Help me find the video for

courtorder

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

I like Kanye West sometimes, but:

1) This song is just another bullshit hip hop song with no content, and its made worse by him talking about "throw your diamonds in the air" like a party song with African blood diamonds used as a back drop. I thaught this of Eminems fuck Bush song too, there is nothing being said about real shit...play the song but dont watch and you'll see...

2) He name drops Jesus like its his Mexican neighbor, but always moves to "but I drink and smoke and carry a gun and wear slave diamonds and give girls herpes and AIDS and kill children cuz they breev da same air dat I due..." I'm not even Christian and I find it offensive...

haha, pretty ironically, your username is king bling..but i feel what you're sayin, it's sort of hypocritical, but i still like him. at least hes trying to make people aware of what their "ice" really is, and where it came from. ive gotta install effin realplayer for the video, but a thank you in advance dumy.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by courtorder@Jun 20 2005, 09:21 AM

haha, pretty ironically, your username is king bling..but i feel what you're sayin, it's sort of hypocritical, but i still like him. at least hes trying to make people aware of what their "ice" really is, and where it came from. ive gotta install effin realplayer for the video, but a thank you in advance dumy.

You should hang out in Crossfire and see where my name stands....and Kanye West is the political equivalent of a neon sign, it gets your attention, but it isn't saying shit. "At least" is just that, and no one ever remembers the "least" principled....

Videos are not made by the rappers in them, the music is. This was a video making director who ran with an angle, the song itself isn't even about the images. I dont hate Kanye West, but I this turned me from "he makes music thats more like normal life" to "hes pretty much making money on the politically uniformed impulses of people who listen to main stream rap" - he's a a manipulator and a hypocrite in his music...

By the way I just finally purchesed Immortal Technique after having his downloads on file for a while, it's a damn good album...

One of Kanye's accomplishments is providing a sort of middleground or bridge between underground and mainstream artists, and just raising awareness of the indie scene in general..without him I doubt dilated would have been on heavy rotation on MTV or Jay-z would be mentioning Talib Kweli in his rhymes..and he virtually garanteed Common a gold plaque for his new album...

^what this guy said is pretty on point. kron king, i wasnt trying to call you out or anything. and in fact, i pretty much think what you're saying is true. and yeah, immortal technique is sick, but he gets fucking old. i saw him live and it was pretty ill..then he tried to hustle my boy :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by Mr. ABC+Jun 20 2005, 05:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - Jun 20 2005, 05:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>if i only manage to suck one person in then it was all worth it

[/b]

I've never understood people who say this. They do all this fucking work and then they're like "If I change one person''s mind it was all worth it." You're telling me that your 462 hours of volunteer work would all be worth it if one motherfucking person decides not to use drugs, buy a gun, etc.? Somebody has some self-esteem issues, your time is more valuable than that.

<!--QuoteBegin-KING BLING@Jun 20 2005, 09:49 AM

I'm not even Christian and I find it offensive...

You should declare a death fatwa against him and maybe burn an embassy, or at least boycott Chicago pizza parlors...