Guide To West Bank Check Points

metallix

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/middle_east/03/w_bank_checkpoints/img/infographic.gif'>

Introduction

A recent report by a group of 20 aid agencies has drawn public attention to one of the little reported aspects of the continuing conflict between Israel and the Palestinians – checkpoints and roadblocks in the West Bank and Gaza.

The report said these travel restrictions – some of them in place since the beginning of the intifada in 2000 - limit Palestinians' access to schools and medical care, increase frustration and destroy hopes for peace.

Israel says the measures are vital to stop suicide bombers flooding into its cities to terrorise the civilian population. However, the army has periodically eased travel restrictions, for example during the three-month ceasefire by Palestinian militants in summer 2003.

The restrictions range from unguarded earth-and-concrete barriers to complex military checkpoints where documents can be inspected and people and vehicles searched.

Some of these divide Palestinian-controlled areas from Israeli ones – but others, particularly unguarded barriers, are located in the middle of Palestinian areas.

The structures are now part of everyday life for Palestinians, with thousands having to pass through them daily – for work, social or family visits, or medical treatment.

Click on the graphic to explore what happens at an Israeli checkpoint and read about the experiences of Palestinians who pass through the roadblocks and Israelis who guard them.

Words and photographs by Martin Asser

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/midd...tml/default.stm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

THIS THREAD JUST ADDS TO THE MEDIA PROPAGANDA .. THE ISRAELI GOV. IS A GOV THAT THRIVES OFF OF VIOLENCE THE SNIPER ATTACKS, BOMBINGS AND USE OF MILITARY FORCE UNDER FALSE PRETENSE IT IS HISTORICAL FACT THAT NO COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE EAST INCLUDING AFRICAN AND ARABIC COUNTRIES HAVE EVER DEFEATED ISRAEL IN A WAR. IT IS FACT THAT THE ISRAELI MILITARY FORCE IS FAR MORE ADVANCED THAN THE MAJORITY OF EUROPEAN FORCES. THEREFORE MAKING IT COMPLETELY UNECESSARY TO CALL ON ANOTHER GOV MILITARY FOR ASSISTANCE ( U.S.A.) .

SO BY ESTABLISHING THE IMAGE AS THE BIG BAD BULLY WITH THE U.N. ALL ARE YOU ARE GOING TO EVER SEE IS THE NEWS AND SHIT LIKE THIS TELLING THE STORY ABOUT HOW PALESTINE IS A CONSTANT THREAT TO ISREAL AND THE WORLD. BEHIND THE SCENES YOU CAN BET THAT SUVILLIAN DEATHS OF PALESTINIANS BY THE HANDS OF ISREALI WOULD PROBABLY BE THREE OR FOUR TIMES MORE. ISREAL IS NOTREAL... BLOODY SAVAGE MURDERER INC

http://www.cdbaby.com/covers/j/i/jihad.jpg'>

Guest HESHIANDET

opened

ok i re-opened this stupid thread so you faggots can talk about IT and mumia, bush, ralph nader and the war in iraq.......

so annoying

heshiandet - it's so annoying because you hate the liberal slant that most who would respond here have, or so annoying because you hate thinking about politics on the world stage? not a set up to rant on you, i'm just curious. i still haven't been able to gauge too well where most graff kids stand on the leftist/liberal---right/conservative slant yet.

and i think big blue either meant to type civilian, or he's the cleverest motherfucker ever. i want that jihad graphic as a backpatch.

Guest Catch22
Originally posted by BIGBLUE

IT IS FACT THAT THE ISRAELI MILITARY FORCE IS FAR MORE ADVANCED THAN THE MAJORITY OF EUROPEAN FORCES. THEREFORE MAKING IT COMPLETELY UNECESSARY TO CALL ON ANOTHER GOV MILITARY FOR ASSISTANCE ( U.S.A.) .

Israel wouldn't survive without the US Military and yes this thread should've stayed closed.

Why politicize it?

Its an APARTHEID WALL.

2 entries found for apartheid.

a·part·heid ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pärtht, -ht)

n.

An official policy of racial segregation formerly practiced in the Republic of South Africa, involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against nonwhites.

A policy or practice of separating or segregating groups.

The condition of being separated from others; segregation.

Remember East and West Germany?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived