[HELP] Molotow 600ml burner chrome cans

_nightcrawler

Ok i dont want anyone baggin or bitching about this. Im just stuck on something.

Does everyone know them 600ml molotow burner chrome cans? Who ever has used them and refilled them can you help me on this?

Well i refilled my 600ml and it doesnt spray like it use to. It used to spray a very fat, dope, bold line. But after ive refilled it, it now sprays like a level 3 cap with a messy line. I have a pink dot on it and it still doesnt spray like it used to. I tried everything i can think of.

Can anyone suggest something to fix this problem? Or can someone tell me whats wrong or whatever.

Cheers..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What kind of paint did you refill it with? Rusto, Krylon? I used some rusto/krylon that was mixed into a montana can and it sucked, though you could blame it on the cap. If you cant figure it out, just transfer it out of the molotow can into a krylon can. I've had no problems with mixing other brands into krylon cans.

its a 600ml can and this cans are dope with bombing. No other can gives off a line like this can does. Something to do with high pressure.

I refilled it with good old cheapo paint (export paint). Would you rather pay $14 aus for a new 600ml can? Or would you rather pay $5 aus for some cheapo paint to refill it with?

• 2 weeks later...

obviously it's not gonna work for you tiger. your putting shitty paint with different pressure into a can that's meant for something else. it's never going to work the same. save your allowance, buy a new can of paint or get a new hoby.

problem solved.

you gotta be careful when mixing shit into those cans, the formula for propellant and solvents is a bit different to your run of the mill paint.

do a test swatch (spray some burnerchrome and some of the chrome you're going to mix with in to an old lid) and see if they mix properly or separate completely. if they're separating, you're going to get sub-par results from the paint. it's for this reason that you don't mix non-chrome paints in to empty metallic cans.

either that, or you shot your valve when mixing (pushed too hard on the seal).

Originally posted by _nightcrawler@Jan 26 2006, 11:54 PM

I dont get that..

Would doing the hot cold method with a empty doner can work?

Yes. If you have the pressure differential high enough (really hot can with a can that's been freezing overnight), you can manage to get some extra pressure into the cold one. I used to do it with cans of black, so I got a really wide fat cap line for tags.

I wouldn't be surprised if Belton supercharged the cans to get a wider line. I'd guess that as the can was emptied, the pressure would equalize so that it sprayed more like regular paint.

Keep in mind that the propellant is contained within the paint, like carbonation is inside soda or beer. When you shake the can, you release the gases, which fill up the space that was originally taken up with paint as you use the can. Theoretically, if you shae the can enough, you'll build the pressure back. I've found that this never seems to work in reality how it should in theory. Maybe if you remove enough of the gas from the mixture, there's nothing left to fill the space? I dunno.