half pipe help

Motha Fuka

ait guys here's my problem

ok im makin a half pipe for me ofcourse and im plannig it to be 5' high 1' 1/2" platform and one half of the pipe ima make 6' high with a 1' drop onto the 5' one so here it is im wonderin how long do i need to make the flat platform part and should i make it into the two halfs or make a separate piece and oh ye how wide should i make it im planning 15'

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest serpent of the light

i built a half pipe in 8th grade shop. it was awful. i got pissed and set it on fire. that was far cooler than riding on it

Guest platapie
Originally posted by serpent of the light

i built a half pipe in 8th grade shop. it was awful. i got pissed and set it on fire. that was far cooler than riding on it

sounds way cooler and far more amusing then to skate it if you lit it on fire.

the advice i'll give you (i haven't built real ramps in a long time...): if yer gonna do it as 2 quarters put a strip of sheet metal at the bottom... it'll keep the wood from getting all fucked and unridable... but, in the end, if you have the room, i would say go for a half, not two quarters...

Guest willy.wonka

i think my friends and i built the most ghetto half pipe in the world..it was funny cause it attracted a lot of different skaters of the island....and my friend knocked the shit out of some cop with brass knuckles...he didnt know it was a cop until the flashlight was out of his face....hahahaha

Guest willy.wonka

yeah,see our ramp looked nothing like that...we used plastic pvc pipes and we had no platform....

shit was cool as fuck though.

just plywood...

my stepbrothers and stepdad made a mini ramp one day with vert on it. i used to have fun painting because thats all it was good for. although me and my friends made the crazyiest half pipe ive ever seen home made.

8ft at both ends

spine

rollers on both sides of spine

2 foot extension on one side

2 foot rollins and 2 foot tall 1 foot recessed sub box on the other side

that thing was fun.

In my area in dc there is this old lady that owns a half pipe in her back yard(her son skated awhile ago), around 9 feet or so...and she aways used to make us cookies and sandwiches whenever we would come over and ask to skate it...she was the coolest...we would session that shit for ever, she would never care what we did out there..

me and my friend discovered this shit in the buisness park near me which is basically a half pipe, well its a wedge on one side and basically a quarter pipe on the other side. Its mad fun. Its cool to just stumble across shit like that. Ive only biked it so far cause its all muddy but im going to get all the mud dirt and rock off and session is like crazy.

Archived