Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

hands up, who's been in a band?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Smart, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

oh, I guess I can't see if you raise your hands so reply here instead...

before you do, I mean...

"who's been in a band that made money?"

you may have only played once but you gotta have gotten money for your performance to qualify. No 'they paid me in beer'... money, that you promptly spent on beer... I also don't care if you played the triangle, even if your part was a 'guest shot', as long as the band got money and you drank of the beer that money bought... and, of course, NO ROADIES!

2. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

i have been in a few bands...I play bass/guitar in the bands.

3. Uncle Wiggly

Uncle Wiggly Guest

I was in an 'airband'... we won the thing though and that was $150! we really were a band so we just faked a song we knew (Paranoid - Black Sabbath)... later we were a real band for a while...

4. SatansArtist

SatansArtist Junior Member

I manage bands, electronic music, industrial, jungle and what not...

what are you trying to hook up with? heh...

Anti-Sound Management
    Rain Drops Turn Black Music
    Unsound

5. wild turkey

wild turkey New Jack

once my sisters asked me to play my jews harp in their band. they paid me in wild turkey:spent:

6. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

I can play a Jew's Harp... that is to say I own one, and I play it... but you got paid in whiskey so it's like fuckin your cousin, it don't count for dick...

7. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

i was in a group and we got payed really well except we had to pay everyone and their mom....the dude who did the beats, the dude who rhymed on 3 songs, etc. needless to say i quit after the first gig, fuck the hip hop, i want the money.....plus i made more money by myself and didnt have 2 other dickheads to deal with while doing it.....

8. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

i played the jewish piano (cash register) at a costume shop in denver once.

9. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

Two bands, Did one show with the first band, got $25 each (4 people.) Then the bassists and I left and started an angry loud fast band and the drummer from the first band joined and sings, second guitarist from the first band joined and we got a new drummer with a shinny double bass pedal, we play our first show as a new band Jan. 4th, 2002.

10. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

i have weekly gigs but they only pay tips. but every now and then i get a call to play with people. like in january i'm playing at a little club in NJ...cept i'm talking about jazz music, so people who play upright bass like me are usually in demand to play with any group....

my first real band tho was a rock band and we wrote some cool tunes and played a couple shows...the good ol' days

11. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Senior Member

12. TEARZ

TEARZ Guest

i was in a band that got signed to atlantic records. no joke. and it was a bad experience and i don't want to talk about it. but it's true.

13. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

I played a grand total of 3 gigs, one open mic, two as an add-on member of a friend's band who were bad (slow) at changing broken strings and tuning back up. They had me fill up the long awkward pauses with my sound collage stuff, and one of the songs had some spoken word samples. We were ultra low-tech so I just had my tapes ready and ran them off a boom box hooked into the sound board, timing the pauses manually. I think I made five bucks for the whole shmeal.

14. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

I might add, I've been TRYING to get a band together for 10 years but can't find the rest of the cast, particularly on drums. I'm one of those dime-a-dozen drop-D guitarists who know the basics and a bunch of Tool and Helmet riffs.

15. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

I play with myself. Is that an instrument?