happy birthday to the doctor of gonzo journalism

mental invalid

...god bless hunter thompson...he is 64 today...may the man live to be 101 and still be swearing, smoking, riding with the hells angels, and firing his guns into the midnight sky, while the cig dangles from his crooked smile....r

some quotes i found:

"The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others --- the living --- are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between Now and Later...."

"Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era --- the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run ... but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant...."

"History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of "history" it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody really understands at the time --- and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."

"We had two bags of Grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cacaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.... also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls... but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge.."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

may he live to 101 is right! If he goes insane from the long term affects of his life of intense drug use we may never know cause he's such a crazy sonofabitch to begin with.

read a biography on the guy if you like his work....he's had a strange intresting life...

here I am Ese, and yeah, god bless Uncle Doc, but I'm not sure you guys realize that on the daily, he's not doing too well lately, so please, include him in your prayers, he needs strength...

------------------

2 Can Sam

Guest professor poopatronic

ahh yes. hunter thompson spent a lot of time in my city, and his effect can definately be felt. mark twain used to throw lit cigars off the roof of the oldest hotel in town. and my friend lives next door to allen ginsberg's old house. anyways....

....bump for the insanity....

thanks for the link poop man bob....

smart, either im gullible or is he really your uncle? oh man im setting my self up!

yeah i wanna fucking be back in SF and live next to ginsberg's house....love that guy too...huge influence on my writing too...

...and yeah may the gods bless him doubley...

...in a world of so much shit and fake repulsive beings, this man come outta of nowhere and instilled into faith that there are men out there capable of being real.....aside from the rampant drug use, which i can only dream about, the man is has of the keenest senses of perception i have come across...campaign of 72, if you like politics is one of the most indepth looks at our presidential elections that i have ever read...i could go on and on and on and on...god bless you mr. thompson....

i used to see those bumper stickers that said "WWJD"(what would jesus do) and i one day will spin my own "WWHTD"...live it on the edge.....r

"it wasnt fast enough"

Archived