Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

hair styles

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SPLINTER, Apr 11, 2001.

1. SPLINTER

SPLINTER Guest

ok kids the one posted a few months ago died. post your hairstyles, any cool hair styles, tips on how to cut and comb your shit to make the hair styles work.

tips on: Spikes, dreads, and any other cool hairstyley is what im looking for.

best products u've used and what their used for.

2. shyster

shyster Member

wtf....this isn't vidal sasson

------------------
    what a shame..an empty kid trying not to fall & hit his empty head---charles bukowski

3. garth vader

garth vader Member

my hair is like down to my ass. sometimes i braid it, but mostly i just put it a pony tail. i hate it girls are all like "are you ever gonna cut your hair?" fuck i don't know i just like having long hair. i don't know why. i bicked my head like 6 years ago, and then it grow from there, i guess i'm just 'attatched' to my hair. plus every school needs a kid with long hair.

[This message has been edited by garth vader (edited 04-11-2001).]

4. B_As_In_Bot

B_As_In_Bot Elite Member

my hair is 9" tall and the sides are way short and I put it up on occasion or for the heck of it. When not fully charged I wear a hat, or the beanie. My beanie thing, which by the way was purchased at a dead mans garage sale is very ragged and disgusting, chunks of glue allover and it smells like unwashed hair and smoke, and well a little vomit too.

Anyone who finds it, toss it back over to me. thanks.

Tips: If you ever wanna put your hair up go to sav-on and get the blue colored glue that is like a glue/gel - glue in gel form. its located at the school supplies section. Its combs in easier and its doesnt get as snotty on you like white glue cause its transparent.
    anyways. Grab the ammount of hair you wanna spike or fan or spike-fan and just insert the nozzle of the glue container in the middle of it, make sure you get it all the way to the bottom, thats for the support. (You have to be holding the spike with a hand while you do it, you basically dont let go of it untill its dry enough) Then you saturate the rest of the spike squeezing it like a sponge.
    Then give it a shot with the blow dryer, first with the high spped, then low speed, then cold shot highspeed then cold shot low speed...you really just need one speed but the low speed work good on the thinner areas. Move the drying in an up and down motion and rotate it around the spike at the same time, full coverage. Hot shot, cold shots repeat untill it is stable and then you move on to the next one...
    For fans..which can be real easy with 2 people..
    You can use a thin toothed comb and blow dryer for the short thin ones, apply the same glue and use the same principal of application. If you got longhair, pretty long fans your gonna need one of those pocket iron thingys. You gotta lie down and I advise you have a friend do the ironing and blow drying for faster charge. Anyway for this you end up smearing the glue in, then blowdrying the exterior hair and ironing the core where its still wet. Now the ironing doesnt only make it dry it makes it really straight. Just down get to close to the head with it - I know the edges of the iron arent hot but you never know. This is for mohawks. for trihawls you better get in a chair and same with bihawks, although bihawks are probably one of the easiest to charge, I think because the hair on the curve of your head is easier to handle and see in the mirror. shit on bihaeks you dont even need the iron, just for tall mohawks and trihawks.

another tip: If your glue gets too thick in some spots, use hair spray on it to thin it out, that also works if some of it dries and you need to make it wet again. if you dont have hairspray use rubbing alchohol.

My biggest tip: Get a comrade to give you a hand, its quite painful on the arms, shoulders and so fourth pulling your hair that long.

Other substances used to charge hair:

eggwhites - They get way too flaky by themselves, but a touch of it never hurts.

jell-o mix: YEah just plain out gelatin, mix a little water, add some glue. Ive had to do it because I ran out of glue a few times.

Hair-gel: This shits usually sucks, Ive never been pleased with it, its not thick enough. dries up a little weird too..If you have to mix it with glue...If your too chickenshit to use just the glue by itself.

Hairwax: Ive heard of it but never used it. Im very satisfied with sav on brand gel/glue.

Types of spikes:

Liberty Spikes: The big spikey kind, usaully covering all of the head..they are supposed to look like spikes too - not twigs....those twig looking straight spikes fit more into the taste of a crust punk.

Porcu-spikes: For the shorter hair.. Like a flattened out liberty spike, they are as fat as the liberty spike but way shorter, they can be done with just hairspray if you have a buddy to help out.

fanned spikes: These just look like spikes that were combed straight, they look best dont all over the head but decent done all half assed.

Thats it, FIENDS. I probably know some more, ask me questions.

one last tip: If you dont have a blowdryer, those hand dryers in the public bathrooms can come in crafty, your also givin a mirror and water fosset in bathrooms.

5. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Holy shite, B_As_In_Bot ... you know your hair.

------------------
    Toilets are for the uninspired.

6. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

right now i have some shaggy ass hair that hangs over my ears and eyes, i have a mullut too...but im getting it cut tonight

7. pervertedmunk

pervertedmunk Senior Member

man you gotta be an real asshole to have a mullet

8. mr.e

mr.e Senior Member

maybe im just conservative, but i think my 7 inch red liberty spikes are the cats meow.

and i just use regular old gel. nothing fancy like your so call "glue"..

pssh... [​IMG]

9. jades_blue

jades_blue Senior Member

personally, I have shoulder length hair. It has burgandy/black/light brown/dark brown faded streaks. (hard to explain) With bangs that go right below the eye. Hair always parted on the side and up in a bun. Sometimes it's in pigtails or two braided pigtails. I'm not into high maintenance hair.

-------------
    me love you marcio boy...

10. MASk!

MASk! Senior Member

NO........ You dont.

11. DEE38

DEE38 12oz Loyalist

Hair? What hair? just kidding..
    It's jet black, about 6 inches from the booty... and layered. It's curly but I straighten it everyday.
    Dreads are always very hot. If you got dreads I demand you to post a flick, (ok, please)I want to see.

12. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

i just cut my hair actually. skotrel saw how long it was. it was straight asian hair that went for days (actually it was mid back). it was too high maintenance for me. it took forever to blow dry and it was stick straight. i miss it because i use to curl it sometimes and it looked so cute. but now i cut it. it just past my shoulders and it's layered. i gotta say though, i really like it, it makes me look 21. and it makes my hair look healthy. i have an appointment next week to put some red streaks in it. or at least red highlights. i'm not sure yet. but i don't have bangs, i grew them out. and i used to part my hair in the center or on the side and blow dry the "bang" part to have side swept bangs. but now since it's shorter, i don't part it and it goes where ever it goes so it gives that tousled yet organized look.

13. jojoo13

jojoo13 Elite Member

i just put gel in it ..water it down fuck with it a little bit then im out..but most the time i wear a hat

------------------
    no no NO not BZEE....BZ
    ={(____) <---i luv this stuff!!!

14. sugoione

sugoione Senior Member

i got one fucked up haircut.. i went to the barber yesterday around like noon, the muther fucker started cutting my hair and got hella sick and said for me to come back tomarrow cuz he had to rest from his sickness.. so im wearing a beanie cap to say the least. my hair was only 1/4 cut.. foolish.

------------------
    283 pig bunisher
    sugoi desu ne
    das facha

15. marmuchian

marmuchian Senior Member

i have terrible psoriasis and dandrumm all over my scalp because i never wash my hair