"""HELLA"""

theGOON

so i moved to norcal about 4 months ago. the term "hella" is used on average every 3.78 seconds by san franciscans. its a stupid fucking term and i hate it. i swore to ManOwaR that i would never use it...

...then 2 days ago it just came out of my mouth. i was shocked. i stopped talking for a few minutes--big deal--and hung my head in shame and disbelief

it just planted itself in my head. just like that. it was there. shit. thats my sad story. i'm never going to do it again. fuckers.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I hate the word a ton, there was a kid who lived here in Boston where the word is just about never ever used and he would go to California where his dad lived and come back and said it all the time and we used to rag on him for that.

The flash-forward to now and every once in a while it will pop out of my mouth. There's only so many times you can say "wicked" or "sooooo".

hell no. i never say that and i live in sf. ever since i've moved here, i've never said it nor had the urge to. the only time i use it is to mock the people that do.

"you're hella moded."

"hellahecka dance revolution."

see its quite funny when its used to make fun of people who do use it.

i wish i can take a recorder on the bus one day and just tape the conversations that these kids have. its freaking funny and they come up with the most creative slang ever. they almost sound like they are freestyling but really they are complaining about shondra's babys daddy getting up aaallll in the grill of shondra's cousins sisters baby sister because she be creepin with shondra's baby dadddy and that aint right.

Originally posted by boogie hands@Jun 17 2005, 06:42 AM

im surprised thats still around.....i was california probably 5 or 6 years ago (maybe even 7) and "hella" was being thrown around like it was the freshest slang out.

thats like walking around new york and hearing someone refer to something as "shmoove"....

hmmmm

hella has been a staple of my vocabulary for at least 18 years now...

it ain;t goin nowhere... hella nowheres...

shit.. don't fight the hella cause the hella will win!

I was raised in norcal and hella still is a daily part of my vocabulary,

I saw a manowar at the beach the other day, it was just a little one that washed up on shore so I hung around and tried to convice people to touch it... it was hella funny

Originally posted by theGOON@Jun 17 2005, 02:59 AM

so i moved to norcal about 4 months ago. the term "hella" is used on average every 3.78 seconds by san franciscans. its a stupid fucking term and i hate it. i swore to ManOwaR that i would never use it...

...then 2 days ago it just came out of my mouth. i was shocked. i stopped talking for a few minutes--big deal--and hung my head in shame and disbelief

it just planted itself in my head. just like that. it was there. shit. thats my sad story. i'm never going to do it again. fuckers.

I hella use that term as much as I can when i visit other places just to prove a point.

Northern california...it is a way of life