Halliburtons Illegal Contracts

casekonly

The FBI has begun investigating whether the Pentagon improperly awarded no-bid contracts to Halliburton Co., seeking an interview with a top Army contracting officer and collecting documents from several government offices.

The line of inquiry expands an earlier FBI investigation into whether Halliburton overcharged taxpayers for fuel in Iraq, and it elevates to a criminal matter the election-year question of whether the Bush administration showed favoritism to Vice President Dick Cheney's former company.

FBI agents this week sought permission to interview Bunnatine Greenhouse, the Army Corps of Engineers' chief contracting officer who went public last weekend with allegations that her agency unfairly awarded a Halliburton subsidiary no-bid contracts worth billions of dollars in Iraq, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm familiar with the investigation:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6356265/

However I'm unsure as to the progress of this. It's a good question... It's been out of the news for some months now.

Here is a more general overview of Halliburton corruption over the course of the war:

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?&list...ype=15&offset=0

It seems the FBI prefers people to come to their reading room for information.

Originally posted by villain@Apr 1 2005, 11:07 AM

I'm familiar with the investigation:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6356265/

However I'm unsure as to the progress of this. It's a good question... It's been out of the news for some months now.

Here is a more general overview of Halliburton corruption over the course of the war:

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?&list...ype=15&offset=0

It seems the FBI prefers people to come to their reading room for information.

excellent find. that fbi reading room thign can be overcome with steganos internet anonymizer.

so, villain, can you shed some light on the subject of halliburton being awarded a contract in less than ten minutes?

symbols: well, we gotta be a little suspicious when bush hires in a ton of former oil execs and 'family friends' to his cabinet, eh?

the really big deal is that politicians have always been corrupt, it didn't magically start up when bush sr or jr took office. the really, really big deal is why the fuck won't 'the people' do anything about it? do we like being led around like sheep and kept in the dark about everything? is our culture that fucking tired?

Originally posted by casekonly@Apr 1 2005, 05:52 PM

symbols: well, we gotta be a little suspicious when bush hires in a ton of former oil execs and 'family friends' to his cabinet, eh?

the really big deal is that politicians have always been corrupt, it didn't magically start up when bush sr or jr took office. the really, really big deal is why the fuck won't 'the people' do anything about it? do we like being led around like sheep and kept in the dark about everything? is our culture that fucking tired?

I think it might be in part due to growing up with us being told about freedom and how much we have here. With that most people dont see anything as propaganda, most importantly the nightly news. You know that liberal media we have here ... they couldnt be feeding us propaganda, its just the news.

i agree.

a lot of people have been lured into complacency with promises of "the land of the free" and "the greatest nation in the world"

young affluent americans have not had to struggle for anything.

even the poor in this country has become very used to their entertainment and their convenience. people are mostly content in their daily lives because the bottom line is a hot meal and some tv. most americans don't even have a concept of what it's like to live in a country that is rife with disease, or occupied, or dead broke. in the end, most americans can get what they want, so they are happy with the status quo.

tax breaks have practically looked liked bribes to wealthy voters, imo.

these people are going to vote for the person that keeps them rich, not for the person who works for the common good.

and not enough poor people vote.

caught in a cycle of poverty, they feel like their opinion doesn't matter.

and really, it doesn't, until the entire lower class rises up as one.

it would be cool if their was truly a cultural revolution in this country, but people are pretty much satisfied with the state of the nation.

Bread and circus. Television God, opiate of the masses.

I don't have contacts into Bushs inner circle, but I do have this.

I've posted these reciepts before but I will again since this seems to be an appropriate place. I have these in my possession from back in 2002 when I was in a military jail. They had us doing various work, some of which was recycling papers. During the height of the Enron scandal, we one day happen to get boxes, upon boxes, upon boxes of these halliburton financial records, dating over many years and documenting countless millions, perhaps billions of dollars. I of course stuck some in my pocket and complained very loudly. (This was before anyone even knew what halliburton was... so noone really knew or cared.)

halliburton1.jpg

halliburton2.jpg

halliburton3.jpg

halliburton4.jpg

I'd have to agree with Casekonly.. I saw it when you posted it, but wanted to wait for some responses..

Although, admittedly I don't fully understand the nature of those 'reciepts? work orders?', or what is truely happening.. Nevertheless, it's interesting as all get-out..

But how does this say they got the job with no bids? I'm way off base right? LOL

What the fuck could they be doing with that much sand?

What can be done about it? Unless you have copious amounts of these doc's? Maybe there's actually a group or organization who actually have good intentions, maybe they also have 'buddies' and can get something done about these global fuckwads..

Whatever you decide bro, tread carefully..

halliburton, as we all know, has a deep history with this shit.

it goes way back to when lbj was a little bitch. KBR basically owned

him and through various means helped him into the executive branch.

when cheney was SOD, KBR/halliburton wrote up the contract

themselves, with their interests at heart, and cheney approved it.

not much has changed since, and cheney was notified and approved

the latest contracts in iraq. read dan briody's book, it's got a pretty

comprehensive backgrounder on KBR/halliburton, but be forewarned,

he's an incredibly uninspiring writer.

in addition to corpwatch, check http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/

tspr: sand is regularly used in oil production type shit. either that or it was sand for a building project. the interesting part is that those all came from contracts with enron....we all know that name, right?

not surprising that two major energy companies would be dealing with each other, though.

Yeah I thought about sending it out to a newspaper or watchdog group or something but seeing as how there are already tens of thousands of pages of documents revealing corruption with halliburton it seems kind of futile. If they are looking for such older records (these were from all the way back in the 80s i think all the way through the 90s) then I would come forward with this information...

Maybe I'll send it off anyways... eh, why not.

*As per the relavence of this to the investigation being conducted by the FBI it is slim to none. These documents were of a period of about 20 years and before involvement with Iraq had even begun. I just thought it was suspect because while stories of Enron employees scrambling to shred financial records circulated through the media, here we were, on a military post, destroying documents for halliburton. It was very suspect to me. It seems the military has been made to do the dirty work of halliburton before the war in Iraq even began.

Personally I'd send them out based on the apparent effort to have them destroyed so hastily. I know it wasn't even a realistic possibility given the circumstances, but how beautiful would it have been to get your hands on every last one of those invoices.

Were there truckloads? Or do you even know how they were transported?

Originally posted by villain@Apr 6 2005, 11:36 AM

I just thought it was suspect because while stories of Enron employees scrambling to shred financial records circulated through the media, here we were, on a military post, destroying documents for halliburton.

That right there man, bad news.

Who is the military working for?

Originally posted by Æ°@Apr 6 2005, 01:13 PM

Personally I'd send them out based on the apparent effort to have them destroyed so hastily. I know it wasn't even a realistic possibility given the circumstances, but how beautiful would it have been to get your hands on every last one of those invoices.

Were there truckloads? Or do you even know how they were transported?

There was an old building we used for storage for some of the shit we recycled. One day there's a bunch of these boxes of these halliburton invoices. I dunno... there was maybe about a hundred of these boxes, the boxes about the size of the boxes that stacks of copypaper come in.

Originally posted by casekonly@Apr 6 2005, 03:33 PM

seems too fishy. i wonder why they subcontract to destroy papers? i know someone already mentioned that, but it's hanging in my mind.

The military is a good place to hide things. Our recycling operation also destroyed classified documents but the prisoners had nothing to do with that.

Originally posted by villain+Apr 6 2005, 03:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Apr 6 2005, 03:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-casekonly@Apr 6 2005, 03:33 PM

seems too fishy. i wonder why they subcontract to destroy papers? i know someone already mentioned that, but it's hanging in my mind.

The military is a good place to hide things. Our recycling operation also destroyed classified documents but the prisoners had nothing to do with that.

[/b]

no doubt, i wouldn't trust prisoners with plans for moabs or whatever they were working at that time.