Help, I hate bugs!

SukiSukiNow

So I moved into my new apartment and I noticed some roaches. I fucking hate them and yes, I am scuuuuurd of them. Does anyone know a sure fire way of getting rid of them in a jiffy without me having to touch them or using one of those bomb deals? Any help would be much appreciated. I'd like to say f.u. in advnace to any sarcastic comments to come. :)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i don't know how to get rid of them, but we have these funny looking crickets that are all over the basement. they look like a cross between a spider and a cricket and when you turn on the light they scatter but they run over your feet in the process and i think they are icky.

there a billion mosquitos here too. yuck

Seriously, we had an ant infestation in one of my old places. Called the landlord and she got these ant traps that didn't work, so we pestered her for a few days until she hired Terminex. Roaches are hard as hell to get rid of without an exterminator. And since you are renting the property, it is not your responsibility to get one, but your landlords. Don't waste your money.

my roach story:

so i go to the bathroom, walk in and see what is a roach sitting on a table

* now mind you i am really hungover and prolly still drunk and drugged up from the night before*

so i procede to go in and see this and i give the whats up head knod to the roach like "hey roachie roach whats up $"

i then go on with my bathroom business that i was there for and it takes me about 5-6 minutes till my brain kicks in saying hey s#$@ that was a roach sitting on that tabel you just said "whats up too".

so i turn to the table to take a look and shure enuff the bastard is still there, and till this day what i think he was doing was watching me like he knew i seen him but didnt try to kill him for 10 minutes so he was watching me to make a move, it was funny

my last word were "you litle fuck"

roachie roach died a beautiful death by my sketcher's 30 seconds later

BEER!

i heard of this hawiian practice once, where when there was insects they would capture one (the story was talking about flies, though.. might not work on roaches) of the pests, shake it up in their hands then let it free. it would then tell the rest of his buddies that this is not a safe place to be, and move on. i do not know if this will work or not. try it.

Originally posted by chumbawumba

i heard of this hawiian practice once, where when there was insects they would capture one (the story was talking about flies, though.. might not work on roaches) of the pests, shake it up in their hands then let it free. it would then tell the rest of his buddies that this is not a safe place to be, and move on. i do not know if this will work or not. try it.

i did somthing similar with mice. we had these "humane traps" if you will where the mice went into this cube and the door shut behind them and then when you flipped it they could run free. so i marked one with a purple paint marker one time. took the little hellion about half a mile away and released him and the bastard was back in my kitchen 2 nights later. with more mice. but mice are not insects so...................................................

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by ubejinxed

i don't know how to get rid of them, but we have these funny looking crickets that are all over the basement. they look like a cross between a spider and a cricket and when you turn on the light they scatter but they run over your feet in the process and i think they are icky.

there a billion mosquitos here too. yuck

Probably house centipedes... at least that's what we had in Providence. Keep them around in the basement, they get rid of a bunch of other pests. But if they get into the house, ruin their lives. I think one of the fuckers bit me once, the night I was drunk and got lost in the basement for an hour in total darkness.

As for a roach problem, here's a little fun fact... cockroaches will scatter whenever you get anything near them to smash them because they feel the tiniest of air disturbances with the little hairs on their ass. You can actually use a vacuum cleaner and fool a roach into thinking something's coming after it from the other side, and it'll run straight into the hose. You can then take the vacuum cleaner outside, set it on fire, and then run it over with a bulldozer strapped with 800 lbs. of TNT that's doused in flesh-eating acid. This could get expensive, but I really haven't heard of a better way to get rid of them.