gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im about to be getting a new 9mm very soon, and i think imgonna get a glock17. i wish they still made the 17L because i do kinda want a longer barrel but if i get a open carry license everyone says its way to big to carry around. im also thinking about getting an h&k does anyone have any suggestions of a reliable acurate 9 thats under $600? so far the glock seems to be the most popular recamendation but i tend not to be into the hiped up things and i like to have something not everyone else has but obvously something thats of good quality any recomendations?

im about to be getting a new 9mm very soon, and i think imgonna get a glock17. i wish they still made the 17L because i do kinda want a longer barrel but if i get a open carry license everyone says its way to big to carry around. im also thinking about getting an h&k does anyone have any suggestions of a reliable acurate 9 thats under $600? so far the glock seems to be the most popular recamendation but i tend not to be into the hiped up things and i like to have something not everyone else has but obvously something thats of good quality any recomendations?

kel tec p-11

kel_9mm_hard_chrome.jpg

I have had mine for about 5 years and it has never jammed - always worked when I needed it to, simple design and easy to take apart and clean, the handle is carbon fiber so it is very light and balanced, plus it has no safewty. You can get them for around 300 and get all the reliability of a name brand with none of the overpricing. I would reccomend it over any other brand save glock in that bullett size

me, im looking to score a long barell colt 45 acp 1911 - super rare and super intimidating. Something to make the smokers take a fat crack shit in their drawers next time i need to show em what time it is

thanks for the suggestion im deffenitally going to look into it and a 45 is badass but personally a rifle is what i would use to scare the shit out of somebody my boy has an ak and my other dude is getting an ar-15 next week. but pistols you can actually take places and get a permit for. i just like the practicality of handguns even though i hate how you can get a bad ass rifle or shotgun for cheaper than a handgun but supply and demand i guess. can you find parts/extended clips etc for that gun?

thanks for the suggestion im deffenitally going to look into it and a 45 is badass but personally a rifle is what i would use to scare the shit out of somebody my boy has an ak and my other dude is getting an ar-15 next week. but pistols you can actually take places and get a permit for. i just like the practicality of handguns even though i hate how you can get a bad ass rifle or shotgun for cheaper than a handgun but supply and demand i guess. can you find parts/extended clips etc for that gun?

yes its a long running model number. I have an 14 shot extended clip (the standard is only like 9) and it uses a staggard loading system so it actually serves to make the handle even easier to grip and doesnt hang down all crazy like straight glock 20 rounders and shit like that.

it also has laser sights and all that good stuff available.

I just dont like the unwieldyness of rifles. Ive had to pop off at unruly crackheads in my yard. Thats legal in the great state of TN since they passed the home invasion statute that extends defence of property into your yard and the parking spaces infront of metropolitain zoned houses (like mine)

try para, luger, or even a baby eagle. Really whats most important is the angle from the grip to the barrel - some like a straight up 90 degree, while others prefer a wider110 angle, and each manufacturer has many different models and those three and HK which you already looked at, are your best bet for affordable reliability as far as 9mm is concerned

damn tn is the shit

yeah other than TX and AZ, TN is about the most favorable state for lethal defence. A year or so they passed the home invasion statute, which meaNS IF I see someone breaking into my car and I confront them with my pistol, and they try and pull a screwdriver on me I can blast them, or if someone comes at me in my yard with a bat I can waste them from my front steps, because handheld weapons like that are considered lethal force in TN

damn!!! thats how the laws should be everywhere. my friend just moved back to ohio from arizona and he said everyone open carrys there. well what do you guys think of a springfield xd-9 everything i find says its the same or better than a glock for less money

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/review/XD-9_Tactical.htm

Onelegged, about 50% of people prefer the Heckler and 50% prefer the Glock. The Heckler is more complex, more expensive, more accurate, and I hear their customer service is absolutely terrible. It is a very fine firearm, although Ive heard a lot of people say that the slides rust. As for the Glock, it is very simple, there is no hammer, still accurate, affordable new with lots of cheaper used ones out there, and the customer service is GREAT. The only draw back of the Glock is that the trigger pull takes considerably more effort than a lot of semi autos, since that is the safety, basically. You will never have to worry about remembering if you put the safety on in a tight situation. Plus the Glock has TONS of aftermarket accesories making it a more versatile gun than the Heckler. You cant really compare the Heckler to the Glock, unless you are comparing the polymer Heckler USP series to the Glock. Thats like comparing a Benz to an Acura. The Heckler is more refined, but it is going to require more maintenance. If you buy either one though they should last you a lifetime and then some. Personally, I looked into the Heckler USP's, but I am going to go with a Glock 22. You should forget the 9mm and get the .40. If you are ever in a situation where its going to have to be you or whoever, the .40 is going to provide you with knockdown power that the 9mm can't provide. The advantage of the 9mm is less recoil though, meaning you can get off more shots in a tighter group, BUT your life could be over before you are able to get off those extra shots. Don't kid yourself, get the Glock 22. It has the same exact frame as the 17, but it is chambered for the .40 S&W.

Seriously, keltec??

No bueno..You may not have had any jams Al Green, but your gun was made on a Tuesday between 12-1pm when all the normal workers were out to lunch.

H&K makes a superior firearm to most handgun manufacturers, but they're a little more expensive than most. Hopefully, you're buying with the intention to keep the gun forever so that may not be a factor.

Glock makes a good handgun and for that reason most municipalities carry them.

Why do you want a 9mm? Might I suggest a .40cal? The .40cal is a slightly larger round, but was developed to have great velocity and better stopping power. Stopping power is esential if you plan on using this gun to save your life.

I'm almost willing to bet that the adrenaline of your attacker has a 5-10 second jump on your reaction and you will want something that packs a punch.

I could go on for days...

There are some things in life you can get away with being cheap on. If you plan on using one for anything more than target shooting, a gun is not one of those things. It is a tool. If you mechanic for a living would you want to be using Kmart tools or Snap On tools? If you cant afford a decent firearm, save your money until you can. I would buy used quality anything before I bought something new and cheap.