Guitar gear,.........favorite shit.......

George Dubyah Bush

hmmmm.....if i work like a dog this summer, here's some gear i'm plannin to get......

-b.c. rich em1 in gold burst

-hopefully a marshal 100+ watt combo amp

-lastly a zoom 505 2 effects pedal

and if i ever become rich and get lots and lots of money......

-a santana edition Prs with the eagle inlays

-a ace frehley edtion gibson les paul

-two marshall cabinets and a dope marshall head

-hmmmm.....another prs on the side

- oo!oo!! any type of Esp guitar with a floyd rose whammy bar and those EMg's active pickups

any guitar heads out here???

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i saw that ace frehley in the new musicians friend...been trying to get a crad there... god help em if they ever give me one...i just got a new fender jazz bass...natural wood finish...i love it ... i have been thinking about getting a new epiphone ...or something like that. just got some new strap locks if that counts. and just recently been buying 7 string guitar strings ditching the highest string and adding the heavy string where the e goes...it makes for a heavy sound

ohhhh shit!.......that 7 string idea sounds really good......especially for playing like ratm, or 311........hmmmm......ideas ideas......yeah.......i know this girl who spent 2000+ dollars on a music man bass, if you're into bass........2,000 freakin dollars!!! !JESUS! at least her daddy and mommy didn't pay for it. props to that

Originally posted by Frate Raper:

I play this beat up old Nova accustic peice of shit! it only has 4 strings at the moment but it's all I need.It's out of une and I suck so I don't care!

yea...old out of tune piece of shit guitars are the way.....and its important to not 'know how to play'......fuck scales, and proper playing. pick it up; play. make up your own styles.too much guitar on this planet. i 'play' guitar by dragging them tied behind my car on dirt roads while recording the road 'playing' the guitar. heh. yes, i hate guitar.

shoo...this si hwere I will keep talking and bragging...I just now set down my washburn festival series custom acoustic...its my baby, black with a green sunburst. I Have an epiphone SG that I have rewiered and replaced both pickups..george lynch screamin deamon at the bridge and a gibson jazz pickup at the neck. At the moment I have a kustom 2-valve vintage 100watt head but I am saving up for probably a triple rectifier..mmmm..and I have a randall 4x12 cabinet but soo I will put some eminence alluminum speakers in it. I can't forget the good ole fender american jazz bass...arctic white finish. and a trace elliott 250watt combo to go with it...I want a to buy a hartke 500watt head a 4x10 and a 1x15 for my bass but I don't see that happening in the near future.

i play a '72 Gibson KM Les Paul Custom,old limmited edition Gibson Modern or a '99 Fender Cyclone through a Fender pedaltuner then into my old 96 Marshall w/ the channel/chorus pedal running into that. Dunlop picks,De 'Addario 10 on top 46 on the bottom.

You know theres a 12 string bass out there!

Originally posted by Face Me Face Death:

shoo...this si hwere I will keep talking and bragging...I just now set down my washburn festival series custom acoustic...its my baby, black with a green sunburst. I Have an epiphone SG that I have rewiered and replaced both pickups..george lynch screamin deamon at the bridge and a gibson jazz pickup at the neck..

oooh, i'd take that puppy and bash it good.

george lynch??? that wank ass from dokken?

i got a 1950 something beat up as hell martin. that thing is fucking sweet, i got it from my dad who got it from a friend of his in the 70s or something for free. sounds amazing still. yeeeeeeah. then i got a black gibson standard sg, fender princeton chorus amp, wah, pitch shifter, phaser, distortion pedals.

and i like 311, and tim is a good guitarist, better than many anyways. even if you don't like them, they do have skills. you haven't really listened to them if you say they don't. new album tuesday.

dream gear time! oh shit!

guitar:

PRS custom 24

Marshall AVT double stack

Line 6 floorboard

Crybaby WAH

bass:

Modulus Flea bass

Trace Elliot stack

Boss Bass Overdrive,Bass WAH,and Bass Flanger

------------------

"illumination comes so hard,makes me see but it leaves it's scars,at times i wish that i didnt know,what i know now"-henry rollins

soul clap for aset and face me face death for having/liking quality shit. Epiphones are nice, but man....the extrea 500-700 a gibson is worth makes the difference. those things are tone machines......but prs's on the other hand are like 100% pure butter.

soul clap for eat mor glue for defending me on 311...........ummmmmm....oh, no soul claps go to whoever said that just pick up a guitar and play. Thats shits ok if your going to rock hard like a mofo, but that attitude is too punkish for me. I think of myself as probably more educated and skillful and looking into the metal/alternative way of things. i'm not a born talent like satriani or hammet or vai but i'd like to be.....anyways. thanks for giving my thread life. peace

Guest cracked ass

I'm not a gear head, mostly because I'm not rich. I'd like to fuck with a Parker Fly guitar and some Marshalls and a Rat distortion pedal. But my current low-budget rig is OK, especially since I haven't been able to find people to jam with for 10 years who A) like my kind of music and B) are serious about practicing instead of serious about getting stoned.

"You have to not know how to play" Fuck that noise, only a select few oddballs can pull that off and make worthwhile music, for the rest of you it's just an excuse for laziness, or an overreaction to a certain few speedsters who are guilty of fretboard masturbation. I'm all for noise but it should be ordered, or at least deliberate.

Not to be a nut licker but.........yeah parker fly's look mighty tasty. and finding the right people to jam with.. i feel you on that.

i just came back from a little short rehearsal jam with some kid, jeezus. so much bullshit, and head up your ass syndrome. i have only found like 1 or 2 people in my life so far that have similar muscial tastes and inspriations. would i love if someone was on teh same route as me......

I hate fucking kids who think they're hot shit when they aren't.....yeah......and i also hate freakin' whiney ass my girlfriend broke up with me punk bands.......and the noise guitar shit is only succesful for a limited few....all yo other suckers are playing the same fucking chords. sorry for the hostility but the fucking assholes at that jam pissed me the fuck off. hoarf

I currently have a Premier(the drum company) rip off of a Les Paul. I was thinkign about getting a De Armond s76 it's like a 7 string verson of a Gibson SG. but that 7 string Idea is not bad at all. I also use a Zoom 2100 processor I am saving for a marshall cabinet.

------------------

You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

i play a mexican sunburst strat with a seymour duncan jb jr bridge pickup (fucking hot as hell) and i put in a push-pull potentiometer so my second tone nob changes it from humbucking to single coil so i can still have a country twang if i am really really feeling dumb. my amp which im selling on ebay as we speak is a marshall jcm-2000 tsl 100 (yes... triple super lead 100 watt) with a 1960-classic type a slant cabinet (yeah.... thats with the 4x12 celestion greenbacks...) and it rocks ass hard. i have to get rid of it though and its a long story. i plan to buy a peavey vtm120 which rocks ass hard (even harder than the marshall for thrash, etc.) which is a lot cheaper anyway. i also play an epiphone les paul special which is pretty cheesy but has some kick ass high end on it. i dont use pedals anymore except for an 7slider eq pedal that i basicaly use as a volume pedal for solos and whatnot. my bass is a mexican fender jazz bass (sunburst) and ihave a peavey markIV head with a 1x15 and a 4x10 cabinet. that is all. (well not really but thats all i use.)

Archived