Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

hardcore shows

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by blahblahblah, Jan 4, 2002.

1. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Veteran Member

i haven't been to one in about 6 years and tonight, there i was.

The thing i don't remember about it is.....did kids always do karate moves? i was caught slippin for a second by a wicked bad karate chop and looked back and mad kids were doing roundhouse kicks and going nuts. is this normal? should they seek the help of "lord-core" bands everywhere?

2. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

no it's been happening for a few years...i noticed it about 3 years ago.it's fuckin' funny to watch...but i hate it when they hit you and then get in your face about.most hardcore kids are dicks anyway...jocks that listen to punk rock...that's about it.

i went and saw rambo awhile back and it was so crazy...if you know the band rambo you know what i'm talking about...but all the kids were trying to do that but failed they were slipping and falling and getting trampled.

good times.

3. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

Remeber the floorpunch????????the axe kick?

Fuck that karate shit.......

4. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Ever see the back-flips? Those are fucked up.

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i mostly go to hip hop shows, so i'm used to seeing either breakdancing (strange enough in itself) or head-nodding, but that karate shit sounds hilarious.

6. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

i went to a locust concert a while back and saw a kid get locked in a pile driver, no joke... crazy ass wwf fans

7. got tha feva

got tha feva Guest

i just love it when someone's in mid spin kick floorpunch combination and the music stops. they always look so stupid 'dancing' so violently all alone in the quiet crowd. or the people who just do a series of moves and have no rhythm or beat what-so-ever.. it's just showing off, it has nothing to do with enjoying the band. kids don't even finger point anymore, wtf.

PruDE

8. stentoria

stentoria New Jack

the best is when you pick up someone and have them start kicking and then just run into the side of the crowd. either that or full out front flips.

9. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

fuck that karate bulllpuckey...

gimme the skank all night long.

10. ZackAttack

ZackAttack Senior Member

I don't know what city you're from but at least here in cleveland (where the only scene i appreciate here is our hardcore scene,) kids don't "MOSH"... kids dance their fuckin ass off to hardcore... and yes, karate chopping is permitted in my opinion.

the last hardcore show i went to was integrity's last show (ok, hardcore metal) at peabody's... I was pulling shit out a lot harder than karate chops... such as.. the robot, the uprock, fuck, even the lawnmower.. come on guy!

at least here, the higher the jumpkicks, the more respect points! lol

11. Harpo Marx

Harpo Marx Senior Member

jumpkicks are fun...
    insane style points to whoever gets in the middle of the pit and does The Sprinkler

12. onesandzeros

onesandzeros Member

hey zackattack, you went to that integrity show? it actually happened? how was it? I wouldve traveled all the way out there, but i figured dwid is too sketchy to make that trip.

In the scene I'm from, dancing looks more like a barfight set to music. huzzah.

13. George Dubyah Bush

George Dubyah Bush Senior Member

fuck my friends.

I'm missing my friend's band Counterattack and Trust No One. (South Florida Hardcore show,)..Comin' Correct was supposed to play , but i think something happened and that is not for sure.............god damn bitch fag friends.............

and prude, people down here finger point, pile up, slam, karatae kick, .........all that good shit.

You shouldve seen the pits for Stretch Arm Strong. Shit was fucking nuts. Like one huge swell of people, bodies, and arms.

14. dude, hardcore is all about crazy mindless dance moves. its just another way of letting your energy out, same as moshing, or break dancing. simple windmills and fingerpointing is still the best.

outsider kids always mock it. usually they go to one hc show and decide we're all "jocks who listen to punk rock" because they start disrespecting our shit, or blowing smoke around. hell yeah, i start shit with punk rockers at hardcore shows when they're stupid about shit. its the same when i got to a punk show and make fun of their silly haircuts. its how it works, don't label hc a scene of fascists, cuz its the same shit in every scene.

15. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Veteran Member

see, what used to be the shit was "chopping" aka- riding a fake motorcycle around. and then running into the side where everyone was standing still, but this was all during the 13 year old days. I don't know about all the karate....kinda freaks me out.