GUMMO

nemersion

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that movie was shitty. everyone thinks its all cool because oh man its soo different and abstract and really exposes people to whats going on. whatever that movie was shitty by a shitty director. word. anyone can take a camera and shoot some kid in a bunny thing..and if you say, but its the ideas and conceptions he blah blah blah. whatever anyone is just as creative..the people arnt are just lazy.

man, if you didn't like it, catch a brick. harmony korine is probably one of the most important director/writers out there today. he's participated according to the 'dogma 95' manifesto and is so incredibly young to have achieved such greatness. and if you weren't aware, he's responsible for writing 'kids' and writing/directing 'julien donkey boy', both of which have been credited with originality and ground breaking cinematography.

the best part in gummo was when my favorite skateboarder mark gonzalez made a cameo in the chair wrestling scene..overall i thought the movie was depressing because people really do live like that and its sad...

harmony korine is supposed to have a new film out soon with a slew of pro skateboarders in it....

------------------

ac slater

• 3 years later...

What about that androgynous kid that straight rigs the broken glass cat trap in back of that convenience store all to the tune of that growling death metal?

-My favorite scene for some reason

-Kid pulls portrait off of wall....roach-a-rama

-cat plugged repeatedly with pellet guns in the pouring rain

-"C'mon, just gimme some! Gimme some!"

-cat drowning

-cat flogging

-"I think he's gay!"

-"Patrick Swayze is gooood lookin, I would pay money to touch him"

-The scene with Harmony Korine and the dwarf

-The stuff with the actual white trash talking about hating "niggers" and torturing cats

-The only part where I cringe is when the weird looking kid is talking to the Down Syndrome Girl before he fucks her. But the scene soon cuts to the other kid telling jokes, which is fucking hilarious.

Originally posted by Chicken George@Sep 1 2001, 05:07 PM

that movie was shitty. everyone thinks its all cool because oh man its soo different and abstract and really exposes people to whats going on. whatever that movie was shitty by a shitty director. word. anyone can take a camera and shoot some kid in a bunny thing..and if you say, but its the ideas and conceptions he blah blah blah. whatever anyone is just as creative..the people arnt are just lazy.

whatever

Originally posted by Chicken George@Sep 1 2001, 11:07 PM

woah man, what's with your name ?

did you read my post about the real chicken george ?

Originally posted by MOOGLE?@Jun 23 2005, 09:40 AM

eh... its one of my faves but,,,rabbit proof fence is so much more hardcore..

and woah seekers posted with only one sentence instead of the usual whole 3 or more paragraphs....this must be an old thread....?

rabbit proof fence was boring man

didnt like gummo either, when that kid's working it's really vile

one of my favorites but i can only watch it like once or twice a year. has anyone ever actually been to xenia, ohio? it really is a weird place.

-nothing new for trash like you

-This afternoon, we walked into a fruit store, and the clerk thinks I'm some out-of-town hick. "Those apples will be two bucks each", he tells me. I pass over a five. And as he's about to give me a dollar change, I say "keep it, we're even. On the way in, I stepped on a grape".

-Xenia, Ohio. Xenia, Ohio. A couple of years ago, a tornado hit this place. It killed the people left and right. Houses were split open, and you could see necklaces hanging from branches of trees. Dogs died. Cats died. I saw a girl fly through the sky... and I looked up her skirt.

-Damn you, rabbit! You smell like fuckin' piss!

Archived