Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

help me record music onto my cpu...please!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by nomadawhat, Aug 21, 2003.

1. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

ok, i want to record from a mini disc to my cpu to a cd.... how can i go about doing this. i have the mini-disc going into my sound card... do i need to dl a program to record it? which one? thanks ya'llz.

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

you need a long cable with a 3/4 inch jack on each end, adn download soundforge from kazaa.... go buy that cord at wal-mart

3. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

you'll plug that 3/4 jack cable thing into your mini disc and into your input on your soundcard...not the mic in, just the line in...it'll tell you on the back of the soundcard...

soundforge should help you take care of the space at the beginning...you'll have some recording that way. soundforge will also help you clean up whatever your recoding to your hard drive, so then you can use nero burning or whatever to record back to a cd-rom as an mp3 or a .wav whatever...i hope i made some sense

4. nomadawhat

cool. got the cable and soundforge on a cd right here. don't know anything about soundforge though... is it pretty easy and self explainatory once i get into it?** it'll record as a .wav? thanks casek!!!

**you beat me to it....i'll see what i can do.

5. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

true...soundforge, for what you want to do, is pretty simple to operate. all the buttons and shit are obvious...it will record to a .wav file format, mp3, wma, aif, etc, etc...you can set it to record almost any way, but cd tracks are in .wav format. stick with that, and you'll be alright, but you may want to save as an mp3 after you make your cd and delete the .wav version...saves space...

6. nomadawhat

word up...thanks again.

<----recording!!! :)

7. nomadawhat

ok, i am back for some more help...

anyone know how to break up the one .wav file i have recorded into separate tracks, but still have it play continuously?

8. rip

rip Elite Member

you can dl music onto your cpu? when did that start happening?

9. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

ok, you need either a: cd architect (plugin for soundforge, or b: maybe nero burning will do that to chopped up tracks??? check it out, they have tons of plugins out for nero....kazaa...get the whole thing, easily...
    anyway, you can chop tracks in soundforge. just takes time and patience. figuring out where songs end, or where you want them to end, and then physically finding them on the display of the wav in soundforge...all that's left is cut and paste onto a new track for every piece of the large wav that you want to be a seperate track....save them as track 1, track 2, etc...and put them, together, into a subfolder of the large wav file...then, if you've found cd architect, or another method of laying out how your music will be heard on the cd, then you save it like that and burn...

10. nomadawhat

ok, thanks again casek. i actually was looking around other places while waiting and found out you can use nero to split the wav. track by placing the wav in the to-burn window then selecting it in the window then going to edit then to indexes, limits and splits! seems much easier than going thru it on soundforge and saving them as separates. but you still have to find the time of the track break so who knows... well anyways thanks again. if i have any other simple question about some of this shit can i just e-mail or im you?

11. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

:lol:

12. rip

rip Elite Member

i thought it went on my hard drive. hmmmmmm.

13. slightly

slightly Member

is this software available for OSX?

i havent really looked into this much, and dont feel like searching kazaa...

14. S@T@N

[email protected]@N Senior Member

Alright, I chose to continue this thread instead of making a new one.

My question:

I want to record music from games and other programs as either .wav
    or .mp3. How do I record whatever my soundcard is receiving at any
    particular time? Someone suggested putting a cord from the line out
    to the line in, but I think it'd give me retarded feedback. Any help?

15. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

you could

a)mic up your speakers....(line from mic input on your comp....record with soundforge) my homie did this...made some dope video game beats

B) record directly from your comp to your comp with no mic...this is easily done...with soundforge you can choose your recording source...i can't remember exactly how to do it, but you can...i used to record police scanners from the net (lapd) i streamed it in winamp and recorded with soundforge...