hardcore shows

blahblahblah

i haven't been to one in about 6 years and tonight, there i was.

The thing i don't remember about it is.....did kids always do karate moves? i was caught slippin for a second by a wicked bad karate chop and looked back and mad kids were doing roundhouse kicks and going nuts. is this normal? should they seek the help of "lord-core" bands everywhere?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blood as ink

no it's been happening for a few years...i noticed it about 3 years ago.it's fuckin' funny to watch...but i hate it when they hit you and then get in your face about.most hardcore kids are dicks anyway...jocks that listen to punk rock...that's about it.

i went and saw rambo awhile back and it was so crazy...if you know the band rambo you know what i'm talking about...but all the kids were trying to do that but failed they were slipping and falling and getting trampled.

good times.

Guest got tha feva

i just love it when someone's in mid spin kick floorpunch combination and the music stops. they always look so stupid 'dancing' so violently all alone in the quiet crowd. or the people who just do a series of moves and have no rhythm or beat what-so-ever.. it's just showing off, it has nothing to do with enjoying the band. kids don't even finger point anymore, wtf.

PruDE

I don't know what city you're from but at least here in cleveland (where the only scene i appreciate here is our hardcore scene,) kids don't "MOSH"... kids dance their fuckin ass off to hardcore... and yes, karate chopping is permitted in my opinion.

the last hardcore show i went to was integrity's last show (ok, hardcore metal) at peabody's... I was pulling shit out a lot harder than karate chops... such as.. the robot, the uprock, fuck, even the lawnmower.. come on guy!

at least here, the higher the jumpkicks, the more respect points! lol

fuck my friends.

I'm missing my friend's band Counterattack and Trust No One. (South Florida Hardcore show,)..Comin' Correct was supposed to play , but i think something happened and that is not for sure.............god damn bitch fag friends.............

and prude, people down here finger point, pile up, slam, karatae kick, .........all that good shit.

You shouldve seen the pits for Stretch Arm Strong. Shit was fucking nuts. Like one huge swell of people, bodies, and arms.

Guest serpent of the light

dude, hardcore is all about crazy mindless dance moves. its just another way of letting your energy out, same as moshing, or break dancing. simple windmills and fingerpointing is still the best.

outsider kids always mock it. usually they go to one hc show and decide we're all "jocks who listen to punk rock" because they start disrespecting our shit, or blowing smoke around. hell yeah, i start shit with punk rockers at hardcore shows when they're stupid about shit. its the same when i got to a punk show and make fun of their silly haircuts. its how it works, don't label hc a scene of fascists, cuz its the same shit in every scene.

I went up to Omaha to see AN, Converge and the Hope Conspiracy. Not many people danced for Hope Conspiracy, which is a shame cause they are really good....tough guy mosh right there. AN was pretty fun, I was up front and Wes fell off the stage right on this midget guy next to me, but Converge who played last was the most insane show I have seen. I stood against the wall on this bench so I could just stay back and watch the madness. The whole place went nutts and Jake was swinging the mic around and drilled some kid stage diving in the back with it. Fucking metal.

As for the dancing, I love it. Its so fun to just go fucking nutts and throw punches during the breakdown of a good band. The only problem is those stupid nu-metal kids or kids who mock hardcore dancing and just shove and run around bashing into peopl; just getting in the way. They automatically get slain. Hardcore Pride! T.Y.F.

i was at a show last summer and one of those karate chopping/punchin fools just ran up on me and started trying to push me and punch me, im just the regular joe tryiing to watch the show and this clown proceeds to try and i guess you could call it dance by punching me, needless to say, this asshole who thought he was tough or in style with his new wave dancing, ended up with a black eye and his ass on the floor. when im trying to watch a show i dont want some asshole punching me, and if he does he should expect a mean punch in the head. tt does not like this "dancing" as the kids are calling it these days.

Originally posted by PopGunWar

t.t...... agreed. thats why i stick to raves. haha boo beep booo beep boo beep.:crazy:

yeah i can just see you bloop bleeping all night long to the amazing sounds and neon colours. bleep bloop bee bop bloop bleep boop boo be doop:crazy:

all of you are sleeping on THE WALL OF DEATH. back in the day, when everyone was showing off their latest kick boxing moves, get a whole buncha people and join at the shoulders with you arms around each other to form a long wall. now just walk across the whole dance floor knocking everyone over in the way.

and don't forget stage diving onto the calm people standing in the corner by the stage.

recognoze the real hardcore!!!!!!

Originally posted by onesandzeros

hey zackattack, you went to that integrity show? it actually happened? how was it? I wouldve traveled all the way out there, but i figured dwid is too sketchy to make that trip.

In the scene I'm from, dancing looks more like a barfight set to music. huzzah.

unfortunately the rest of the bands were (very) metal. - this brought two different crowds together and that made it a wierd show.. half the kids were hc and the other were stupid metal kids... needless to say there was an onslaught of booing and hissing during the stupid metal bands.

integrity was good though... and as always there was a handful of firecrackers thrown around to stir things up.. they played for about an hour (from what i remember). this show wasn't nearly half as hard as the last show of Grudgematch at SpeaknTongues.... uhhh...that was sooooooo goooooooooood! mr bojangles you're comin with next time.

backwards toe touch, stage dive to sing-a-long finger point and the occasional pick up change.....yeah.....niggas know pick up change.....niggas know.....

i swear, i left my scene for 2 years and my first show back i felt like i was chaperone at a high school dance.....bah, kids cant handle anything these days.....

i was into hardcore back in the late 80's early 90's...Heres a list of the best hardcore/ punk shows i went to:

Gorilla Biscuits-Start Today tour @ Reseda Country Club, CA

Bad Brains- Quickness Tour @ Reseda Country Club, CA

Inside Out- @ Toe Jams in Longbeach CA

INSTED- Last show @ Spanky's Cafe, Riverside CA

Circle Jerks- @ UCLA

Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood Tour, SF

Slap Shop, No For An Answer- @ Whisky, Hollywood

7 Seconds, Adolenscent, Insted, No For An Answer-

@ Reseda Country Club, CA

word....

Originally posted by serpent of the light

dude, hardcore is all about crazy mindless dance moves. its just another way of letting your energy out, same as moshing, or break dancing. simple windmills and fingerpointing is still the best..

god you have it so down....

simple fingerpointing i think says it all, but I am all about floorpunching and windmills too....

Archived