has anyone noticed 'the white stripes' are just a bad beattles rip off band?

seeking

maybe im wrong on this, but after listening to them a bit, they just sound like a bad, lo-fi version of the beatles. not that they are particularly bad necessarily, i just dont see why anyone thinks they're so good. perhaps one of you can enlighten me...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

yet another "im cool because i listen to this band" band. go back to the 60s and take the strokes with you. take your hip scenester wannabe fans with you too!

Guest imported_Tesseract

That band and the strokes suck, suck and suck. To be honest i dont think they suck because they do what they do, they suck cause they allow to be played out by some company and like the idea to be promoted as 'bands that play pure rock" meaning that its ok to sound exactly like the stones and the beatles.

BET: at about 2 or 3 months, a debate will start among them. The good ol' scenario, you all remember oasis and blur right?

Anyway, if it is that someone wants to hear that kind of music, the dandy warhols are better.

...hmmm....i think your arguement would make more sense seeking if you compared them to the early blues style of the rolling stone/led zepplin....which one can easily fend off by saying they have a strong root in rock and roll...but not the beatles....however personally i like them....following a strokes discussion, i came across a one of their cds this weekend...and well for one, only having a drum and guitar, aside form harmonics and piano, is not only a fucking challenge but also is somewhat refreshing...i happen to dig their sounds...and their songs...strokes had become the band i hate to like...what can i say, as much as all the shit we talked about kills me, when i put the cd in and im doing 90 on the highway im not thinking about elite talent agency...white stripes i dont think have the pr machine behind them, i just think that as far as pop goes you could be witnessing another paradign shift...such as one we witnessed back in seattle in late 91....just a thought....

yeah, i dont particularly dislike the white stripes like i do the strokes, and even that im willing to chalk up to just complete and total 'player hating' on my part.... my problem isnt that the white stripes are 'bad', simply that they are not doing anything 'new' at all. they're just recycling a sound from the past. and while that is cool and all, i just dont get what all the hype is about? and since they are 'home town heros' i should be more supportive i guess, but 'ill be honest, i never heard shit from them in my town till they got big... i dont know... to each his own.

Archived