HEAVY METAL.

High Priest

http://www.pjfarmer.com/simages/hmsep81.jpg'>

I dont know how many 12ozer's have had a chance to see this film, but for those who havent you should def. check it out. I think i probably saw it first when i was about 8 and i doubt i understood any of it, aside from liking the music and certain parts of the film..

Anyway, im not much of a speaker.. so here's a review on the film:

Teen fave "Heavy Metal' back and as gross as ever

Barry Walters, EXAMINER STAFF CRITIC

Friday, March 8, 1996

'80s cartoon gets digital sound

IN THE early '80s, when the Parents' Music Resource Center threatened to sanitize rock 'n' roll, "Heavy Metal" - a teen-targeted feature cartoon of horror, sex and sorcery - was exactly the kind of pop culture creation that flipped out moral guardians. It was raunchy, violent, pro-drug, chock full of hard rock and teens loved it.

"Heavy Metal" has gone on to become Columbia's most popular film on the midnight circuit, even as its video has gone out of print.

This ongoing popularity has inspired the powers that be to bring back "Heavy Metal" in a special theatrical release with pristine new prints boasting digital sound. (It opens Friday at the Kabuki.)

But like "Rocky Horror Picture Show," "Heavy Metal" makes most sense as a midnight weekend feature, when many of its viewers are likely to be herbally and chemically addled. Without the help of intoxicants, "Heavy Metal" comes across as what it is - a wildly sophomoric and stupid cartoon celebrating gore, rape and bad music.

Inspired by the masturbation- material-meets-dungeons-and- dragons mentality of Heavy Metal magazine, the cartoon brings together several stories linked by the Loch-nar, a radiant green orb that embodies evil and bounces across the centuries, inspiring much greed, decapitation and bad sex. Obviously there was an edict that every adult female in these stories must have massive breasts and instantly disrobe before they are vaporized or worse.

Although the soundtrack boasts big names (including such non-heavy-types as Donald Fagen, Stevie Nicks and Devo), the songs included are sub-standard duds that sound even more laughable now than they did in 1981. The rest of this movie would be just as foolish if it wasn't so gross.<

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Own it on vhs. It’s damn good. I watch it at least three times a year. I can never get sick of it, really.

The magazine rocks, too. Kevin Eastman is married to Julie Strain. Also, have any of you guys checked the old Ninja Turtle comics? My cousins used to collect them. Mad violent.

Originally posted by JUDONO?

this movie is tight i like the part when the aliens are doing coke

so has anyone seen "Heavy Metal 2000"?

a horrible farce...on par with Jason X

Heavy Metal was a pretty cool movie for it's time. I saw it as a bootleg someone taped off of HBO and the scene with the WW2 B-52 bomber overun by the undead is the best part of the movie.

And yes, lot's of big boobies

• 3 years later...