would like to hear more ideas.
    thanks

9. After School Special

10. _nightcrawler

Yeah i will post flicks once my mate has finished painting it. But first he needs a theme of some sort. Come on people..HELP!

11. After School Special

Make it look futuristic without looking ghey.

Mechs? I dunno man. All techno brings to mind here are candy necklaces and buttsecks.

[​IMG]

12. V for Vagina

V for Vagina Member

Yeah dancing robots would be good.

Try a few hours of doing the melbourne shuffle. Your bound to come up with something.

13. _nightcrawler

Yea thanks for that vagina. need heaps more inspiration though..fuckkkk

14. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

every good piece of 'techno' art (READ: "FLYER") starts in outer space and features a fractal... then toss some anime character and letters with a neon glow effect. They also usually carry a slogan suggesting that 'this rave is gonna change the world!'...

I really dunno too much but my old boss started that band Rabbit in the Moon so I saw a ton of 'techno' art in the early 90's.

15. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

HAHA.. here he is... *hey Steve!
    [​IMG]