HELICOPTERS!?!?!?!?

DayzOfViolencEKREW

so i rarely get spooked cause i always know my surroundings right?....and then tonight im bombin away and a helicopter flys by, i think nothing of it until it doesnt leave and keeps circling where i am (no spot light by the way) so i hide under a truck for a hot one and it keeps hovering and i was kinda rattled so i bounced out hella quick....

moral of the story- im assuming they were using infared cameras or something...can those see through shit like a semitruck or what, how good are those things BECAUSE I HAVE A UNFINISHED BOMB JUST CHILLEN

hollaback

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PHYNE

some cities ghetto birds have heat sensors....so even no spot like means they can still see you......we got one here ,fuck a ghetto bird!!!!!!

I FOUND THIS:

Germany:

“BERLIN (Reuters) - The German government says it has started deploying police helicopters equipped with infrared cameras to catch graffiti artists at night despite criticism they are grossly over-reacting.

Interior Ministry spokesman Rainer Lingenthal said the new operations to catch vandals in the act had been successful.

But a leader of the Greens party Hans-Christian Stroebele, said the “James Bond” style manhunts were totally over the top.

In a recent incident a motorcyclist was killed when he was hit by a police car chasing a graffiti artist.

“We’ve got to stop the graffiti hysteria,” said Stroebele, a member of parliament for Berlin. “We need prudent measures against graffiti, which is annoying and illegal. But we don’t need wild manhunts in central Berlin with scenes from a James Bond film.”

Lingenthal defended the use of the high-tech border patrol helicopters in Berlin and Cologne, where eight graffiti artists were detained this week. He said graffiti cost billions of pounds in damage in Germany every year.”

THIS ARTICLE ALSO MENTIONED THE USE OF INFARED TO KEEP WRITERS OUT OF THE YARDS IN NYC:

There was a time when New York City had some of the dirtiest and most dangerous subway lines in the world. But those times now seem long gone.

Roderick O'Toole remembers riding a subway with so much graffiti he could not see out of the windows. Now, as a Supervisor of the 24-hour a day Transit Complex at Coney Island, part of O'Toole's job is making sure that at least four of the city's subway lines remain spotless.

But calling the place a Transit Complex makes it sound like a parking garage. They Coney Island Yards, as it is know to the workers, is a massive 75-acre facility capable of building, overhauling, recycling and cleaning the city's 5,803 subway cars. It is the largest and most complete subway facility in the city.

The place is also home to the city's only automatic car wash for trains. Monday through Friday, three shifts a day, subway cars line up on the tracks leading to the wash building for an exterior cleaning.

A cable, attached to a small sliding piece of steel nicknamed "the rabbit" pulls carriages into a 200-yard concrete tunnel for their weekly scrubbing. A large sign posted on the outside of the building lets the employees know the speed limit is set at two miles per hour.

Each week between 800 and 900 cars a week, more then 90 percent of the carriages in the W, Q, and N lines that the Coney Island car wash is responsible for cleaning, get scrubbed much like automobiles in a car wash. The ten percent that are not washed are usually undergoing repairs or inspections.

O'Toole is proud to point out that only the first and last 10 yards of the tunnel are actually used for cleaning. The rest of the tunnel, which used to be used for cleaning off graffiti, now looks like an empty subway platform.

For water, the yards are able to switch between reservoir water and well water. The well water, according to workers, does not get the cars as clean, but during water crises, like the one New York is now facing, it means that water usage does not need to be a major concern.

The cleaning up of New York's subways has been attributed to many factors, including former Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani's "quality of life" campaign, which targeted crime in the city. But it is hard to walk around the Coney Island Yards without seeing that much of the credit belongs to the facility itself.

"There's no kids coming into the yards to paint their murals anymore," explained O'Toole, in his strong but amiable New York accent. "It's much more secure than it used to be."

People used to simply stroll into the facility. Arial photos from twenty years ago show dozens of old rusting carriages and trash sitting on rows and rows of parallel tracks. Today, the Yards are now surrounded by double cyclone fencing and topped by six strands of barbed wire. Coiled around the barbed wire, and filling the gap between the cyclone fences, are rolls and rolls of razor wire.

Evidence of recently cut slits in the cyclone fence reveals that even with all of the security measures, vandals are still attempting to break in. According to O'Toole, at one point the police even experimented with a remote control helicopter equipped with an infrared camera to patrol the area.

But physical security isn't everything. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority, which runs the yards and the subway system, also uses different materials in the trains themselves to combat graffiti. Stainless steel carriage exteriors allow workers to use new highly effective graffiti removing sprays. Tempered glass, which scratches less easily than Plexiglas, is being phased back into subway carriages.

A new product, which is currently being tested, resurfaces glass that has been scratched. If the product works out, initials scratched on windows may soon become a less common sight on subway windows.

Subway cars themselves have also been redesigned for ease of cleaning. Every car gets cleaned on the inside at the end of each run. Each F train car that pulls into the Coney Island's Stillwell Avenue terminus, for example, gets inspected and washed on the inside.

According to Straphangers, a subway rider interest group, the city's subways are getting cleaner. A "State of the Subway" report card released by the group last year said that "system-wide, the percentage of subway cars with clean seats and floors increased from 75 percent to 85 percent." An annual report on subway cleanliness released last year used a different rating system but noted a similar improvement concluding that 47 percent of New York City subway cars clean, a 15 percent rise from the year before.

According to O'Toole, the cleaning turns up some unusual items. "Probably just about everything you've ever seen has been found at some point in time," said O'Toole. He listed a bizarre list of items including a bag of snakes, rats, guns and sadly, an occasional dead person, adding, "We have unique set of scenarios for those things." After reports surfaced several years ago that a homeless man had ridden one train on multiple runs after having died, many of the scenarios now involve the police.

Coordinating all of the lettered trains, such as the A, C, E, and F lines, is handled by controllers in "Tower B," a four story building topped with a glass lookout room. Three shifts of workers sit in front of control boards that look like equipment from NASA historical video footage. The resemblance is not a coincidence, the control boards were built in 1969, the same year the Apollo 11 mission resulted in the first person stepping foot on the moon.

But keeping the subways clean has not been enough to keep ridership up. Before last September an average of 4.7 million passengers rode the subway each weekday. Today that number is down to 4.2 million.

And when the cars become too old to rebuild, repair, or refurbish they are stripped of parts and fluids and cleaned one last time at the Coney Island Yards before being placed on barges. The current final resting place for New York's subways is off of the Georgia coast. They are sunk for use as artificial reefs.

EH......YEAH i say when in doubt bounce out....if the bird is concerned.....

Yeah, that seems to be the best poiicy when it comes to that, I remember doing leaners off the top of a tanker car with Anger, and one just kept hovering..I figured they were probably dispatching a cruiser, so we bounced..oddly, it didn't try chasing us.But it is just a trippy situation when you don't know if they've seen you or not.Best to just get the fuck out, caution is key.

Originally posted by SpanishBrown1704.CMK.@Jun 26 2005, 09:18 AM

Yeah, that seems to be the best poiicy when it comes to that, I remember doing leaners off the top of a tanker car with Anger, and one just kept hovering..I figured they were probably dispatching a cruiser, so we bounced..oddly, it didn't try chasing us.But it is just a trippy situation when you don't know if they've seen you or not.Best to just get the fuck out, caution is key.

Chicago right? weird.. same shit happened about 2 months ago. we were painting a freight during the day and a helicopter showed up and circled and hovered directly above us for several minutes. we kept on painting thinking that they wouldn't be wasting their money on a helicopter trying to catch us lil old graffiti writers. it freaked us out a bit but eventually the helicopter did leave and we finished our pieces with no problem or chase. i wonder if it was the same place?

it's just funny that anybody would waste all of this time, money and energy trying to catch graffiti writers.

• 3 weeks later...

just go by yourself a japanese radio (i forgoten the make)then you can hear what the cops say on there radio's i live near an airfield so i know they work and they pick up taxis, cop cars and all kinds of stuff....ill findout the stores name and ill post up the stores name and radio make.....andits only like 10-15quid/20-30 dollars

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by streetfactory+Aug 1 2005, 09:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (streetfactory - Aug 1 2005, 09:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>:rolleyes: <!--QuoteBegin-CACashRefund@Jun 18 2005, 10:41 AM

Ive had that happen to me but that was because we were in a huge railyard and i guess they were trying to crack down on graffiti or someshit.

o yea i belive that one buddy :rolleyes:

[/b]

You believe it? Awesome!! My life is now complete!

well shit. why not. If they have the aircraft then they have the money for infared lenses. Fortunatly from the sky and with them cameras without spotlights it may be difficult for them to prove you were doing anything more serious than loitering. Im feeling that run like hell and finish in a few days idea.

If they are on it like that they will most certainly bust your ass and charge you hefty fines to help pay for that shit.

• 3 weeks later...