HAPPY EDGE DAY

footsoldier

thats right today is edge day...if you dont know what it is then dont bother asking..if you think its stupid than eat a dick. today this ones for us. edge kids have been dropping like flies so if your still down, then be proud to be fuckin straaaaaaaight.

HAPPY FUCKIN EDGE DAY.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hey guys, its cool to poison yourself in the name of temporary fun!!!, wooo. fuck that. i don't care who the fuck does drugs, but why do kids (as above) find it necessary to say that they do infact fit into the societal drowning pool? is it cool? does it make you feel good about yourself that you're just like the heavy majority of this stupid nation?

edge edge edge.

hey dudes. Did you know that its hardcore and totally righteous to label yourself with X's on your hands while at the same time shamelessly promoting violence and close mindedness. Man that new earth crisis record totally put those pot smoking, problem causing nobody's in their place. Well got to go, i should probably be getting back to contributing to the digression of society by stabbing that dude drinking a beer over there! Niled to tha X (or nailed to th ignorance, something like that)

.........:D

oh and by the way all you fancy edgers, Ian McCay isn't straight edge anymore, he grew up and realized he was wasting his time (saw him gettin drunk at Mac Rock, no shit!)

Guest illwill

one thing i dont understand. most people do not parade around congradulating themselves on not being straight edge. why do straight edge people have to make it a big deal? i drink too much and occaisionaly do drugs. and i dont run around yelling, hey look at me, ive got a broken edge! im thinking about quiting everything, however i doubt i will ever call myself straight edge.

Tre Loco your the stereotipical I don't know shit about the straightedge community guy. I think everyone knows Ian isn't straightedge anymore. I personally have seen him with a needle sticking out of his arm. Just because you only hear of the random outbursts and derogatory acts of straightedge kids doesn't mean that all of us are like that. I am a pretty open minded guy. I fight whenever I feel it is necessary. Do I fight people cause they are drunk or high? NO. Unless they do something stupid. If a straightedge kid does the same stupid thing I'd fight them too. I don't care whether people are edge or not. Everyone has their own thing. Until you know all of us don't drop us into a sterotype that we are all the same.

-Dezn

CXCB

straightedge for life

"hey guys, its cool to poison yourself in the name of temporary fun!!!!"

I hate to burst your self-righteous bubble, but LIFE = TEMPORARY FUN

and as far as being "poison free" goes, the world around you is filling your little body with poisons faster than you could ever do intentionally.

curved centre for life!:rolleyes:

why do edgers congratulate eachother?: it is encouragement to stand stronger against this bullshit world that is pressuring us to fall in line with their ways. simple fact is, that happens, look at the amount of selling out that happens in the sXe scene. i'm glad to see other kids that have risen above all that. props to those who do. props to the shit you take for being edge. strength through unity. thats how it works. not such difficult concept.

telling people i don't use poison is important. its a lifetime committment than i have made and it means a lot to me. i've lost friends, cut-off family, changed my life because of it. the kids that use poison in such manner have made no such stand, they just don't respect their own bodies. most people aren't into bragging up the fact that they hold no respect to themselves. :idea:

how many beer drinkers do you know have been stabbed by edge kids (in the name of edge)? probably none. what is closed minded about being sXe? the fact that we don't kill ourselves? is there any direct edge 'doctrine' claiming violence??? no. thats a part of the hardcore and punk music scene. violence has always been there, how come when straight edgers use violence its called fucked up and elitist and fascist etc, but when a non edge kid beats up rick ta life nobody says anything about the aggressors mental stance? because the kids making such accusations against sXe are fucking idiots, hypocrites, and aren't thinking about their so called arguments.

i have no idea why its edge day. i think every scene around the country has a designated day as edge day, and i don't think any of them are the same. haha.

dezn: i didn't know 12 oz had courage kids on it. props to you guys. courage is dead in denver as far as the last year. it sucks.

i am not an elitist, i'm just sick of idiocy. people bring on childish arguments expecting serious answers and are offended when they're not given the time. its ridiculous.

haha, the sterotype that every edge kid is a violent miltant close minded asshole is fuckin stupid. maybe if you live in slc, syracuse, or havent been to a show since 1994 then you might have a little bit of a reason for thinking that...and as for earth crisis, no self respecting person would have listened to their last 3 or 4 records, so your comment shows your a fuckin tool bag. but anyway, usually you would never even know i was edge unless you asked..most of my friends arent straight edge. but today is edge day and im proud to be straight edge, if you have a problem with that then you should go fist yourself.

fyi: its edge day because its the annivversary of the last 10 yard fight show...its kinda a joke..kinda not...

but fuck all the haters, IM STILL PROUD TO BE FUCKIN STRAIGHT

Originally posted by SkyDancer666

life is far more than temporary fun. if you haven't discovered more than that, i'm sorry for you.

your poison free comment was one of those childish arguments i mentioned.

no, your body IS being poisoned every day, deal with it

Life is temporary. MY life is fun, if your life isn't because you've "discovered more than that", I'm sorry for you.

umm.....ok. i find "edge-day" about as horrendously stupid as fucking 420. which i hate with an undying passion. im really sorry, but having a day to celebrate doing drugs (particularly marijuana...) is about as cool as having a day to celebrate not doing drugs. as soon as i was informed of this shit last week the stupid-crap meter in my head went off. it does that alot.

but seriously, why the fuck do we need this? to take pride in it? hahaha...im sorry, but if you need to set aside a seperate day to celebrate your being sXe then your truly pathetic...its no longer about you...its about feeling some sort of silly need to announce to the world that your edge. and that goes beyond mere pride in my eyes into the realm of seeking un-neccesary acceptance. every day is "edgeday" in my head because im not doing shit. and guess what? im proud of it enough to not have to fucking keep reminding people of my own beliefs.

im sure some people (coughcoughskydancercough) will want to point out.......again....that im a pathetic lowlife with no beliefs whos not proud of who i am. so i'll save you the trouble and just go ahead and shout out a big "whatever." to you right now.

in summary: "edgeday" = about as cool as "420".

both fucking stupid.

oh, and i was told today was the day that ten yard fight broke up. like i could give a fuck.

i'm aware i'm being poisoned every breath i take. every drink of water i take. ever time the sun beams down on me, i die a little more. hell, i even 'do graffitti' for chissake. lord knows thats killing me too. stop bringing up such idiotic petty bullshit, every sxe kid has heard that crap. every non edge kid has said it to a sXe kid, nobody fucking cares.

life is temporary. my life is fucking awesome. but thats not all their is to it. that was my point. things far grander than a good time are available to you.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I always find it amusing how everytime the hardcore edgers are asked why they must be so quick to have to announce their edgeness, they mention all the terrible shit they've gone through, the friends they've lost, and the families they've left behind to be able to call themselves straightedge and feel a sense of self-respect.

I'll save myself the trouble and have a beer, thank you.

Big ups to Tyler for not buying into the bullshit and just doing his thing. Beer,

El Mamerro

stop bringing up such idiotic petty bullshit, every sxe kid has heard that crap. every non edge kid has said it to a sXe kid, nobody fucking cares.

you've GOT to be kidding. Every non-edge kid with edge friends has heard YOUR crap, and none of US care either.

life is temporary. my life is fucking awesome. but thats not all their is to it. that was my point. things far grander than a good time are available to you.

says you, fundie. you sound like a scientology recruiter

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

umm.....ok. i find "edge-day" about as horrendously stupid as fucking 420. which i hate with an undying passion

damn fucking right.

i hate all the kids that are like, duuuuuuude...its 420...its time to get hiiiiiigh..

fuck that. when i rolled with my crew we got high ALL FUCKING DAY. why wait for 420?

well, we did that sometimes, but not always. i just think parading around with pot leafs and 420 on everything is far gayer than sXe. i can respect most sXe kids, cause im friends with a lot. most of them dont go pushing the shit in my face. and they also laugh at the kids that pull that shit (both the 420 kids and the sXe kids that are all pushy about that shit..)

props to the shit you take for being edge.

funny, i know people who basically adhere to what is considered straight edge without labeling themselves as such, and they take no 'shit' for their abstinance.

the kids that use poison in such manner have made no such stand, they just don't respect their own bodies. most people aren't into bragging up the fact that they hold no respect to themselves.

that's kind of a high and mighty claim to make, saying that people who have or do use drugs or drink have no respect for themselves.

what is closed minded about being sXe? the fact that we don't kill ourselves?

i think that when you resort to passive agressive attacks on people who don't conform to your own set of values you come off as close-minded. just because you consider drugs/alcohol/permiscuous sex to be indicators of no moral character/self-respect doesn't mean everyone else feels the same, which kind of invalidates your statement about self respect.

i know this is a really big stretch, but what do you think of cultures in which people use hallucinogenic drugs as a part of religion, or even in shamanistic practices? because they are 'poisoning' their bodies do these people (for whom hallucinogens are sometimes an integral part of their culture) have no self respect? maybe it's too much of a stretch, i admit i don't know a whole lot about straight edge, though i do have some friends who are edge.

i am not an elitist, i'm just sick of idiocy.

i'm hoping that was a sarcastic joke..

btw what most of what i was saying was just questions for thought, i'm not trying to argue for any particular side or anything.

why do edgers congratulate eachother?: it is encouragement to stand stronger against this bullshit world that is pressuring us to fall in line with their ways. simple fact is, that happens, look at the amount of selling out that happens in the sXe scene. i'm glad to see other kids that have risen above all that. props to those who do. props to the shit you take for being edge. strength through unity. thats how it works. not such difficult concept.

ok. im sorry, i promised myself i wouldnt respond to this thread again, but i just caught this shit and once again feel the need to voice myself in a very asshole-ish manner. ready? here goes:

what in the FUCK are you thinking? sweet jesus...heres a concept that i can think of which goes against much of what you just said and makes a hell of alot more sense than any of the points that your trying to make...which are, i might add....blindly regurgitated (sp?) jibbah jabbah that i've heard every one of the stupid edge kids here ever say....if you need other people to hold you up, then your a failure...the concept was presented by revs in his interview in "the vapors" (sorry i dont know the exact wording...) but yeah.....seriously. thats whats wrong with the entire hardcore scene and the sXe scene in large parts as well....its a bunch of people who equal little or nothing on their own all desperately trying to hold each other up and make each other feel good about their mundane existance.

i might be exxagerating a taddle, and this goes for more things than just sXe kids. but im just tired of these cookie cutter kids running around telling me how i should act. and dont say you arent, because i get enough of little hints dropped to me in person around my way. and skydancer, your whole attitude with kids who arent sXe comes off EXTREMELY condesending here. so dont even claim to be one of the kids who doesnt preach to non sXe kids, because you clearly are.

i guess, my whole point about all this crap is that people need to start holding themselves up and not depend on a "scene" to do it for them. as much as you hate to admit it, that scene wont be with you forever.

"thats how it works. not such difficult concept."

Archived