1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Hello Seeking, I have a question for you, or anyone else who knows non-profits

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by I Luv Roo, Nov 26, 2001.

1. I Luv Roo

I Luv Roo 12oz Member

Hello Seeking, I have a question for you, or anyone else who knows non-profits

Discussion started by I Luv Roo - Nov 26, 2001

Seeking, I noticed on your laptop thread you mentioned that your sister runs a non-profit. I am planning on starting a non-profit arts org. and I need advice- in English, not in that IRS crazy-talk. What were the very preliminary steps your sis took, and what did she do to go about getting funding, finding space, working with the city, etc.? I know it's not that easy - I am doing a TON of research and saving $$$ as well, but to be able to talk to (or email) someone would be precious!

Yours or anyone's kind advice is much appreciated.

I Luv Roo - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Nov 26, 2001

um, well to make things more difficult, her no-profit is in another country. haha. i'll talk with her and get the jist of it, hopefully later today, then get back to you. i know its alot of forms and shit like that, but its not super difficult, just time consuming. funding is a different story, thats where you gotta get creative. theres not really just like a big board of rich guys that you stand in front of and ask for donations. haha. im sure there is a non-profit in SF that deals with helping set up non-profits, you might wanna look into that. in the meantime, i'll talk to her an see what i can find out...

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. I Luv Roo

I Luv Roo 12oz Member

I Luv Roo - Replied Nov 27, 2001

Thanks so much.

I've done a lot of research on lots of stuff, and there are organizations out there to help. The city of Oakland (where it will be) supposedly is trying hard to support the arts, that was one of Jerry Brown's campaign promises, that he hasn't fully come through on yet, so in order to get re-elected next year, he may be able to offer help - who knows, but it's worth a try.

I Luv Roo - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: