Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

half pipe help

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Motha Fuka, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Motha Fuka

Motha Fuka New Jack

ait guys here's my problem
    ok im makin a half pipe for me ofcourse and im plannig it to be 5' high 1' 1/2" platform and one half of the pipe ima make 6' high with a 1' drop onto the 5' one so here it is im wonderin how long do i need to make the flat platform part and should i make it into the two halfs or make a separate piece and oh ye how wide should i make it im planning 15'

2. i built a half pipe in 8th grade shop. it was awful. i got pissed and set it on fire. that was far cooler than riding on it

3. platapie

platapie Guest

sounds way cooler and far more amusing then to skate it if you lit it on fire.

4. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

the advice i'll give you (i haven't built real ramps in a long time...): if yer gonna do it as 2 quarters put a strip of sheet metal at the bottom... it'll keep the wood from getting all fucked and unridable... but, in the end, if you have the room, i would say go for a half, not two quarters...

5. el barto

el barto Elite Member

get some one good at ramps to cut the tranny then follw his lead, dont make it vert, please. that death unless at least 10 ft high.

6. ODW

ODW Member

u shouldnt put vert on a mini ramp. there are plans online on how to build ramps...just scale it down with a ratio.

7. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Veteran Member

the string with a crayon tied to it...best method for making small er half pipes with smooth transition.

8. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

9. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

i think my friends and i built the most ghetto half pipe in the world..it was funny cause it attracted a lot of different skaters of the island....and my friend knocked the shit out of some cop with brass knuckles...he didnt know it was a cop until the flashlight was out of his face....hahahaha

10. el barto

el barto Elite Member

damn thats ghetto

11. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

12. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

yeah,see our ramp looked nothing like that...we used plastic pvc pipes and we had no platform....
    shit was cool as fuck though.
    just plywood...

13. Rhubarb

Rhubarb New Jack

my stepbrothers and stepdad made a mini ramp one day with vert on it. i used to have fun painting because thats all it was good for. although me and my friends made the crazyiest half pipe ive ever seen home made.

8ft at both ends
    spine
    rollers on both sides of spine
    2 foot extension on one side
    2 foot rollins and 2 foot tall 1 foot recessed sub box on the other side

that thing was fun.

14. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

In my area in dc there is this old lady that owns a half pipe in her back yard(her son skated awhile ago), around 9 feet or so...and she aways used to make us cookies and sandwiches whenever we would come over and ask to skate it...she was the coolest...we would session that shit for ever, she would never care what we did out there..

15. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Ive got the nice banks of the L.A. river not too far from me to roll on when im bored..