Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

hardcore or emo

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dyptheria, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

can someone turn an old timer on to some new bands?

as far as hardcore goes, i hate hopesfall and poison the well. boy set fire is a little too cheesy. i liked charles bronson, angel hair, honeywell, acme, swing kids, older rye coalition, etc...
    the last thing i liked was Refused (post victory) (aside from the nation of ulysses aesthetic rip off, which takes a liitle away from them)
    don't tell me about hatebreed or and earth crisis type shit. if you're not familiar with the bands i mentioned, you like a different school of hardcore that i can't stand. just stay out of this thread

as far as emo, if you thinking of stuff like The get up kids, dashboard confessional, or saves the day, please also keep your mouth shut on this one. I liked stuff like Still LIfe, Policy of Three, Unwound.

i wanna download a song or two, then actually buy the whole record if its good.

maybe there's at least three of you that knows what kind of music i'm talking about

2. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

Um i dunno if you will like this or not but its my best try.

Thrice - pheonix ignition

3. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

4. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

Suburban bum- thanks for the recommend
    rage- you have inferior musical taste.

5. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

kill the man who questions

i was told that if you like refused then you should check out the liars

but i havent had a chance to listen to any of their stuff.

6. binaryheresy

binaryheresy Member

7. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

umm just throwing some names out

alkaline trio

fifteen

8. HELLSATAN

HELLSATAN Guest

RAMBO-get the song "wall of death the system" or "U bar justice"

REINFORCE is pretty good if you like posi type 7 seconds stuff

ummmm HAYMAKER is some pretty pissed off hardcore

OXBAKER is awesome thrash stuff

thats all

9. AeRoSoL JuNkiE

AeRoSoL JuNkiE Elite Member

dashboard confessional is a damn boy band...

10. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

bane. strongpoint. shai hulud. and...........shai hulud. bane.......shai hulud. and silent majority. and bane. and shai hulud.

emo? um.....i dunno.....mineral?

11. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

i think its funny how you all want the most underground of the underground

just listen to what you like. its funny, any person you find someone will always find someone who's tastes are more "hardcore" or "emo" than the next person.

12. mafIAkilla

mafIAkilla Guest

yes,i find that interesting also.....take thursday for example.....when they were underground,everyone was buzzing about how great they were,but then they got on MTV and all of a sudden its not so cool to wear that thursday shirt anymore.....i never liked thursday anyways tho.....when it comes to hardcore i just stick to my dillenger escape plan,hopesfall,and poison the well.....

13. When

When 12oz Loyalist

go download some Gluecifer

its neither hardcore nor emo but hey just give it a try

14. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

or jucifer for that matter

15. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

i don't know who you're referring to, as for me, i'm just looking for music that matches my taste. i'm too old to have some elitist attitude based on the type of music i like. i'm not satisfied with hopesfall because their sound and the vibe they put out are pretty weak, not because of their fame.

bruno, thanks for the recommends. those two groups are right up my alley (i think).

binary, good job supplying the links.

mineral and fifteen are bands i listened to five years ago. i'm looking for new stuff.

anyway, thanks everyone for your input. you guys rock :p