Help me resolve another dillema

SilentBob

So it's about time I move out of my current place and into a sharehouse. Here are my options.

a) two girls, one goes to art school/ studies english lit (which is what I studied), the other studies english lit. I don't really know either of them. I met art school girl in some class a year ago and randomly bump into her every now and again, she wanted to use me in a short film last week and booya.

b) 5 other people. 3 of which I've lived with in a dorm for a year and a half. there is 1) I environmental engineer guy, loves drinking and hates the state of world politics he's from penselvania america. 2) his asian/australian girlfriend. Studies actuarial studies, is a really nice girl. Likes fashion on eating like a buffalo and cheesy pop music. 3) another asian/ australian girl I almost dated for awhile there but decided to shun it ( I had just broken up with another girl in this dorm and was turned of the whole dating girls I live with thing). She acts like a little girl alot (its kind of her way of bonding with people and shit, gigling acting stupid etc). Likes art etc. 4) Some trades dude who I don't think I'm going to like very much on account of one 5 minute interaction I had with him and 5) this friend of the first three who seems ok, takes more P**ls than I'd like in a housemate and is kind of a chatter box.

heres are the pro's and cons.

PRO'S

art girls.

* they like creative stuff, after 2 years of being a writer surrounded by engineers this actually counts for something. I'm tired of listening to conversations about the molecular structure of bugs dna and math problems. Its interesting for about a day.

* I won't have to sign a lease with them, so if I don't like it, I can just leave.

* they might be moving somewhere in a better location than where the 5 folks will be.

* there are only two of them. Having to work shit out amongst five people will be hectic. It's impossible for it not to be.

Big house-

* I already have known three of them for a long time, I know what to expect from them and they know what to expect from me.

* The fact that we're all living in a massive house means cheap rent and fucking cool house. (the one they are trying to get in nicer than my parents house)

*the first two people I mentioned are actually pretty cool. I know they are reliable and would do their best to make sure things go smoothly between everyone.

* they will do alot of the work for me. House hunting, organising furniture etc.

CON'S

art girls

* I've only just met them. So many times (especially after years in a dorm) I've met people who seem to be perfectly nice and who turn out to be total freaks.

* they both have boyfriends, which could mean I think I'm moving in with two girls but am really moving in with two girls and two men who eat all our food and use all our shit and invade my personal space at all hours of the day.

* the house we move into won't be as nice, and will cost a bit more (like $30 a week. I can afford this if its going to save me bumping heads with people everyday. You should understand, I'm really tired of bumping heads with people. Living in a bitchy arse university dorm and working the job I do, means I have some kind of confrontation with someone at the very least once every two days. I'd like a house with some peace and quiet. Ofcourse this is not guareenteed)

* I met the second girl today, she seemed very nice, but possibly a little passive agressive. But we got along well.

*I'd have to house hunt alot more.

5 other people-

* I have to sign a lease, which means if I dont like it I'll be stuck for 6 months or will have to fuck around finding a replacement. this sucks also because it means I'll have to travel later than I orginally planned.

* I already don't think I'll get along with 2 of the 5 possibly 3 of the 5.

* the location of the house they are thinking isn't bad, but it involves a 20 minute walk for late night drinking.

So make me a choice 12oz.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

5 non arty people was my pick.

1 the girls have boyfriends

2 it will be like living with 2 girls and 2 guys just as you said

3 i agree with jackson about the menstration and girls who live together get on the same cycle or so i have been told so you get double period pain for your ass

4 in the big house you know the people are reliable and are going to help you out

5 the big house is cheaper for more room

6in the big house if someone pisses you off you have more places to go to get away from them

7 big house closer to the bar

Go with the big house it sounds better to me

Originally posted by Some1@Jan 24 2006, 12:55 PM

5 non arty people was my pick.

1 the girls have boyfriends

2 it will be like living with 2 girls and 2 guys just as you said

3 i agree with jackson about the menstration and girls who live together get on the same cycle or so i have been told so you get double period pain for your ass

4 in the big house you know the people are reliable and are going to help you out

5 the big house is cheaper for more room

6in the big house if someone pisses you off you have more places to go to get away from them

7 big house closer to the bar

Go with the big house it sounds better to me

I can see what you're saying but I think it must sound different than it is.

1) There isn't any real sparks between me and either of them. Not that they are bad looking, or that they aren't cool. But things just don't come off with those kind of vibes. And if there was, well... I'm not the type of dude who cuts other peoples grass, but I'm sure you know things happen, and boyfriends dissapear. But the point is, I'm not really thinking about in to fuck. It seems like a stupid reason to commit to six months of living with some people.

2) It could be like that, and I'm a bit concerned. I'm wondering if I should ask them about it? One of them said she spends like two nights a week at her b/f's so I'm thinking maybe she rolls to his more than he rolls to hers. Either way, I wouldn't be putting up with that shit if the problem did come up.

3) The menstral thing is true. They syncronise. But honestly I havn't met anyone who's really fucked up on pms. It's like they are aware of the stereotype and force themselves to behave as pleasantly as possible.

4) I know two of the five people are cool. One is basically a big baby and one is way to constantly hyped up for my liking (see P**ls reference). The other I don't really know, but like I said over 5 minutes it seemed like we'd be falling out in no time. ( I could be wrong ofcourse)

5) This is true. Like I said, I'm seriously sick of fighting all the time with people. I'm trying to figure out if the smaller slightly more expensive house will help this situation. If it does, than I really dont care about the extra room.

6)This hypothetically is true, but in my dorm experience in a big house, there is more bitching and more people get involved just complicating things. At least if i fall out with one of the 2 girls there is no one else to talk about it but each other.

7) How is the big house closer to the bar?

Another thing that could suck is that the two girls have been friends for a long time, this combined with the fact that I won't be signing the lease could mean I won't have alot of leverage when it comes to sorting shit out. Which is not something I'm really keen for.

dude...I gotta go with option C.

Find another friend to live with and get a small place without all the potential drama that comes from living with a couple of girls or people you don't get along with.

the girls boyfriends will be staying over and at some point in time one of them might get all insecure and think you're fucking his girl.

I live with two girls. If you're a reasonable, diplomatic guy and the girls are mentally stable, it should be cool...

I've had alot of fun with my roommates, lots of parties. you just have to forget about

A. decorating the house the way you like it

C. making a mess all over the place

D. being a proud chauvinist

other points and tips:

-decisions are easier with 3 people, 5 peeps can't agree on anything.

for example throwing parties with people who have the same school schedule is easier.

maintaining the fridge order, etc. it only takes one of the 5 ppl to slack off w/ dishes and eat everyones food and it's a living hell

-getting the whole rent paid in time is easier with 2 people

-more time to use the bathroom in the morning w/ 2 ppl

I also strongly suggest not getting too excited about having titties bouncing around the apartment. the fact they have boyfriends & that you seem to be not intrested in the girls in that sense, to me it sounds like a good thing and a matter of keeping the apartment peaceful/drama free.

everything depends on human personalities and who you get along with. If you already think you can't stand someone of the 5 peeps, i'd forget it if I was you.

Originally posted by MAR@Jan 24 2006, 08:37 PM

Two girls. Graff tips from fresh heads. No commitments and Art girls boyfriends will most likely though not 100% of the time be normalish low key people either that or one of those mentioned in the hitler-elmo-mero thread.

haha well I've met one of them, I think he might fit into the normalish low key category? I met him once and had a quick conversation, then have seen again alot of times since and have not bothered talking to him. Not because I dislike him, just because, well you meet alot of people you know? The shit that I'm concerned about is these two dudes hanging in the common areas of the house at all hours, and using my hot water, and eating my food.

Neither of the girls seem to be the inconsiderate type. So I'm hoping it will be kosher.

Master bait- do those two girls you live with have boyfriends? If so does it mess with you at all ?

Also on the note of not having any sexual interest, you're right. But I rubbed one out over one of the girl's friends who whispered in my ear something about dirty dancing the other day. Should I be concerned ? :huh2: :haha:

have you ever tried to rent a video with five people? that shit never works out and you always end up watching some shitty flick no one wants to see. 2 people however you can pretty much always come up with some goods fairly painlessly. id go the two girls, the option to leave if it sucks is a real good point aswel as you can just trial the shit to see how it runs. plus there friends apparently are into dirty dancing, thats a bonus

I hate having roomates....my cat pisses me off sometimes....but I guess I would go with the 5 roomates...with 5, its easier to be more anonymous if you choose to....and yeah I'd rather talk to engineers any time over artsy girls, which are basically confused chicks waitin to land a trophy husband...who the fucks studies english lit? thats what your suposed to read AFTER school or work, not during...

my roommates have had their exes and some guys they've met just to visit the house. they haven't stayed for long.

First it bothered me a bit, but now i think it's OK...its their apartment and they can have guests.

I don't think they'd bring guys there just to sit around and act like dicks on purpose... It's THEIR friends (part of their public image, u know ) and I'm sure if the art girls have any self respect, they should be able to keep their guests in order. I'm sure you can talk about this beforehand as you move in with them.

Then again I dont think my roommates have any long-term boyfriend relationships, I guess I've been lucky for not having extra-people hang around too much. If their boyfriends eat my food, I tell them to stop.

and if they stay for a week, they can start paying some of the rent and bills too. common sense. there's a difference between hanging around and being a parasite

Tough desicion, no lease is good, but cheaper rent is awesome, 2 girls is sweet (I read about the possibility of that dirty dancing chick, though there boyfriends may be insecure and be aggressive towards you), It always sucks when you don't get along with people as you mentioned with the "big house", Though you do have good friends at the big house too, I dunno I clicked on the big house though after actually thinking shit out I'd probalbly go for the 2 art chicks.

yeah I'm really leaning towards the two girls. I'm just going to suss out if it is remotely possible to live somewhere decent that isn't a ghetto neighbourhood for our price range. (shitty neighbourhoods are ok and all, but I spend enough time dealing with that shit. like I've said excessively now, I'd really like some peace and quiet) If it is (which its got to be) then I think that's where I'll go.

I refuse to think about the possibility of sex in this household though from the girls or their friends. I predict it will be the whole things total undoing.

quick update: The 6 person house has been signed for. So they are moving in regardless of what I do. I'm basically just making them pay extra rent until I figure out what I'm doing, which isn't the coolest thing on earth. At any rate, it turns out the 6 month lease signing on my part is no longer neccesary (sp?) which was a big issue for me. ( I'm not sure if I said it before but I distinctly felt like 6 ppl, locked together for 6 months ='s death trap...shit sounded like a reality tv show).

Talked to the two girls today and a) the house /apartment market is fucked up atm. and

b) they plan on having their boyfriends around and in the public part of the house alot by the sounds of things (2 nights a week was what one said. The other agreed. I said well between the two of you it sounds like their is always going to be someones boyfriend around. So now we're all confused. ) Also I get slight psycho vibes from one of them. Not like she's mean, but just that she's one of those people who's nice (and alittle insecure) and has been fucked around alot and as a result has turned into a ruthless "I won't be a victim ever again" kind of girl.

I don't know they are both such potentially fucked up situations. My common sense is saying roll with the 6 bedroom, its going to be cheaper/less having to do stuff (many hands ='s light work) ,and at least its definate. But on the emo tip, I've spent a year and a half with these cats which has not all been fun, and my sense of adventure says go for total change, re-vamp your entire lifestyle.