Hand-Bound Books

EastSwaggings

I am self-publishing a book over the next few weeks and have done my fair amount of research on the topic, but I wanted to see if the great resource of 12oz had any more insight on self bound book covers, primarily in the hard-back sense. Any information would help. Never hurts to ask.

Also, if you're interested in a copy of the book itself, or of the general content, feel free to ask.

Thanks y'all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the easiest way to self bound a book, imho, is perfect bind. all you really need is a couple 2x4s, a couple C-Clamps and brush on some binding glue with a foam paintbrush. although this way can become a bit of a pain in the ass if you are doing to many or to little pages. the best way is to just go to a store, such as staples or officemax, and ask them to bind it for you, also most print shops do binding and a quick google search could probably turn up a few binding specialty shops.

I've done one book so far. I hand bound the guts in sections 6 pages then stitched all of those together and bound them in a soft card cover. I made a hardbound slipcase to house the whole thing. I don't really have any pictures available online. I picked up a simple intro to book binding at a barnes and nobles that showed step by step about ten different binding methods. Also I found this great guy names Sebatian or something on Youtube who does awesome step by step demos on all kinds of book binding methods. Just do a search and you'll find him.

Post pics or it didn't happen, braaahh. Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...