Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

-= Halo 2 Anticipation Thread =-

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Crimsøn, May 14, 2004.

1. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

I thought about makin this earlier instead of posting
    this shit in whatever video game thread was around...
    and Weapon X pushed for it so here we go...

8 min Halo 2 trailor, fresh from E3
    This video also appears are newly made Halo discs, (in high res)
    replacing the game demos...also has making/commentary videos.

Multiplayer videos, featuring Elites, duel wielding, and formentioned commentary videos
    Sorry mac users, only comes in windows format

New features for Halo 2
    • Improved graphics, physics
    • Vastly improved AI (Elites won't just stand around waiting...they will HUNT you, move objects, scale walls, etc...Marines will also be much smarter, you can command them, make them drive the vehicles, send squads, etc..)
    • Dual Wielding (Check the video above)
    • Virtually everything will be destructable and can be used for cover (Different
      materials will provide longer cover [i.e. a wooden table vs a totalled car])
    • In multiplayer you can choose to be a Spartan (Master Chief) or an Elite
    • The warthog will have different turrets mounted (rocket, chain gun, etc)
    • You can lower your gun and run twice as fast
    • New covenant Species and weapons
    • OSDTs (BAD ass marines) and new human weapons
    • EVERYTHING else in the game will be much more fine tuned

Now for some pictures....

2. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

http://www.xbox.com/assets/en-us/flash/games/halo2/images/image09.jpg'>
    [i]Oh yea, you can hop on vehicles and kick the driver out[/i]
    [img]http://www.xbox.com/assets/en-us/flash/games/halo2/images/image07.jpg'>
    [img]http://www.xbox.com/assets/en-us/flash/games/halo2/images/image04.jpg'>
    [i]That big fan in the back will knock cars up into the air, and sometimes land on people and explode.[/i]

[img]http://www.xbox.com/assets/en-us/flash/games/halo2/images/image03.jpg'>

[url=http://www.bungie.net/Games/Halo2/Gallery.aspx?Gallery=Screenshots&page=3]More multiplayer pics[/url]
    [i]Edit: Replaced 1 meg images with 640x480 ones[/i]

3. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

The ATV
    http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo2/Gallery/Renders/atv_front.jpg'>

The all new Battle Rifle
    (The battle rifle. When in normal mode, it fires short bursts of fire, but zoomed, it fires single rounds, reminiscent of the pistol. One weapon with two distinct modes adds more strategic stuff than you'd expect.)
    [img]http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo2/Gallery/Renders/battle_rifle_front.jpg'>

The all new SMG
    [img]http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo2/Gallery/Renders/smg_front.jpg'>[b]Dont worry, I'll keep this shit updated[/b]

4. CRAMPS

CRAMPS Senior Member

bump....shit is wack fresh G.......wack..

5. adderall

adderall Elite Member

6. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

i just spent ehhhh a little over an hour watching new trailers. shit looks sick for this year. MGS3, silent hill 4, killers 7, halo 2, half life 2, DOA: Ultimate, New Legend of Zelda for GC, fuckargh i need it all! i am going to E4 next year without a fuckin doubt.

7. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

Pfftfft, don't be bringing that jazz up in here,
    that's not what the threads about foo.

Playing as elites in multiplayer is gonna be
    great...plus energy blades...fuuuuun.

The story of Halo 2 takes place after Halo (duhhh)
    when Master Chief arrives at Earth he looks out the
    window of his ship only to see a scarred Earth being
    bombarded by Covenant forces...so he opens the hatch
    (the air pressure's blowing all crazy like) and he just
    fuckin jumps out the ship and free falls.

^ The Halo 2 trailor linkage )

So yea, Covenant are fucking up Humanity and
    you have to come save the day.

Halo 2 will also fully utilize Xbox live, so you can play
    around the world, or around the block.

That's it for now...

8. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo2/screenshots/H2_e304_swordduel.jpg'>

ain't gonna work, cap'n!

9. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

I can't fucking wait for this game. I am not leaving my room, or showering, or eating when this game comes out. This game is going to rock my world.

10. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

[​IMG]

The Brute
    [​IMG]

So, the game launches on November 9th, 2004, but we bet you can't wait until then to check out what the special, limited collector's edition looks like, so, here, for the first time ever, are pics of the box prototype.

Halo 2: Release Date and Collector's Edition Unveiled
    Halo 2 will be available in stores on November 9, 2004. That's the long and the short of it. You'll be playing Campaign, multiplayer or both on November 9th. And if you pre-order, you'll have the chance to purchase an extra-fancy collector's edition in a metal box.

[​IMG]

11. Zaius

Zaius Member

fuck thats gonna be sick

12. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

I'm going to reserve it.... I always do that when there's some kind of limited edition thing involved.... That's how I got my clear green halo xbox... :)

13. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

DAMMIT

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY HALO 2!?!?!?!?! MY X-BOX IS LONELY, DAMMIT!

14. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

More news from E3...
    During E3 Bungie set up a special room to
    test out Halo 2, and a few lucky bastards got
    to play each othet for 30 minutes each

The game is going to have all the stuff you'd expect. It'll support voice communication, you can even leave voice messages when you're trying to set up a game. You can form clans - your can customize emblems - custom colors - a blue metal suit, with yellow secondary colors. Being able to customize your player is kind of awesome. Naturally, Covenant Elites can do the same thing.

The players also figured out the new tracking rocket system. A locked on rocket can follow a speeding vehicle in a vicious arc, It's pretty depressing when you think you're safely out of range and you hear that "WHOOOOOSH!"

But boarding was a hoot. It makes those close up vehicle skirmishes all the more frightening. If you try to smash another player against a rock wall, there's always a danger he could jump up, board you and kill you with your own ride. We also watched a new phenomenon - the Rocket Hog parasite. Since you can board any part of a vehicle, a red player can board the rocket turret of a Blue-driven Hog. The blue player's only recourse is to abandon the hog, or drive the enemy rocket jerk somewhere he can do less damage - then of course they have to square off against each other. Results can be hilarious.

15. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

Those pictures won't look as good when they're on a television at 60hz interlaced running at less than half the resolution they're posted at here.