handstyle (constructive criticism)

casekonly

http://www.mayhemupload.com/images/casek1.jpg'>

i've been writing this for quite some time, and i feel like i haven't gone much of anywhere with my handstyle. i guess i just got used to writing my name this way and never tried to expand on it. i'm really only looking for constructive thoughts on how i might improve my handstyle, so the "you sucks," etc, can just kinda chill with it, or atleast say something more. maybe a "you suck, because..." type thing...

like i said, i've been writing this same way for years now, and it just grew on me. maybe it's meant to be this way the whole time, or maybe it's some serious block as far as handstyle. i feel like such a toy asking for help, but this has been bugging me for some time and i can't seem to shake it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest blame

i think you really are limiting yourself, i dont like how the A joins on to the C your letters are also too short why not try making them taller?

i guess i could show you some hands but its really hard to describe, you just need to add flow and shape to the letters

by add ons i dont mean accessories like halos, arrows, stars and such they do add depth but an overkill only makes it look tacky ive seen a lot of people use these to hide a crappy handstyle.....

maybe ill use someones scanner to show you what i mean

the A and K look bad, the S and C and E look hot, the e could be changed up a bit, but it don't look bad, just experiment with the E and tryi makin it bigger, the round part a differnt shape, whatever. The A, It's really short and wide, kinda looks weird... I think a lowercase A like, these "a" would look good there, an uppercase would need to be taller and any taller would throw everythin off because the C is short (which looks good if you were to have an "a" the same height). The K just looks badin general, i think the weird curve for the second line looks weird.. personally i K's where the bottom part of the second line goes horizontal, points and then goes down, ya get it? You could experiment with differnt tpyes of K's sto see which works better.

Anywayz... that's just my opinion, personally, I think the only way to get better at hands is to keep doin em and then doin each letter on different angles, different sizes, doin other words, changin your letters all the time, seein what could look better, just tryin to think of enw shit instead of doin the same thing over and over. Like my hand transforms all the time, like I'll think I wanna keep it and it looks good... but then next week I'll figure out somethin that looks better, its like it can never stay the same and nothin keeps me satisfied....

so keep workin on it, and keep the S cuz I really like ya S :)

thanks for the advice, i'll try screwing around with it some today and drop a pic back by before i dip to bed.

i've been writing for about 10 years, various names at first, but a few years after i started writing, the name casek came about, and i've just stuck with it. about a year after i started writing casek, i came up with the current style, and i've been with it from that day, on. just never really bothered to work on the handstyle much more. my mistake, eh?

recently, i've been trying so hard to escape the confines of traditional graffiti, and i took on the task of building my skills as far as painting, but the handstyle thing came up and i wanted to get back to roots.

i guess that's just the way things go. i reverted to bombing before this escapism came about, so i guess it's natural progression through regression.

oh... well.... see I just work on my hand everyday, I work on it more than everythin else actually lol. Since it's the easit to work on IMO,. You jsut write the few letters over and over and naturally you think of somethin new, or by accident you "screw up" a letter and think of somehtin new out of it, and your handstyle just evolves. So just really scirbble all the time on noteapads and shit... it works.... you'll get it better.

On the other hand, I need to work on piecing more, with ym simples and makin em wild and jsut everyhtin that comes with piecin. I been at graffiti for lil over ayear, i was doin simples first then went WAY wild and had noone to really tell me it was good or bad. I jsut had too much shit that was on purpose, liek I WANTED to surround my letters in detail lol. Then I came here after doin like 2 pieces in october and figured its abad thing... then just rrecently did my next piece since then and just now did another. I've done 4 in like 8 months LOL... I should be doin 4 in one week!

Oh well, sorry for all the tpyin... I'm done now... GL with everythin, and trust me you'll get ya hands down... even if you can't think of somethin new, it jsut happens, you can just think of a million different ways to write ya name off the top of ya head, it don't work. Just gotta sciribble over and over and different words and all that, take other letters and see how they can be turned into another letter and jsut fuck around and you'll get what i meanw hen ya start doin it.

peace man...

yeah, i do need to loosen up a bit. the letters look all tight and squashed together...'cept for the k, it's all out there an shit.

you'd think that for how long i've been at this, i'd be a little more developed with the hand, but it's like i said, i just never paid too much attention to it, kept hitting up bathroom walls and such when i was on the road, but that was the extent of it as far as tagging went. i always considered tags to be the real vandalism, ya know? you go to a city and see all these hadns everywhere and it just starts to look messy. i've rarely seen a hand, first hand that made me stop and look really, really closely.

enough blabbering, i'm jacked on coffee and white crosses trying to get my sleeping habits rearranged.

Yo For Real

Shoot Yourself.................:lol: Ok, but seriously man the only way you get better is ripping that paper up and practicing till your hand hurts, then you practice so much that handstyles just begin to fucking disgust you and you feel like a failure and just go to sleep and then like around 1:30 or maybe 2:00 in the morning you wake up and like all of sudden you just start busting out some crazy ass shit, and your like FUCK YEAH, and you cant wait till the next day to write more!!! So you wake up and you pull out some more of that com. paper from your printer(that your mom said to stop waisting on bullshit) and watch cartoons all morning and keep at it...and i guarantee that shit works after about two weeks of that shit youll be on fire or maybe even sooner since its summer!!! And after that if that shit don't work...reallly SHOOT YOURSELF!!!;) And you shouldn't make it a task...handstyles are always fun and spontaneous, and creativity for handstyles is endless!!! Fuck if i had that name i would rip that shit up with a wild style especially and w/ a non-stop style too!!! Fuck all those letters go together beautifully!!! c>a>s>e>k! Just picture that shit in your head first!!! Well thats all i have to offer right now.

>>>SinOnE!<<< TF.>Titty Fuckers of Texas. TF.> The Flu!!! Get Infected!!!

thats all good advice also try and used different "mediums" i guess youde call it, like for awhile use a bic then used a regular sharpie then like a prisma then i dont know a mag or something bigger just experiment with different pens and shit, there are alot of "effects or characteristics" that will come easy with some markers and hard with others after awhile youll notice new things

also if youre in school when you take notes... thats prime time because you have to write everyletter and yeah i agree you should have an everchanging handstyle

also keep cursive in mind

think if you put a regular letter up to one of those silly mirrors in the circus some times distortion can look cool

gl sorry for the babble

i kinda like it. except for the K. I can see what you mean but limiting yourself. LOOSEN UP--thats the key. If you try to come up with a hand with too much on your mind, and too much of an idea of what you really want it to look like, YOU WILL FUCK UP badly, It really wont flow, and then you'll panic, and get frustrated and start throwing shit. Ive been there.

dude was right about using different pens and markers. It does make a difference. Experiment with different things. Avoid halos and all that. They will make your shit look cheesey.

yeah the k is a little weak, i think anyone can put together an aestheticly pleasing tag, the difficult thing is getting a style or 2 or 3 or more that you can bomb any letters in with consistnacy.

if you want my advice though bro, make your letters taller, a godo tag is one that takes up alot of space. and you dont allways have to option to stretch it right out.

philly tags are a good example of this, though im not surgesting you go and rock someone elses tagstyle.

word. so, you two guys think that everything is ok except for the k? i'll work on that a little. i coudln't do anything with a lower case a...it just turned out looking all ugly...i really do like the way the c and the a connect...it makes it alot esier to just drop in the half-way cursive styles and bring those two together that way...as for the e, i'm working on bringing it out a little more and chubbing it up. i'll play with some stuff while i'm out of town this weekend and bring some flics back on monday ngiht.

thanks for all of the help...

Archived