1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Gulf War video game released..wtf

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by High Priest, Oct 8, 2002.

1. High Priest

High Priest 12oz Elite Member

Gulf War video game released..wtf

Discussion started by High Priest - Oct 8, 2002

Has any one aside from me seen the commercials for this game? Its like
    a rpg where you play as an american soldier out to kill Heussian (sic?) ... just seems a little funny being released around the same time as Bush is trying to rally support for his invasion. I guess a new form of propaganda is upon us..

High Priest - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. Merdle

Merdle Guest

Merdle - Replied Oct 8, 2002

First, and no I havn't even seen commercials for it. That is weird they'releasing it now.
    Edit, oops, didn't realixe I quoted you.

3. sectorTVA

sectorTVA 12oz Senior Member

sectorTVA - Replied Oct 8, 2002

America's Army? this game rocks...very buggy still but i think the army/government did a good job making it...some of the most realistic gameplay ive ever experienced...however, i think we might be talking different games here....in america's army you are placed in scenarios mimmicking real life situations, there are no names, no references to terrorists, or sadaam, or osama...a very straight forward first person shooter, which rewards teamwork rather than lone wolf type gameplay...pretty much the only 'new' game im playing right now...it has been in the makings for a while, but was released after september 11th as a PR stunt for the army i suppose....regardless on you views of war, the government, and the military, this is a solid game, great fun...

edit-
    okay, so i opened up an old issue of pcgamer highlighting this game, it seems the army is also releasing another game called soldiers, this is more of an RPG, but pcgamer says it just documents a soldiers training through boot camp....i dont know...i dont care...i probably wont get soldiers because it sounds lame.....but soldiers is what you could be talking about i guess...it hasnt been released yet however....

sectorTVA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Oct 8, 2002

that's not a game, its a commercial for a real war. they just used computer generated soldiers cause they didnt want to have to pay actors...

bush is getting desperate for support.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. sectorTVA

sectorTVA 12oz Senior Member

sectorTVA - Replied Oct 8, 2002

bush is indeed desperate for some support....its kinda sad that the economy has gone to shit and all he does is talk about war....i havent seen the comercials yet, but from the way you describe it seeking id say they went way over budget on some computer games, and therefore couldnt hire real actors in theyre comercials...as much as i enjoy the game that was made...i still wonder how many tax dollars went into making it...not too much i guess.....but maybe more than i think....

sectorTVA - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Oct 8, 2002

haha... naw dude, what i was saying is that they made commercials selling 'war' like it was cereal or tampons... that they just took the direct marketing approach to the situation.

i was just being silly...

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  7. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Oct 8, 2002

I assume your talking about Conflict:Desert Storm for the PS2 & XBOX & GC in 2/2003.
    The game sucks so far. Get SOCOM.

blahblahblah propaganda, damn the man, fight the power, *raises fist, give peace a chance, imagine, and all that other shit.

fuckin smilies came up automatically. had to get rid of it.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. wiseguy

wiseguy 12oz Elite Member

wiseguy - Replied Oct 8, 2002

the japanese just released a pearl harbour game recently it's a really cool game.

sorry bad joke.

wiseguy - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: